It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can debunk "Infinity" in less than 8 minutes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'm not sure if it's okay to post the same video in two different forums, but in the 2nd part of this video I really think that I soundly debunk the concept of Infinity - and thereby (throiugh direct logical inference) debunk all infinite stuff like the always existent God, the Universal Consciousness, infinite amounts of energy that cannot be created nor destroyed, omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence, infinite space/time/multi-universes, and whatever else is described as being infinite in nature.

This morning, in the 2012 Forum, I had to deal with the fact that NASA released their "I Told You So" video early (something to do with their concern that a lot of people are thinking that 12-12-2012 started some sort of "countdown" to the 12-21-2012 apocalypse, from what I've been able to piece together) which has caused me to have to release mine early as well. But for this forum, I think that the part of the video that debunks Infinity is certainly appropriate for discussion.

If you like it, then pass it on. If you think I didn't accomplish the debunking effort, then let me know where I blew it.

I kept it simple, so I have to admit that I can't see any holes in the logic, but maybe I'm wrong.

+41 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
you really just tried to debunk infinity??? im done with this site... bye

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

i haven't watched the video but is this string theory?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I didn't realize there was even a conspiracy surrounding infinity..... really? So what do we call things that appear endless? Oh and, whats the highest number we can count to?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Unfortunately, I am unable to watch videos for the next 4 or so days (satellite uplink atm) but am interested in what you have to say.

Could you explain your hypothesis or point me to a link where you may have already covered it?

Thanking you in advance........

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Hmm,

If one draws a circle on the floor and start looking for the end, how long till you find it?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It is all that is finite that is the falsehood ghost, riding inside of, outside of, throughout the Infinite All.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
this is why truth is never found on any subject. you cannot place a conspiracy on every god damn story.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Okay maybe the rap song was not the greatest medium to have presented your argument in, but I'm sorry, I don't see how you disproved anything. Infinity is a mathematical concept, for which mathematical proofs exist, so I'm not sure how you CAN disprove it.

If you want to restate your proof in this thread, minus the distractions of music, rhyming and graphics, I'd be interested to see what your argument really is.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

Hmm,

If one draws a circle on the floor and start looking for the end, how long till you find it?

Immediately. It starts where you put the pencil down, and ends where you picked the pencil up. Unless it took you an infinite amount of time to draw the circle, which is impossible, it would never equal something called infinity.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

i haven't watched the video but is this string theory?

No. Just simple Quantum Physics. That's all you need.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShaeTheShaman
you really just tried to debunk infinity??? im done with this site... bye

No, I did debunk Infinity. It didn't take much effort actually. I even made a song out of it (sort of). That part was harder.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Oh come on guys, lets throw the debunker a bone. Debunkers need to debunk things you believe in or else they don't feel superior to all the gullible fools who believe in silly things like infinity!

Way to go NorEaster, you've single-handedly saved rationalism yet again from superstition.

edit on 13-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
I didn't realize there was even a conspiracy surrounding infinity..... really? So what do we call things that appear endless? Oh and, whats the highest number we can count to?

Endless is not the same as infinite. Infinite extends in both directions. Endless only extends in one direction. Big difference between the two.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
Oh come on guys, lets throw the debunker a bone. Debunkers need to debunk things you believe in or else they don't feel superior to all the gullible fools who believe in silly things like infinity!

Way to go NorEaster, you've single-handedly saved rationalism yet again from superstition.

Much like mystics need to be mystical about things? Lets all throw dogs bones; the world will be a better place.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

Unfortunately, I am unable to watch videos for the next 4 or so days (satellite uplink atm) but am interested in what you have to say.

Could you explain your hypothesis or point me to a link where you may have already covered it?

Thanking you in advance........

It involves establishing what the quantum actually determines, and applying it to the concept of infinite extension - which projects in both directions to infinite contraction as well as infinite expansion. The quantum proved that infinite contraction (smallness) does not exist in physical reality, and that literally eliminated a full 1/2 of the infinite gradient (from small to large) in all manners of how that can be applied. The fact that the reality of infinite smallness has been debunked (for 100 years now) means that infinity - as an actual quality/quantity attribute within the physical realm - can't possibly exist at all. Nothing that can be physical or that can affect (or be affected by) the physical realm can be infinite in concept or construct. It can claim to be, but the quantum itself proved that physical infinity is nonexistent.

I think that sums it up for the most part. The music and photos and footage are better in the video though. It's a toe-tapper.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

Cool. Maybe I'll get a major award.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
Okay maybe the rap song was not the greatest medium to have presented your argument in, but I'm sorry, I don't see how you disproved anything. Infinity is a mathematical concept, for which mathematical proofs exist, so I'm not sure how you CAN disprove it.

If you want to restate your proof in this thread, minus the distractions of music, rhyming and graphics, I'd be interested to see what your argument really is.

Infinity is a conceptual placeholder. That's all it is.

The music, rhyming and graphics are what I like about it. You think it's easy to debunk infinity within a song structure? You try it. Debunking infinity's easy. Max Planck already did the heavy lifting. Making it cool isn't easy. That's the part that takes some inspiration. I even played all the guitars myself. Check it out with headphones on. That swampy slide guitar is pretty authentic.

edit - Oh, and Helium.com isn't a source. I used to "write" for that site, when I started out trying to learn how to write. Those are weekend warriors with no actual journalism jobs who write on that site. Their stuff gets sold to Yahoo and others after getting hacked to death and stripped of their byline. Those guys write for stars that they get from the other writers. There's no legitimate editing on that site for any of the "articles" posted there. That's where wannabe writers go to get ripped off by content providers. It's a hack mill.
edit on 12/13/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Infinity is as another poster said, a mathematical conception or expression.

Think of it in practical...er...not so practical terms.

If you got into a space ship and headed for the edge of the universe, you would never get there...no matter how long you lived or how near the speed of light you could approach. So from within an expanding universe, it would appear to be endless...infinite. It is an expression and a concept so...no...you didn't debunk anything...

But you are allowed to think so if you need to...nothing you said or proposed changes my concept of what the term is used to describe.

edit on 12/13/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Are you talking about a mathematical concept of infinity? I think your intent was to "debunk" God, which is fine. You can say that God does not exist and you can say there is no evidence.

I'm sure you're very proud of your idea and your rhyme, but it is very light on substance. What do you call pi or an any irrational number. The problem with the God debunkers or the atheist debunkers is that it is predicated on the assumption that they have all the information to validate their positions, but what I've learned is that the more I know, the more I realize I don't know. It doesn't really matter one way or the other. It is the journey that matters and the journey is really what is in the now. Which I think you alluded to in your rhyme at the end of the video. It seems that you have some good ideas, or I should say that I think agree with some of your ideas, but your initial premise and the judgmental way you present it seems a little incongruous, but that is only MHO. Maybe I'm not understanding what your point is. If your point is that these concepts are just words to categorize, quantify and describe what the rational mind can't really comprehend, then I agree. But the mathematical concept of infinity is a different matter and you seem to blur the 2.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join