It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court warning on "racist pets"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Pet owners have been warned that they could be held responsible for the racist actions of their animals under Britain's anti-hate legislation.

This warning came after astonishing scenes at a English magistrates court earlier this week. "Trigger", a former brewery dray horse of some 12 years but who now entertains children who are able to pet him and ride on him at fetes and fairs was brought before the court for alleged racist behaviour, namely that on April 1st this year, "Trigger" did cause a racially aggravated assault by rearing up on his hind legs and throwing to the ground Ali Khan at a country fair at Follyton near Luton, Beds.

www.bnp.org.uk...

The British National Party is bringing stories once again from the wacky world of news. Honestly, what the hell "racist pets." This is occuring under Britain's new anti-hate crim legislation. Someone in government is taking notes on communism and is taking the idea a little too far.

LL1

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I have heard of:racist dogs

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well I don't know if you saw my post "Why Black Cats" earlier on today, but I believe that Black Cats have been targeted for some time!. They have always been associated with evil and witch craft and have suffered many 'racist' remarks, when compared to other coloured cats!

This is a situation which must be stopped and if it takes a court case to stop people slandering Black Cats then we must support the action 100%!

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If you were to look very closely you would see that my tounge is firmly embeded in my cheek! LOL

LL1

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
There was a video that heared showing the dogs were trained
to kill blacks.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I don't know about killing blacks, but in some African countries I know from experience that some Ex Pats trained their dogs to bark at black people.

It is not beyond the realms of reason to suppose that they may also have trained their dogs to attack black people who entered the perimeter of their dwellings?

LL1

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Did you click on the red words "kill blacks"? It has the article of
the trained dogs.

[edit on 24-10-2004 by LL1]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
"Trigger", a former brewery dray horse of some 12 years but who now entertains children who are able to pet him and ride on him at fetes and fairs was brought before the court for alleged racist behaviour [...]

This is great news, thanks to heroic Trigger bringing this test case I'm looking forward to seeing animals being afforded the same rights under the legislation as afforded to people.

I wonder if we'll manage to get as far as vivisection being condemned as genocide ?

(To assist in making any opposing view - genocide is usefully defined here: www.preventgenocide.org... )

[edit on 24-10-2004 by 0951]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
LL1, that story is pretty bad, but nowhere in it did I see any evidence of the dogs being trained specifically to attack blacks. I mean, they must realize that as a police dog, there are whites that commit crime too. I don't know about that other cop story either, it just doesn't add up. White people commit crime too so they must realize it's futile to train a dog specifically for black people.

And by the way, the original story I posted was about a horse!

LL1

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Yes you did post this about a horse didn't you... sorry

But I saw "racist pets", and thought the story on the dogs was
both interesting and related to the topic.

As for the dogs' training, I'm sorry it did not specify in the article,
they did have the entire training information detailed when it first
aired on television news. They trained the dogs by/on scent, by giving
the dogs attire of blacks.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
By scent, that's pretty interesting. Though, I wonder if that argument is brought into court, whether or not it might be deemed racist.

I know dogs generally have poor color vision, so I wonder, if a dog is trained against colored people or black people in general.

Did you catch that part at the end of the article stating that court action is pending on pyschiatric evaluation of the animal. Pretty weird stuff to say the least.

LL1

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
They probably train the dog the same way bomb/explosive/weapons
/drugs/money sniffing dogs are trained.
Now if the "pet" is trained with the intent to purposely sniff out
a particular race then it would be deemed racist.

As for the pyschiatric evaluation, they will more than likely see what/how the
animal reacts in many given controlled test situations.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So if my cat attacks a rat out of hate, can I be charged?

Our what if a dog kills my cats?????

I can understand if you teach the animal to hate, its another thing when the animal gets freaked out and hurts someone. Animals dont hate, unless mistreated.

[edit on 24-10-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I've actually seen this in action. A few years ago while walking around the Garden District in New Orleans, my friend and I came up on a nice friendly dog behind an iron fence. We were petting him and letting him lick our hands, and the dog suddenly became VERY aggitated and was looking across the street growling and bearing it's teeth. We backed up quick, and looked, and there was a black teen walking down the other side of the street doing nothing but heading home from school. The dog got louder and was barking menacingly until the boy got to a point in the street where his back was then turned to us and he was getting further away. The dog went back to happy, but we weren't about to pet it. We hung out for a little while longer near the corner where we could watch sensing what was going on. It happened two more times - the dog went nuts whenever a black person would walk by, but stayed calm and happy when anyone else went by. Yikes.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
These liberals are #ing up their own party line.

Ok. If all races are the same, how the hell can animals tell them apart by scent? if there is a "white scent" or a "black scent"....then there is biochemistry involved. A Diffferent biochemistry.

This whole BS on racist pets its jsut that, BS.

I swear to go, some people need to be shot for being anal-retentive hypersensitive assholes.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I will refer to the 1982 film White Dog starring Kristy McNichol. More on the storyline here!

For those who can't afford the time or bandwidth ...

Combustable Celluloid
"White Dog" tells the story of an actress (Kristy McNichol) who hits a beautiful white German Shepherd with her car. She takes it to the vet and eventually adopts it, without realizing that it's an attack dog, trained to attack African-Americans. Instead of killing it, she takes it to a pair of professional animal trainers, Burl Ives and Paul Winfield. Winfield takes it upon himself to decondition the dog.

I saw this film which was aired on televison once, it was quite a disturbing premise.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
My current dog could have been called racist at one time. Before I acquired him a 12 old Hispanic boy, who was known for abusing animals, ran over him with a bike and broke his leg. Then he proceeded to beat him with a stick. It took 2 years to resocialize him and get him to stop attacking Hispanic boys on bicycles. Not to mention surgery and a bone infection he suffered from the leg.
So who is at fault, the dog or the boy? I'm glad I don't live in Great Britain!!! I moved to Alaska to get away from all that craziness. That judge should be tossed out on his ear. What a creep!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join