It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Shooting Exploitation & Cover-up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
There's so many threads on this matter now that I'm not sure if others have posted the same idea. But I wanted to share a thought or two regardless.

The coverage on this tragedy is nearly 24/7 --- every-time I catch the news channel on there it is. Every mainstream news site has it plastered as the maximum number of stories. Even forums like ATS have a constant stream of these threads with thousands upon thousands of post in a relatively short amount of time.

I turned on the news for 15 minutes just earlier, & the reporters were re-telling the same shooting account over, and over, and over. Then one mentioned how gun control advocates are heated, and pushing the president to make a move. The attention focus here reminds of me 9/11.

Now I sympathize with the families and children who lost loved ones; but for one I think it's unhealthy & a bad idea to put so much focus on these types of occurrences. As one poster pointed out with a video, this may actually prompt others to commit similar acts because they want their 15 minutes of fame. Even at the cost of many lives.

Also, this entire thing seems to be a huge distraction/diversion from other events that may be happening. One huge example is Outrageous HSBC Settlement Proves the Drug War is a JOKE. These bankers got off with a measly fine for directly harboring the money that the cartels made (killing thousands of people). This is the sort of story that should be on every front page news source. I think we really need to keep our eyes peeled for stories/articles flying under the radar now. Including existing or new legislation that may be used against us. NDAA-type deals.

Lastly, the shooting is being exploited, to the max. If Americans stopped to think for a moment that thousands of children are being murdered overseas due to our relentless drone strikes, over the years. Not to mention children killed (estimated 1/2 million) from sanctions put on certain countries. Yet 18 American children are killed as a result of one lone man, & the nation burst into an out-roar. Gun-control advocates are in a frenzy, and even people that previously were not for gun control may feel obligated to now support these laws. This entire situation is a mess of epic proportions, and one that feels like it's going to be used.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

"The death of one is a tragedy, the death of a million is just a statistic."

2nd line

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

Yea I always think of that quote at certain times. In this case it's not a single person, but it's a couple dozen. Which is bound to cause a definite emotional reaction. But when it goes up into very high numbers that's when people lose the ability to empathize. It would be too painful to truly empathize with that many suffering people.

However, I think it's always more of tragedy when it's people from the same nation. One person dies in a foreign country & nobody pays attention. Thousands die, a few pay attention. Millions die, still only a few. It takes a specific set of factors to really get the masses to respond to foreign tragedy. Typically it has to be a media focus or go viral. Otherwise it gets ignored.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The timing now reminds me of the original FED legislation that ushered in the Central Bank and personal income tax.
Most of Congress will be away on Christmas break and a handful of legislators will pass sweeping changes in
law.
I feel sure it will be rolled into fiscal cliff hand-wringing 11th hour predrafted (like the Patriot Act), statutes
that water down the 2nd Amendment.

new topics

top topics

join