It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four shot dead in Colorado murder-suicide, police say

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The sadness continues....
Article

DENVER (Reuters) - A man shot and killed three people in a home in Colorado on Tuesday before turning the handgun on himself and committing suicide, authorities said.

Sergeant Tim Schwartz of the Weld County Sheriff's Office said police received a call from the home in a community about 35 miles north of Denver before dawn and heard a female voice say "No, no, no" before multiple gunshots were fired.

A man then came on the line and said he was going to kill himself, and the dispatcher heard another gunshot, Schwartz said.

Officers found the bodies of two females and two males, and recovered a handgun at the scene, Schwartz said. Three of the dead were adults, he said, adding that one of the females may have been a teenager.

Schwartz said authorities were still trying to determine a motive for the shooting.

Earlier this year, a gunman in Colorado killed 12 people and wounded 58 others at a midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" in a suburb of Denver.

According to a May report by the Washington, D.C.-based Violence Policy Center, Colorado was one of 10 states where gun deaths outpaced motor vehicle deaths in 2009.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Every shooting now, really?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
Every shooting now, really?

Except for the inner city ones or the ones that involve people with brown skin.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Colorado is a horrible place

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Yeah, Agreed,.
As I had stated in many other threads,. this very comment,.
do we really need to now hear about every shooting???

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I was watching CNN today and they said FIVE shot dead in murder suicide.

Well, either they need to find somebody in LE who knows how to count dead bodies, or someBODY who
was there earlier up and walked away.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yeah really.

I asked a friend the other night "I wonder how many inner city kids have been killed or injured in shootouts since Sandy Hook."

Every shooting is a tragedy, not just the ones the media loves to eat up and put on display. Instead of all this talk about banning guns and violent video games and movies, maybe we should be focusing on making mental health care more widely available and affordable, and perhaps focus on actual criminal rehabilitation instead of throwing them into a cage in an environment where they will become more violent.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

Okay, as sad as this is,.....now we are into the garden variety shootings that happen at the rate of a few a week, 52 weeks a year. In fact, if the media is choosing this period to focus, we're in for a depressing Christmas thanks to that. The Holidays are the higher periods for everything from Domestic Violence to domestic homicide and cases like this. Not only are people generally more depressed this time of year if they start that way to begin with ...but family members who don't mix well together the other 364 days of the year are often forced together for get togethers and that often has less than happy outcomes.... Just statistical facts there.

So I really, sincerely hope the media isn't planning to bombard us with this daily now. The U.S. had over 9,000 firearm deaths in a recent years's total. I'll gladly stipulate, to use a fancy lawyer term, to the fact that 24 gun related homicides occur every day in this nation, 365 days a year, without a single day off.

(...and England recently racked up 14,000 knife crime related injuries as well... 38 per day... we could really turn mass media into all crime, all the time on what happens as daily routine if that was ALL covered.)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If we had banned assault style rifles this would not have happened.

If we had banned all handguns, he would have still had, found one, used a knife, used a poker, or choked...

Bad assault rifles, BAD!

--------

Sucks, though. The country is going crazy, as i have said before: it's a societal mental health issue. Our society seems to be perpetuating these incidences, by its very nature, at the constant barrage of contradictions and crap that overwhelm stimuli.

Add to it the socioeconomic pressures, job pressures, advertising, media....it seems to short circuit the brains of people.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
In other news, today happened and people die. Water is wet and fire is hot, but none of this makes any difference with the end of the world being Friday. Mayans said so, not really, but we'll pretend they did!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RivingtonRebel

The hell it is! I'm here and a few hardly make the whole! The media is a horrible place! They give face time to horrible people who do horrible things. I heard that is why more crazies will take out others with them instead of just killing themselves. They feel bad about themselves and are looking for attention/recognition even if it is only after their death. They are not unknown that way, people know about them, hear their story, blah blah blah..

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Yah, triple murder suicide is not every shooting.

Guess this was just an everyday case of domestic violence.

Weld County shootings linked to Longmont domestic violence arrest

Gissel, the neighbor, said Sanchez and Silva seemed to have a happy relationship as they lived together at the home on Mount Massive but that Silva moved out around Thanksgiving. She said the couple enjoyed cooking and baking and would invite neighbors over for barbecues. She said that after the breakup, Sanchez said he was just going to move on. "It's breaking my heart. I can't believe he took it that hard," Gissel said, tearing up. "(Beatriz Silva) didn't deserve it. He didn't seem like that type of person." Gissel said the couple lived together in the home for about six months before the breakup. "He was a wonderful guy. He was really, really nice," Gissel said. "I have never seen a bad side of him, never seen him angry. He was a happy guy, fun to be around." She said she saw a tense moment between them only once while she was visiting the home watching a Broncos game. She said it wasn't a fight, but the incident made her uncomfortable enough to leave. "You never imagine something like this happening in your neighborhood," she said.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks for your perspective Wrabbit. Your right the media has a way of highlighting these events for ratings.
I fell for it I guess. I will admit I was looking for a connection to the other shootings.

Anyhow, I do feel a person capable of suicide along with murder to me is not too far from a the sickness that motivated James Holmes or Adam Lanza. Anger and jealousy can kill as much as brainwashing.

edit on 18-12-2012 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
There was a murder suicide near my town yesterday. It was related to 2012 hysteria, though.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa

The hell it is! I'm here and a few hardly make the whole! The media is a horrible place! They give face time to horrible people who do horrible things. I heard that is why more crazies will take out others with them instead of just killing themselves. They feel bad about themselves and are looking for attention/recognition even if it is only after their death. They are not unknown that way, people know about them, hear their story, blah blah blah..

True, true!

I'm a Castle Rock resident and I love, love, love my town and my state. It's actually kind of great that people are fearful of CO or think it sucks because we need to slow down the population boom one way or another. My town has a population cap on it so it can preserve all of the open spaces and keep its smaller town charm. Please, keep people away, we like it the way it is. If people want to believe that things only happen here, not that CO is always focused on because of two other of its tragedies, then so be it, we don't want you here any way

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This..........Columbine, the theater shootings..........

This is getting out of control.............

Its time to ban Colorado, and immediately vacate the state, let the gov take it over and use the land as they wish......

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Its time to ban Colorado, and immediately vacate the state, let the gov take it over and use the land as they wish......

Stuff happens in Chicago on a daily basis, including children being killed there by gunfire. Why not vacate there?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mountaingirl1111

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Stuff happens in Chicago on a daily basis, including children being killed there by gunfire. Why not vacate there?

Chicago too, time to ban the whole city........

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observationalist
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks for your perspective Wrabbit. Your right the media has a way of highlighting these events for ratings.
I fell for it I guess. I will admit I was looking for a connection to the other shootings.

Anyhow, I do feel a person capable of suicide along with murder to me is not too far from a the sickness that motivated James Holmes or Adam Lanza. Anger and jealousy can kill as much as brainwashing.

edit on 18-12-2012 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

Oh, hey..No problem. I was very careful in how I worded what I said to direct my ire at the media, not you as the OP. After all, I've been on the receiving end a couple times for being told I'm a fool for posting a properly sourced, current headline. That's as cheesy an attack as gets.

That doesn't mean I give the media making the headline and putting it out for all to pick up on the same pass, right?
They know better.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mountaingirl1111

Originally posted by MaMaa

True, true!

I'm a Castle Rock resident and I love, love, love my town and my state. It's actually kind of great that people are fearful of CO or think it sucks because we need to slow down the population boom one way or another. My town has a population cap on it so it can preserve all of the open spaces and keep its smaller town charm. Please, keep people away, we like it the way it is. If people want to believe that things only happen here, not that CO is always focused on because of two other of its tragedies, then so be it, we don't want you here any way

I'm up in Loveland, but maybe you are right. If more people hated CO maybe less and less of them would move here. I have noticed an increase of California plates in CO over the past few years too. So they can all go and take their screwed up outdoor mall ideas with them! There was a reason for the indoor mall in cold climates, not sure why anyone thought it was a good idea to bring the whole outlet mall/outdoor malls to Colorado, but they can take it with them when they leave our horrible no good very bad state!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join