It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tau Ceti and the Anamolous Radio Transmission of 1977!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Accorrding to the BBC, Tau Ceti has a sun-like star along with planets, one of which is in the hospitable zone.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I realize the radio transmission anamoly from the big ear telescope at Ohio University in 1977 in the direction of Tau was never reduplicated, which probably means it was most likely terrestrial. However, when I read the BBC article it got me thinking.....

Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Pretty obvious IMO, what it means. Don't need to connect too many dots.

The only thing I worry about is the secret space program and the literal "star" gates, and that they may be acting like absolute NAZI's and Bullies in other systems. I pray and ask for intercession daily that our so called PTB will be rounded up and put in holding cells and then massively healed, counseled, reform school, by Angel ETs and Heaven.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

Tau Sagittarii was the star closest to the "wow" signal source in 1977, not Tau Ceti. They aren't anywhere near each other.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The "Wow" signal came from within the constellation Sagittarius.

Wow Signal coordinates

While Tau Ceti is in the constellation of Cetus.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon

Tau Sagittarii was the star closest to the "wow" signal source in 1977, not Tau Ceti. They aren't anywhere near each other.

Yes and no.

Tau Sagittarii is the closest star visible to the naked eye in the direction of the "Wow Signal" but not the closest star. The closest stars to the "wow signal" that we could see with telescopes are three star systems with the name "chi sagitarrii".

But yes -- you are absolutely correct that Tau sagitarii (or chi sagitarii for that matter) is not near Tau Ceti and the planets mentioned in the BBC article. Tau Ceti (in the constellation Cetus) and Tau Sagittarii (in the constellation Sagittarius) are 1/4 of the sky away from each other.

...Which takes me to Unity_99's post:

Originally posted by Unity_99
Pretty obvious IMO, what it means. Don't need to connect too many dots....

Unity_99 -

Before you talk about what is "Obvious" and before you start connecting dots, maybe you should try to verify the information you have first.

You read this erroneous post on an internet forum confusing Tau Ceti with Taus Sagittarii and started talking about "obvious implications" and "Connecting the dots" using that erroneous information. Perhaps first try verifying the raw information you receive prior to connecting the dots and drawing conclusions that you find "obvious".

edit on 12/19/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Thanks folks for clearing it up for me, really appreciate it. Thats what these forums are for.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If you can view this all the way through (and listen also to it) and not pull you hair out (if you have hair-I do) you are a better person than most..or very interested in the WoW transmission from SETI and here it is:Line 8a WOW SETI 6EQUJ5 Big Ear ALIEN UFO I FOUND ..

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Here's the signal without all the other crap -

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Really interesting posts, thanks. I watched both of them. However, there is no relationship between the Wow signal and Tau Ceti. Sorry.

Moderator you can end the thread if you like. Anyone interested simply in the Wow signal can go the the other, better thread.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
Here's the signal without all the other crap -

Fixed the video for you:

But as being said, Tau Ceti is not connected to the wow signal.
edit on 20-12-2012 by SpookyVince because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The wow signal was never recorded. It was just a printout. It wouldn't have enough information to create an audio track from it.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Trajan1973

Not really, that's true, however it is a wave, and as such it can be interpreted as a sound.

Just like in this thread: Listen to a star, where vibrations that stars emit are "converted" into "sounds" (this is basically sort of a re-sampling - or i.e. a frequency alteration - to allow the wave to be played in an audible bandwidth).

By the way Trajan, maybe it's a nice idea to post a little "Hello world" (or Hello ATS) thread in the appropriate section. Welcome on ATS!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I analyzed 1977. I am sorry to tell you all, it's a hoax. Notice the disguised voice (who has a foot-wide deep throat?), the Star Wars Light Saber sound in the background, the doppler incoherency at the end (speed is not supposed to change, only pitch), the german accent.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Pretty obvious IMO, what it means. Don't need to connect too many dots.

The only thing I worry about is the secret space program and the literal "star" gates, and that they may be acting like absolute NAZI's and Bullies in other systems. I pray and ask for intercession daily that our so called PTB will be rounded up and put in holding cells and then massively healed, counseled, reform school, by Angel ETs and Heaven.

Not too surprised you didn't have to connect any dots.

Put the bong down matey.

top topics

join