It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hendrick Motorsport Plane Crash; 10 Passengers Killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Fox News is reporting that a plane carrying ten members of the Hendrick Motorsport Team has gone down on it's way to a NASCAR race. No word yet on who was aboard. Jeff Gordan Terry LaBonte, Brian Vickers, Jimmie Johnson and Kyle Busch drive for the Hendrick team.

The plane went down in the Bull Mountain area.

No links yet. Will update as I find or hear of them.

[edit on 04/10/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Fox just picked up the story.

LL1

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Here's one: msn.foxsports.com...

That's so sad!

Odd

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
You'd think the media could get in touch with the drivers and let us know if they are alive or dead... I'll be following this.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I just posted a thread with this news. Sorry. I was six minutes late. I didn't see any other posts before I posted. Was listening to it on television.

Here's one link I found.
www.wcnc.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
You'd think the media could get in touch with the drivers and let us know if they are alive or dead... I'll be following this.

From the news on television, there were no drivers on board.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
FOX is now saying that some of the missing were members of the racing teams. No word still if any drivers were on board.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
From NASCAR.com

MARTINSVILLE, Va. (AP) -- A plane owned by the Hendrick Motorsports organization crashed on its way to a NASCAR race Sunday and all 10 aboard were killed, federal officials said.

Eight passengers and two pilots died in the crash, a spokesman with the National Transportation Safety Board said.

a list of those onboard (from the article)...

Ricky Hendrick, Rick Hendrick's son and also a NASCAR driver; John Hendrick, Rick Hendrick's brother and president of the organization; Kimberly and Jennifer Hendrick; Joe Jackson; Jeff Turner; Randy Dorton, the team's chief engine builder; Scott Latham, a pilot for NASCAR driver Tony Stewart; and pilots Dick Tracy and Liz Morrison.

This is really horrible, and will have quite a large effect on the sport. Hendrick's teams have a large following. Also, at least 2 of Hendrick's teams are in the race to win the championship. My heart and prayers go out to everyone involved.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This will really shake up the racing world. They lost a lot of team VIPs in that crash, not to mention the family members.

LL1

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
That's so sad for their families, and so close to the holidays...

new topics

top topics

join