It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Release of the Best Quality Photos from the Maslin Beach case (1993)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

If your post was simply meant to be humorous then fine, otherwise saying it looks similar to something else doesn't add much.

If you find something absolutely identical then fair enough but if just similar then unless it can be shown that it was definitely used as a basis for a model then what's the point.

Must admit I was always disappointed that Jeff Ritzmann didn't look into this set any further because the object supposedly resembled some kind of ashtray. Everything and anything can resemble something otherwise the Rorschach test wouldn't exist.

Not that I can state with any conviction what is in the photo's, just for some reason they have always particularly intrigued me.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I think before too many people make the usual assumptions, a perusal of the links provided by the OP should be in order first.
This subject has been well discussed and dissected by many "experts and Authorities", with the general feeling that it is "An Anomaly".........

As stated, this person has recently died, almost 90yo, so it wasnt a childish prank of 20 years ago.

Apparently he was an ex WW2 pilot, tho he must have been young and toward the end of the event.

Apparently he was thoroughly sick and tired of people accusing him of a prank etc, that toward the later years, he never mentioned it......Doesnt sound like a prankster to me.

Apparently these photos are from a few scratched an worn photos that someone else (not the photographer) had??? Im a little confused about that one, but its in the link stories.
Apparently, he lent his original negatives to his now ex son in law, who was in the military at the time (????), and they were returned all scratched and virtually unusable.........so the story goes.

As I said, I live in the same city, and Ive heard nothing of this till an ATS thread....of course no internet in the old days, and I didnt follow the UFO scene.....

Why no other wittnesses??,,....Well Maslins is a sleepy little beach suburb, full of oldies and youngies, that I would think would have been in bed at that time, or if it was a work day, on their merry way North to the city about 30 minutes away. Also the main road is a couple of miles from the beach cliffs,so actually driving on the main road, you cannot see the beach at all, nor can you see the cliffs...tho there are a few sand quarrys around.
Anyone driving at 6.00am on that morning on the main road, probably wouldnt have seen anything, of course one of the reasons being that the Sun would be blasting in their face from the east...so glare/reflections etc...we drive RHD here, same as the UK, opposite side to the US.
I forgot what season this was, but in our summer daylight saving, the sun rises at around 5.45-55am.
He did describe the object as taking off straight up and (into space) within 3 seconds or so.
As ex military/supposed pilot, he would have a natural interest in seeing an object like this...so that makes sense.
Could be a Probe....they dont all have to have occupants....we send probes, and even CRASH into other Worlds, without invitation...Perhaps it is a remote fuel tanker drone to gather H2O for the mother ship in orbit, to feed the fission engines and life support systems.
Perhaps Earth is just a stop over/rest stop on the Galactic Magnetic highway????
This is NOT inconceivable..
Just because they are Non Earthians, doesnt mean they have to land here and abduct people, or meet the president etc....they may not even consider us, as they havent disturbed us or contravened the "Prime Directive".,

They may/possibly have different concepts of Ownership....which is a modern Human greed concept.....ancient man tribes often didnt know the meaning of ownership....what was there, was for everyone.
Do they need our permission to scoop some water out of the sea for fuel??? Of course not.
Do we ask the fishies if we can take them away from their families and homes, suffocate them, then eat them??
edit on 18-12-2012 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
These photo's show an incredible use of clingfilm stretched between two objects out of shot. The small creases in it even double up as 'rays' Wow. Put anything on the top and it appears to be flying. A very good optical illusion. Of course, this can only be done in the morning when the sunlight is at the same height as the clingfilm to avoid reflections. NEEEEXT!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Why would anyone go to this much effort of faking UFOs pictures and then not photoshop the fishing line out ?

edit on 18-12-2012 by anomalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by anomalie

You should read the story from the OP links, that was described as a fine beam of light attached to the other object drawing it in.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gort51

I can go with that

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph
reply to post by anomalie

You should read the story from the OP links, that was described as a fine beam of light attached to the other object drawing it in.

Thanks - I just the read the original story at UFO Evidence.

'fine beam of light attached to the object drawng it in' or maybe fishing line holding a smaller model UFO ?.

The photos were taken by Eric Thomason back in 1993 and were released a year later heres a link for anyone thats interested in the original story.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

He stated he felt water dripping on him as the object sped away? If the object had just exited the water then why is there no evidence of it dripping from the surfaces of the object. I would think water droplets coming off the object would have been highly visible in the photos.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Not commenting on the hoax status at all, but just an observation:

I think it's funny that the "craft" really does look like something the U.S. Government would make. Very boring looking, drab grey, unexciting design. So that's my bet; if it was indeed a real craft, I bet it was a U.S. made test craft, with a very bored pilot who had a mountain of paperwork to look forward to that day.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HistrionicSpock

We used to have a saying in the military regarding aircraft...'if it's ugly, the Russians made it.'

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by grayeagle
reply to post by Lonewulph

He stated he felt water dripping on him as the object sped away? If the object had just exited the water then why is there no evidence of it dripping from the surfaces of the object. I would think water droplets coming off the object would have been highly visible in the photos.

Good point. The witness said it was 'spinning'.... that could bean rotating maybe,..fast..slow, I don't know.
Maybe the jerk skyward when it departed, along with the spinning, shook water out of the seams, etc..

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HistrionicSpock
I think it's funny that the "craft" really does look like something the U.S. Government would make. Very boring looking, drab grey, unexciting design. So that's my bet; if it was indeed a real craft, I bet it was a U.S. made test craft, with a very bored pilot who had a mountain of paperwork to look forward to that day.

Yes, it does.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The 'string' running in the last photo between the larger and smaller ship looks like water dripping off of it, to me.

The white lines in the clouds looks like two different contrails.

And as already stated, the ocean/sky line wouldn't be a clear one at that time of day, it rarely is all day long. Too much fog and moisture in the air.

If someone wants to extrapolate off the size of those plants in the foreground and also the arc of the curve of the ship compared to the glare from the rising sun, you could probably get a triangulation on it and know distance and size.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

bingo elevenaugust

but there will be claims of contrails and scratches

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Hey you werent supposed to show that picture yet you ruined all the fun!

I told you that thing wasn't 40 meters and was likely man made!

edit on 20-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Can you provide details of the process applied to give that result ?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by chunder

Can you provide details of the process applied to give that result ?

Sure! Quite simple:

1- Open the hi-res photo which direct link is given in the OP with Paint.net (for example...)
2- Auto-levels
3- Luminosity curves set to 206/90:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by chunder

Or you can simply adjust the contrast until they pop up.

Elevenaugust you should send that filtered image back to the original investigator.

On that back of it write, 'Duh!'
edit on 20-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have never bought into these because I could not believe the aliens could build something so dumb looking. If they are real, they must work for Toyota on the side.

That's right, I just made fun of your Toyota.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join