It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New sheriff in town...err school?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The Principal and his/her vice’s are the deputies.
The principal in charge of a school is charged with the safety of his or her students.
It seems in the recent shooting in Connecticut failed to do so.
We can no longer afford school police or security for schools as we have too many and too high paid administrators.
Police officers carry guns and just what are their qualifications? A HS diploma and a POST certificate.
Why not qualify our principals and their vice’s to carry on duty?
To be a principal you must not only have a healthy background check but you must also have a degree, a masters if I am right, many have doctorates and like to be called doctor (insert name).
These people genuinely care for children and would be excellent candidates to protect our children when we are not allowed to according to law.
We do not need security guards or police as this would not be a full time job.
This would be similar to the national guard, training every so often.
This would be a reserve job as it is not every day a nut job decides to murder babies.
What are your thoughts ATS?
Should the Principal become the school sheriff?
Someone needs to protect our babies, and all of the gun control measures in Connecticut seem to have failed as criminals and loonies don’t care about laws.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I remember when I was a kid ( a long time ago ) schools were pretty good about hiring ex-military for teachers and you could actually learn something useful about honor and morality .

Lets drop a lot of the stupid requirements for teachers and administrators , if you can teach you can teach , and if you can't a bunch of degrees aren't going to help . And I believe there's some pretty capable administrators that come out of the military as well .

They're trained , let them carry their old service sidearms , and wouldn't you feel better if junior was being watched over by an ex-marine drill instructor who still had his sidearm ? I know I would .

join