It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly's accuser, Andrea Mackris, deep in debt.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The producer who has accused Bill O'relly of sexual harrasment appears to be over $100,000 dollars in debt. Could this be a factor for the multimillion dollar lawsuit?

www.drudgereportarchives.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The crap's flying now, eh?

Pity she has the tapes, huh?

Nice try but he's bang to rights and a provable perv.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
So, isnt it possible to be in debt as is the American way and be sexually harassed by a pervert???
O'reilly is in bid doo doo and im glad. People like him need to be shut up.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
The crap's flying now, eh?

Pity she has the tapes, huh?

Nice try but he's bang to rights and a provable perv.

What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? But since hes a out spoken voice on TV that everybody doesnt agree with or like he must be guilty and a perv.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I don't think this harasment law suit is going to get to court. The debt is just to big to go unoticed.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

- Given that he has admitted to most of what she alleges I think it's fair to label the guy a perv.

But since hes a out spoken voice on TV that everybody doesnt agree with or like he must be guilty and a perv.

- No, O'Reilly has admitted the tapes are probably completely genuine as he did make pervy phone calls.

So what's wrong with labeling him for the perv he clearly is.

Whether he is criminally abusive in that behaviour is to possibly be tested in court. We shall see.

[edit on 23-10-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Wow, i didnt know he's already fessed up. He's got himself a problem.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

- Given that he has admitted to most of what she alleges I think it's fair to label the guy a perv.

But since hes a out spoken voice on TV that everybody doesnt agree with or like he must be guilty and a perv.

- No, O'Reilly has admitted the tapes are probably completely genuine as he did make pervy phone calls.

Whether he is criminally abusive in that behaviour is to possibly be tested in court. We shall see.

[edit on 23-10-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

Can you link to some of this information of him admitting guilt? I cant really say I care much about this case so I havent spent much time looking into it.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

He never admitted to any such thing. Somewhere on ATS it was inferred that he did but it was debunked, the poster had jumped to that conclusion without any evidence.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris

He never admitted to any such thing. Somewhere on ATS it was inferred that he did but it was debunked, the poster had jumped to that conclusion without any evidence.

Well thats not very fair and balanced
I was going to say Im not a expert on that case but think I would have heard something on the news if he said that.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well, I think it was that he offered her a million dollars or so for an out-of-court settlement. So you could infer guilt this way, but even if not, you'd think if she was in it to get out of debt she would have taken it. At least I would have...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
He never admitted to any such thing.

- Yes, my bad.

Somewhere on ATS it was inferred that he did but it was debunked, the poster had jumped to that conclusion without any evidence.

- I was going by that I'm afraid and the O'Reilly lawyers claims to be seeking the tapes (which does kind of imply that they believe they exist does it not?) and the out of court settlement he is reputed to have offered.

Sorry folks.

Guess we'll just have to hold our horses and wait and see.

(in fairness though the guy does have a sleazy history and given his hounding of BC over Lewinsky I'm looking forward to this one developing!)

....BTW I totally agree about the $ business, if he offered a mill and she was just after cash why wouldn't she have grabbed it and ran?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The debt is just to big to go unoticed.

What are you loaded?

Who doesn't have $100,000 debt these days? Renters?

I've got twice that on credit cards. Pffft.

Mackris made $90k in her last job. $100K debt is entirely appropriate, if not expected in this economy. We're talking one earner income here. Single people have the same bills as you marrieds, just none of the tax breaks. Though we do relish in educating your offspring.

Besides he offered $2 million to settle. If she needed the money, she would have taken it.

Bah. Why am I even talking about this tabloid case!? I don't care. Someone must have said something stupid. STOP DOING THAT!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
200K in credit card debt OUCH I hope thats not normal RANT. I have been in debt before but never anything close to that.

What did you charge a Viper to your card or something?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

200K in credit card debt OUCH I hope thats not normal RANT. I have been in debt before but never anything close to that.

What did you charge a Viper to your card or something?

It's not normal for me. I just had to make every house payment and insurance payment and medical payment (when insurance ran out) and everything else on credit for a loooooooooong time after 9/11 "killed the dream." But I know plenty of people from Atlanta in the same boat. Money to burn in the 90's. Burned ever since.

Mackris is no different. I'm just saying it's not that high. Especially being a news producer bouncing between Atlanta and NY, it's quite reasonable in my opinion. I'd trade with her.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Sorry Rant but you got yourself in a vicious cycle of debt and hummmm is going to be very hard to get out of it.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
BlackJackal...you lost my interest when I saw this below your avatar:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I'm having an unusually moody day for some reason!

[edit on 23-10-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Sorry Rant but you got yourself in a vicious cycle of debt and hummmm is going to be very hard to get out of it.

Can I sue you for sexual harrassment?
Please?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
sorry Rand but I do look a lot better that Adrea Mckris no body will dare sue me for sexual harrasment.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Well, I think it was that he offered her a million dollars or so for an out-of-court settlement. So you could infer guilt this way, but even if not, you'd think if she was in it to get out of debt she would have taken it. At least I would have...

Hell, I'd let O'Reilly talk dirty to me for a million bucks!

I've never heard him deny the allegations. I've only heard him express outrage over the $60M price tag.

I hope he wasn't counting on sales of his new kid's book to buy Christmas presents....

<<   2 >>

join