It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The poisoning american's drinks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Drink Ingredient Gets a Look

finance.yahoo.com

Sarah Kavanagh and her little brother were looking forward to the bottles of Gatorade they had put in the refrigerator after playing outdoors one hot, humid afternoon last month in Hattiesburg, Miss.

But before she took a sip, Sarah, a dedicated vegetarian, did what she often does and checked the label to make sure no animal products were in the drink. One ingredient, brominated vegetable oil, caught her eye.

“I knew it probably wasn’t from an animal because it had vegetable in the name, but I still wanted to know what it was, so I Googled it,” Ms. Kavanagh said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 14-12-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines -- Copy the Exact Headline

edit on 12/14/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Dec 14 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: try again to edit title

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
So they are poisoning the american population and any other nations they export these types of fruity drinks too. I'd stay away from gatorade, powerade, fanta orange (which i occasionally drink), Fresca, Squirt, Sunkist Peach soda, mountain dew and probably alot more to that list. Be careful what ingredients are in your drinks folks. This is one reason why i am glad i predominantly drink just bottled water and occasionally black or pekoe/orange tea. Also beware of these drinks in diet form as many diet drinks have saccarine or aspartame which are carcinogens (cancer causing agents).[snipped]

finance.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[petition removed]

edit on Fri Dec 14 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: 15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

edit on Fri Dec 14 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

edit on Fri Dec 14 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
So it is banned in other countries, but of course it is fine here in the good ole' USA. Big shocker there.

I have one vise pop, Wild Cherry Pepsi. Usually my Saturday drink. Other than that I drink Ice Tea and water at work.

And good for this young lady, for actually reading what she is drinking.
I wonder, since it causes Neurological disorders, if that ingredient may have had anything to do with those girls a while back, that had the twitching problem? Just a thought.
edit on 14-12-2012 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
BTW the ingedient used to preserve the flavoring in these drinks are flame retardent chemicles. So anyone who drinks these are drinking flame retardents. I guess if you're worried about spontaneous combustion you can drink, but personally i'm staying away from this stuff!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
So it is banned in other countries, but of course it is fine here in the good ole' USA. Big shocker there.

I have one vise pop, Wild Cherry Pepsi. Usually my Saturday drink. Other than that I drink Ice Tea and water at work.

It alsmot seems like a conspiracy, that our government is allowing these things to go on knowing it is slowly killing us.

Is it for money or some other sinister agenda? Georgia Guidestones perhaps?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This type of stuff makes me glad I don't have kids yet. I don't care enough about my personal health to pay that much attention to what I'm drinking or eating but if I had a child to care for, I'd be constantly worrying about that stuff and it seems like nothing now days is good for you.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaX
This type of stuff makes me glad I don't have kids yet. I don't care enough about my personal health to pay that much attention to what I'm drinking or eating but if I had a child to care for, I'd be constantly worrying about that stuff and it seems like nothing now days is good for you.

Just about nothing is. This is the equivalent of what hucksters would do back in the 1800's out in the frontier. Selling bottles of turpentine as a cureall, and people would drink it and sure enough they'd be cured, because their insides would dissolve and they'd die. Death cures all your troubles, permanantly.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I used to drink a lot of gatorade,at least a gallon or more a day for years,so this story has me a little worried.
I wonder how much bribe money these companies pay the government to allow them to slowly poison us?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Are you serious? I buy one of those 2 gallon things of orange gatorade every week or two. I had no clue it was poisoning me. Poisoning me with an ingredient that doesn't need to be there in the first place. If it separates the artificial flavouring, SHAKE YOUR DRINK! Maybe drinking so much orange gatorade has caused me to go crazy and spend 8 hours on ATS everyday.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

As a rule, I look to see what is not consumed in other countries, the "evil" countries.
Then I look for a reason why they do not allow their people to consume these.
I steer clear of almost anything that comes from a box or bag, I also avoid many sweetners other than just PURE sugar.
High fructose corn syrup is the devil.
Notice: alot of foods now proudly exclaim on their packaging hfcs free.
I guess some folks got wise.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Money. It's always about the money. Money or favors change hands to get a product passed that should never be on the shelves. Look at all the drug recalls. Look at the skyrocketing rate of cancer, autism and other disorders of the nervous system.
But hey, when there's billions to be made in the soft drink industry, what's a little cancer.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It's been an ingredient for quite a long time.. and given the lust for sugary fruity drinks in the world, it's quite a problem I'm sure.. well not for those countries in which it's banned.. which I think is most places

I gave up soda and sugary drinks a LONG time ago .. and it was the biggest reason I went from being 300 pounds as a late teen to 180-185 as an adult.
edit on 12/14/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I am kind of amused that it's popped up in the news as a shocker .... every few years it seems to come up in the news and yet nothing is ever done about it .. I've been hearing about it for a long long time..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
More importantly, keep an eye out for this little ingredient:Castoreum

Expressed beaver anal glands, it's in much of what you drink:

en.wikipedia.org...

often referenced simply as a "natural flavoring" in products' lists of ingredients. While it can be used in both foods and beverages as a vanilla, raspberry and strawberry flavoring,[12] the annual industry consumption is around 300 pounds.[13]

edit on 14-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It's vegetable oil with Bromine added to it to keep citrus flavours suspended in the drink. It can cause small side effects like skin problems with excessive consumption. Don't drink litres of the stuff, there are loads of things that can cause side effects when taken in large doses.

This article makes it look a lot worse than it is. I don't like how she says "a page popped up" with possible side effects and from there she started a petition, she doesn't actually know what she's doing.

What will they use as a substitute after this is banned? What side effects could that have?

It's not poison, the actual drink will do more harm if you consume enough for the BVO to do anything.

She fits right in to my stereotypical view of vegetarians... and she uses a mac.

edit on 14-12-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph
More importantly, keep an eye out for this little ingredient:Castoreum

Expressed beaver anal glands, it's in much of what you drink:

en.wikipedia.org...

often referenced simply as a "natural flavoring" in products' lists of ingredients. While it can be used in both foods and beverages as a vanilla, raspberry and strawberry flavoring,[12] the annual industry consumption is around 300 pounds.[13]

edit on 14-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

It's from the Castor sac and it's fine to consume, just a little gross.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by chiefsmom

It alsmot seems like a conspiracy, that our government is allowing these things to go on knowing it is slowly killing us.

Is it for money or some other sinister agenda? Georgia Guidestones perhaps?

don't forget HFCS [=w/ GMO Corn]

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
It's vegetable oil with Bromine added to it to keep citrus flavours suspended in the drink. It can cause small side effects like skin problems with excessive consumption. Don't drink litres of the stuff, there are loads of things that can cause side effects when taken in large doses.

This article makes it look a lot worse than it is. I don't like how she says "a page popped up" with possible side effects and from there she started a petition, she doesn't actually know what she's doing.

What will they use as a substitute after this is banned? What side effects could that have?

It's not poison, the actual drink will do more harm if you consume enough for the BVO to do anything.

She fits right in to my stereotypical view of vegetarians... and she uses a mac.

edit on 14-12-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

bromine is bad for you and can cause iodine- deficiency related illness

Avoid Bromilated Vegetable Oils in Breads & Baking Products educate-yourself.org...

It’s the Bromilated vegetable oils in bread that are causing the obesity, HFCS causes diabetes, brain disorders and contributes to obesity, but its the decrease in thyroid hormone from bromilated flour that is killing our youth...and you. Stop buying Israeli Products as well as Chinese Products and a nation can breath again.

Start looking for Bromide on the package-labeling of the breads, rolls, and hamburger buns we buy. Guess what? They hide it under another name!!!
Azodicarbonamide

Here's the lowdown... and notice that it's OUTLAWED elsewhere!!! All your fast-food joints use it, including Subway... not healthy... SO STOP BUYING ANYTHING WITH THIS CHEMICAL IN IT and buy the more expensive organic breads... BUT READ THE LABEL!!! Also, AVOID anything with partially hydrogenated oils. Always, always, read the ingredients.

Google this chemical Azodicarbonamide and read all the nasty stuff. Then, take a look at this site regarding partially hydrogenated oils, which can cause Type II Insulin resistant diabetes: www.healingmatters.com...

Iodine And The Halogen Revolution educate-yourself.org...

There are four halogens: iodine, bromine, fluorine and chlorine. Only iodine and chlorine are necessary to the body. We need iodine in all the aforementioned tissues (probably all tissues, but it is most concentrated in the thyroid). We need chlorine in the stomach for secretion of hydrochloric acid. Chloride ion is also an important part of the blood's regulation of its acid-base balance. You need sufficient chloride to breathe.

All these halogens use the same receptors in the body. Therefore if a person's diet is deficient in iodine, the iodine receptors in the thyroid and stomach, may fill up with bromine, which is commonly present in grains, bleached flour, sodas, nuts and oils as well as several plant foods. This person's thyroid function is deficient and the iodide-pump in the stomach will not work efficiently either.

Much research has been done on the close correlation of insufficient iodine and breast cancer as well as cysts in the ovaries and uterus.

A person whose sweat glands are low in iodine will suffer from dry skin. It is important to note here that the present "low salt" regimes pushed by the mainstream medicine leave us chloride deficient as well.

Fluorine from sources such as toothpaste, certain teas, and fluoridated water will also take up receptor space.

My research shows me that once this iodine receptor space is taken up by another halogen, it takes a certain level of iodine loading to replace the unwanted halogens with iodine. This point seems to be especially pronounced for bromine. While I have seen that 1 to 2 milligrams of iodine daily will allow protein metabolism to normalize, I have also confirmed that it takes much more to remove unwanted halogens from the system.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
It's been an ingredient for quite a long time.. and given the lust for sugary fruity drinks in the world, it's quite a problem I'm sure.. well not for those countries in which it's banned.. which I think is most places

I gave up soda and sugary drinks a LONG time ago .. and it was the biggest reason I went from being 300 pounds as a late teen to 180-185 as an adult.
edit on 12/14/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

Yeah, i noticed when i laid off the soft drinks i started losing weight pretty fast. Thats why i switched to drinking water or tea.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

So basically Monsanto has their fingers in just about everything we eat and drink in america. Oh boy. Now i really need to start paying attention to what i eat. Ofcourse i figured anything that comes in a box or a pre-packaged bag was bad for you, logically if you think about it, most of the food we have comes from a box or a bag and no one is the wiser about what they put in it. Thats a reason i'm going to start growing a garden and looking into canning my own food, provided i can find a holistic preservative to can with.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join