It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela helping arab terrorists?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Surprisingly, another major oil producer has link to arab terrorists!

Another South American hub of Arab terrorism has emerged recently in northern Venezuela near the border with Colombia. Thousands of terrorists now occupy an unknown number of camps in that region, and move about with the support and collaboration of the Venezuelan government. President Hugo Chavez plays host to a growing horde of Middle Eastern terrorists from some of the USA�s most notorious enemies, including Libya, Saddam�s Iraq, Syria, Egypt and Pakistan

www.frontpagemag.com...

Is this getting a little old or is it just me?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee

Using Communism to justify military or other actions against a country has lost it's effectiveness.
If you use terrorism and Al-Qaeda however, it's really easy to get public support for such actions. It's just so easy to link countries to Al-Qaeda. You can do it with just about everyone out there and you can be sure the government will do just that whenever they feel the need to do so.

Chavez has been going down the path of nationalizing the oil industry and increasing royalties for oil companies who operate there, so I'm sure they'll find a way to remove him from power.

[edit on 23-10-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Surprisingly, another major oil producer has link to arab terrorists!

www.frontpagemag.com...

Chavez had better be careful...thats all I will say.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

See Chris McGee. it's working already.
People buy into propaganda so easily.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I know, I originally found this while I was looking at american dollar hegemony (look out iran, the euro is NOT good for you).

They tried to orchestrate a coup to remove the DEMOCRATICALLY elected president but that didn't work, so now we get good old arab terrorists. Nothing like the smell of oil to show a person's chatacter, eh ed?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

See Chris McGee. it's working already.
People buy into propaganda so easily.

Ever heard of the Monroe Doctrine?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I think this is why we suddenly see arabs in south america:

europe.tiscali.co.uk...

The Venezuelan oil minister Rafael Ramirez and the new Secretary General of OPEC, Pumomo Yusgiantoro (photo) have both said that the possibility exists that a decision will be taken about adopting the Euro as a reference currency. There appears to be a greater political will behind the discussion this time and not only for economic reasons.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

They tried to orchestrate a coup to remove the DEMOCRATICALLY elected president but that didn't work, so now we get good old arab terrorists. Nothing like the smell of oil to show a person's chatacter, eh ed?

No clue about Venezuela huh? That at one time was a promising democracy, the elections were fair cuase Carter was there? No even if they were, Venezuela is too chummy with Cuba and Chavez has been told what he must do...he will.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
@ed

yes:

'The United States would not interfere in European wars or internal affairs, and expected Europe to stay out of American affairs.'

It's a bit hard to stay out of your affairs when you invade a country to give them democracy
and then try to overthrow a democratically elected leader.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The Bush family has links with the Saudi Arabian monarchy, who we all know supports terrorism....

Point ?

Deep

[edit on 23-10-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

No clue about Venezuela huh? That at one time was a promising democracy, the elections were fair cuase Carter was there? No even if they were, Venezuela is too chummy with Cuba and Chavez has been told what he must do...he will.

The recall vote was fair. It was verified by third parties and the results matched the pre-vote polls. The polls before the election said 57% were in favor of Chavez, the election results showed 58% voted for him.
Venezuela President Has 57% Support Ahead of Recall, New Poll Says

In regards to their relationship with Castro, who are you to tell them who they can be friends with?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It is not funny that US have a way to bully out smaller isolated countries it has a record of it, now Venezuela one of my father's favorite vacationing spots, since the 70s.

Chavez is a ruler that loves his country he wants what is best for his people, finally he is taking what belong to the nation one of his natural resources and making his people priority, over the big oil cows like US.

Well now they are feeding the American people the propaganda about the "evil" of Chavez and his links to "terrorist" groups well, next we are going to heard about his "secret nuclear" program and his "desire" of making MWDs and "attack" the US.

Tell that to my father he has been visiting that country for 30 years.

Does that sounds familiar?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Come on. People have been pedicticng that Chavez would be tied to terrorists for at least a year. It's not true, of course, but they have the oil, and the attitude.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
They have the oil and are prepared to abandon the dollar. The US govt must have been having kittens when they failed to overturn this DEMOCRATICALLY elected leader.

p.s. I still fail to see what the Munroe doctrine has to do with any of this.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hey I don't even know what the munroe doctring is, can somebody enlighten me on it.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It basically comes down to:

'The United States would not interfere in European wars or internal affairs, and expected Europe to stay out of American affairs.'

So, what Ed was trying to say was: 'Stay out of it, you european. If we choose to spread democracy by overturning legitimate election results that's our business. p.s. could really use some help getting democracy into iraq, can you give us a hand?'

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Thanks for that, and any way it looks that the "force" democracy is alway directed to smaller and under defended countries and with good oil resources.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I've heard of the Munroe Doctrine but dont know the gist of it (my wife probably does but she's having cat nap). Illuminate.

Is it part of the long established US foreign policy of "doing what we like right or wrong".

Now the Marshall plan. There was good policy.

As to this Venezuela thing. If this is true then the US or A certainly is becoming cracked. You better go ahead with the draft in that case because it would become U against the world. Cause you may have nukes...but it'd kinda be like Murder Suicide Dontcha think? Radiation is the only thing Non Political about Nukes....it dont care what your politics are.

But I'm pro American and I'd have to see Americans being THIS stupid before I changed my mind.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
How's this:

www.guardian.co.uk...

or this:

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

I honestly thought it was well known that the US organised the coup.

LL1

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
That fire is statring to make sense now.

<<   2 >>

join