It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this Crap?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I just heard a radio add fo this product: Hollywood 24-Hour Miracle Diet

Ten bucks for a bottle of "all natural" juice that promises to shed five pounds off you in one day.

Hey Sherlock!

If I wanted to drink a juice combination that promised better health and weight loss I would go to the grocery store!

I suspect either a dose of "speed" or more likely a combination of diuretics to make you lose about 2.5 liters of water. (net!)

What makes me even more mad is that the radio commercial mentions their website by the registered url: purplediet.com.

So anyone doing a search on "purple diet" or "color diet" will be diverted away from good information like this: What Color is your Diet?

Shame on these scam artists!

Ever notice that most products proclaiming "As Seen on TV!" as a selling point are the cheesiest most stupid things bought by the gullible?

As if making enough money to afford TV advertising by ripping people off and putting their health at risk is something to be excited about!

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It's crap alright...

To lose one pound, you have to have a calorie deficit of aprox 3500 calories, or burn 3500 extra calories. Thats why you don't typically lose more than 1 pound a week. You have to reduce your calories by 500 every day to shed a pound (2.5ish kg). To lose 2 lbs, you have to conserve 1000 calories a day. Thats a hell of a lot for anyone and equal to half the calories consumed by an average person in a day.

To lose 5 lbs in a day, you're losing water weight. No stimulant in the world could burn THAT many calories extra without making your heart explode or something.

All diets that drop weight fast deal with water. Atkins, miracle diets, soup diets... When it's over, you're also likely to put weight back on just as fast as you lost it.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Odd

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I don't know... I lost fifteen pounds overnight on the 'cut off my arm' plan, and I haven't looked back since

join