It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Political System is Diseased

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Does anyone believe that the Democratic and the Republican parties really have the best interests of the American people in mind? Who can deny that the players in these systems are influenced by people and parties who only have their own self interest and survival of their assets in mind?

We have now two if not unqualified, possibly disqualified candidates for the presidency. One of the many things that they have in common is that they are both filthy rich. There are great numbers of people who would be better suited, more qualified, and more effective as leaders of this country than these two, but they don't have an abundance of cash with which to buy the presidency.

All of the commitees that are designed to make the country a better place either have at some point, are currently, or at some time will, be bought out by someone who has the money to buy them.

Everyone has their price, and it seems to me that the Governments price has been met. Over and over and over again. How can we possibly cure this disease at this late stage? Are we beyond the point that we could reverse it and return America to a democracy of the people, as it was intended?

[edit on 24-10-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I don't think so, to bring our country back to the times that the government was actually for the people, I belief a civil war will have to happen and even that is not garantee, yes our government has been sold and boutht by big interest, by the ones that holds the wealth in this country.

And to make it fare it includes both major parties.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm concerned about those new paper-less voting machines supplied by the corporate friends of the republicans.

Even Venezuela (no offence V'ians) was able to audit their vote properly thanks to the paper records.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I don't think so, to bring our country back to the times that the government was actually for the people, I belief a civil war will have to happen

Dont count on a Civil War....3 out of 5 Americans are fat, lazy and are alcoholics.

top topics

join