It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden reference to Christ the book of Genesis ch 5?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Does the book of Genesis contain a hidden reference to the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ? You be the judge.

Here is the source video for this idea. It was forwarded to me in an instant measage from a friend just a few minutes ago. You can watch it, or if you lack the time or inclination to watch, I will lay out the basic argument below the vid.

OK, the message is hidden in the geneology running from Adam to Noah in Genesis 5. Let's look at the sorce text:

This is the written account of Adam’s family line.

When God created mankind, he made them in the likeness of God. 2 He created them male and female and blessed them. And he named them “Mankind”[a] when they were created.

3 When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth. 4 After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters. 5 Altogether, Adam lived a total of 930 years, and then he died.

6 When Seth had lived 105 years, he became the father of Enosh. 7 After he became the father of Enosh, Seth lived 807 years and had other sons and daughters. 8 Altogether, Seth lived a total of 912 years, and then he died.

9 When Enosh had lived 90 years, he became the father of Kenan. 10 After he became the father of Kenan, Enosh lived 815 years and had other sons and daughters. 11 Altogether, Enosh lived a total of 905 years, and then he died.

12 When Kenan had lived 70 years, he became the father of Mahalalel. 13 After he became the father of Mahalalel, Kenan lived 840 years and had other sons and daughters. 14 Altogether, Kenan lived a total of 910 years, and then he died.

15 When Mahalalel had lived 65 years, he became the father of Jared. 16 After he became the father of Jared, Mahalalel lived 830 years and had other sons and daughters. 17 Altogether, Mahalalel lived a total of 895 years, and then he died.

18 When Jared had lived 162 years, he became the father of Enoch. 19 After he became the father of Enoch, Jared lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters. 20 Altogether, Jared lived a total of 962 years, and then he died.

21 When Enoch had lived 65 years, he became the father of Methuselah. 22 After he became the father of Methuselah, Enoch walked faithfully with God 300 years and had other sons and daughters. 23 Altogether, Enoch lived a total of 365 years. 24 Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

25 When Methuselah had lived 187 years, he became the father of Lamech. 26 After he became the father of Lamech, Methuselah lived 782 years and had other sons and daughters. 27 Altogether, Methuselah lived a total of 969 years, and then he died.

28 When Lamech had lived 182 years, he had a son. 29 He named him Noah[c] and said, “He will comfort us in the labor and painful toil of our hands caused by the ground the Lord has cursed.” 30 After Noah was born, Lamech lived 595 years and had other sons and daughters. 31 Altogether, Lamech lived a total of 777 years, and then he died.

Source: Genesis Chapter 5

Now, let's pull out the names in order from Adam to Noah:

Adam, Seth, Enosh, Cainan, Mahalalel, Jared, Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech, Noah

Next, let's look at the meaning of each name:

Adam = Man
Seth =  Appointed
Enosh = Mortal
Cainan = Sorrow
Mahalalel = The Blessed God
Jared = Shall come down
Enoch = Teaching
Methuselah = His death shall bring
Lamech = The despairing
Noah = Comfort

Now put all these meanings together in order and we have:

"Man (was) Appointed Mortal Sorrow (but) The Blessed God Shall come down Teaching, (and) His death shall bring The Despairing Comfort."

Sounds like a reference to Christ, doesn't it?

Certainly makes you think, no? Well it makes me think, anyways...

edit on 12/13/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
it makes sense. did you come up with that. thats not a coincidence, and that it prophesied Jesus, centuries before his birth is even more amazing.

it gives hope.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
oh that's nice. kinda like a comforting hug.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
it makes sense. did you come up with that. thats not a coincidence, and that it prophesied Jesus, centuries before his birth is even more amazing.

it gives hope.

Thanks for the comment. It certainly is powerful considering the distance in time at which Genesis was written.

Makes me wonder what else is hidden here and there in the Bible.

No I did not come up with it, it's Chuck Missler's video up there, passed on to me from a friend.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
chuck missler is easy on the ears. think i'll go watch some of his other vids.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

That's amazing. I think I have seen this before. Matthew's Gospel also has the same type of hidden message. Here is the thread I did as SuperiorEd.

Message Hidden

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

What would you say about Cain and Abel?

Cain = Acquisition of spear (created one or smith)
Abel = Breath but it came from the name "Havel" which means vanity

So did they create vanity among humans? It almost makes sense. The god of Eden favored one offering over another and created tension between the brothers. Now mankind has to be vain with their accomplishments and it is considered a positive trait to be envied by your peers.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Cuervo because: spelling schmelling

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The Entire Bible is about the Person of Jesus Christ, from Genesis to Revelation and everything in between

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
There is no real limit to the information hidden in the Bible. In the here-and-now, what we have before is is like a white porcelain bathtub full of water. If you look into it, you can just see the pale aqua color of the water. The full revelation of God, however, is a deep blue sea. We will need all of eternity to study it all out...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Wah, that is awesome.

My name is David.

edit on 17-12-2012 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
Wah, that is awesome.

My name is David.

edit on 17-12-2012 by Angle because: (no reason given)

Hey, David, glad to see you here.

Call me Laz.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Have you heard of me before?
edit on 18-12-2012 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

yes..

I heard of this before, going on 5yrs now maybe a bit less.. defintely interesting !

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Have you heard of me before?
edit on 18-12-2012 by Angle because: (no reason given)

No, not until this very thread.
2nd
3rd
4th

new topics

top topics

join