It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas baby whose neck swelled because of feather is out of hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Kansas baby whose neck swelled because of feather is out of hospital

www.kansascity.com

On Monday, the doctor on rounds scraped off a scab that formed. After the doctor left, the Whittingtons noted what appeared to be a string or stick emerging from the spot. They left it alone, since the doctor hadn't done anything to it, Aaron said.

When Mya's pediatrician visited later that evening, however, she asked what it was. She then put on a pair of gloves and plucked a 2-inch-long black feather from the swollen area of the child's neck.

Read more here: www.kansascity.com...=cpy
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What the...
The educated guess from the physicians is that she swallowed a feather and it got lodged in her throat then her body slowly rejected it through her skin.

Given that the baby is only seven months old, she must have swallowed a feather right out of the womb. I wish they released what kind of bird it is from. I'm betting it's from an owl.

What are you thoughts? What's stranger? This being rejected through the skin without any sign of complications in a span of less then half a year or that she has some chicken DNA, hah!

www.kansascity.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
HAGRAVEN!

Seriously though, what a strange story! I was unaware that the human body could spit out large objects through the skin. Is this realistic theory or are the Doctors just reaching? I ask, because I'd never heard of this happening on this scale.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

People exposed to the Nagasaki and Hiroshima atomic explosions, and survived, had glass coming out of their bodies even 50 years after the explosions... So yes, the body can reject things thru the skin.

I had a broken tooth, and a few months after the extraction, I was feeling things on my gum that were shards of thooth, coming out about 6 months later...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
HAGRAVEN!

Seriously though, what a strange story! I was unaware that the human body could spit out large objects through the skin. Is this realistic theory or are the Doctors just reaching? I ask, because I'd never heard of this happening on this scale.

I was totally thinking Hagraven, too! Or a harpy.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
reply to post by MmmPie

People exposed to the Nagasaki and Hiroshima atomic explosions, and survived, had glass coming out of their bodies even 50 years after the explosions... So yes, the body can reject things thru the skin.

I had a broken tooth, and a few months after the extraction, I was feeling things on my gum that were shards of thooth, coming out about 6 months later...

Yeah, I know it's possible but it's still just crazy to think about how well our bodies work in that capacity.

With the glass in Hiroshima and your tooth story, though, those weren't cases of you swallowing them and then they come out of your skin on the outside. But, you're right, it does happen.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Our bodies are marvelous pieces of "machinery" indeed...

In the case of the nuclear explosions of WWII, it was thought, when I saw the documentary, that the victims had been bombarded with sand that would have melted inside, because of the radiation, and then slowly come out... It was definitely thought as something being forced into the body following the explosions...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I read this story this morning and thought that was weird as hell. The story I read stated she may have accidentally swallowed the feather from a down pillow the parents had. The parents indicated that she was very rarely around the pillow and even had the pillow in storage for months (must have been a pregnancy pillow). But trust me...I have 2 kids and they find things you didn't know existed, lol.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

I'd never heard of this before, that's insane!

Thanks for the enlightenment, and a nice personal story to go along with it!

new topics

top topics

join