It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

foia what a joke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
i was perusing the nsa site (mibs are prolly already driving to my house) for ufo related foia documents. check this out. why even bother releasing documents like this, its basically all blacked out.

www.nsa.gov...

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
They do not black things out. There send the documents and add a page that list the missing documents.

So if there is 500 pages and you get 480 they list 20 page numbers that are witheld with the reason for witholding.
Typical excuse is because it hinders an ongoing investigation of some sort.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
ummmm look at the document i posted and you will see what im talking about.

i noticed that there was a reference to NFI in the document so i did a search on google using the miltary and govt search for NFI UFO. there are some strange documents there. dont know what they are because i cant open them. might be nothing dunno.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
HAHA,yeah,I saw a special with Stan Friedman one time where he actually took LEGAL action to obtain docs through FOIA,and when he finally got them,98% of them were completely blacked out.Some "freedom" of info,eh?

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by spangbr
ummmm look at the document i posted and you will see what im talking about.

i noticed that there was a reference to NFI in the document so i did a search on google using the miltary and govt search for NFI UFO. there are some strange documents there. dont know what they are because i cant open them. might be nothing dunno.

I've ordered a case file and know for a fact what they do just as I have posted.

X number of pages were missing from the file and an index was included listing the missing pages.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
There is a person that probably would be able to answer any FOIA questions you might have, his name is John Greenewald.

Here is his website: The Black Vault

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
eve look at the document directly from the nsa. its all blacked out. saying its not blacked out is like saying the sun doesnt come up in the east. are you even looking at the link?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Yes, I know what you mean.

I have clocked the link. They black out basically all the info except where it refers to words "unidentified" flying object or something. Its common, and i agree. The FOIA, on first glance, seems pointless. Alot of information youre gonna get from a piece of paper that looks like someone went slap happy with a crayon on it.

This is common, and just about all the UFO docs released by the CIA and NSA have been blacked out as to make them useless.

But the fact that these documents are blacked out, what little you can read is VERY telling.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
One can always wonder if the "It was a cargo flight" really refer to the UFO, or "the aircraft in the area", lol. I cant imagine what could possibly be so secret (besides names).

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just curious...do you have to pay for anything you get from FOIA, i was on a government website before (I cant remember which) and they said it costs so much per hour of searching?

Is this true?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I would like a G-man/woman to explain to just how a blacked out document is declassified info. And if I have access under FOIA, why then is that info still blacked out?

top topics

join