It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jurists call for creation of world judicial system!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Apologies in advance if this has already been posted. had a quick look and couldn't see it anywhere...

These comments come from the 13th International Conference of Chief Justices of the World (5 to 11 December 2012), held at the world's largest school, according to the Beginners Book of Records, in Lucknow India called the City Montessori School.

Some interesting recommendations and calls from Chief Justices around the world, highlighted in the original text, no paraphrasing necessary here.

Jurists call for creation of world judicial system

Jurists from across the world have demanded creation of ‘World Judicial System’ and ‘World Parliament’ to strictly enforce and implement international law. This demand was raised by several judges including Chief Justices of various countries from across the world on Thursday in the Capital.

They will leave for Lucknow on Friday to attend the 13th International Conference on — ‘Enforceable International Law is the only Solution to the World’s Problem’. On Thursday, all jurists reached Rajghat, the Samadhi of Father of Nation Mahatma Gandhi to paid tribute to him.

Emphasising on the need of world judicial system, Chief Justice of Uganda BJ Odoki said that Africa had already formed a union of judges to explore the possibility of enforcement of uniform law. He added similar steps are needed to be taken to constitute a world judicial system and world parliament. “No one is above the law, international law must be strictly enforced and implemented,” he added. Justice Odoki said, “We are doing for our future generation. Otherwise, our children will be asking us what we are leaving for them after fighting with each other in name of terrorism. Through international law we can promote peace and save the resources for the future generation,” he said.

Jurists also called for international law enforceable to each and every nation to fight global warming.

Governor General of Tuvalu, Iakoba T Italeli said concentrated efforts are needed to solve the global problem due to climate change. He said days of imperialism and dictatorship are gone, what we need is a democratic world Government with the representative of all the countries. “It is just now or never,” he added.

Talking about the role judiciary play in bring peace across the world, Justice Ricardo Li Rosi of National court of Civil Appeals, Argentina, said peace is not possible without justice and being incharge of delivering justice, right decision should bring smile on the faces of many innocent.

Dr Jagdish Gandhi, convener of the conference said that top priority is to secure future of children and world must unite as fight among nation will endanger their (children) future. Demanding a world judicial system, he also said world parliament should be formed in which no nation should be given a veto power. “When everyone or nation is equal before the law, why there is need to give anyone a special veto power. Veto power to any nation will create inequalities among the nation, so abolish the inequalities it should be abolished,” he added.

CJs, Judges call for world judicial system

Chief Justices of various countries on Thursday made a strong pitch for a World Parliament and a World Judicial System with representatives from all nations, describing them as “the only way” to solve global problems and ensure equality of all nations.

The chief justices of the world must unite and form a World Judicial System. In Africa, we have already formed a Union of Judges and similar steps need to be taken to constitute World Judicial System and a World Parliament, “Chief Justice of Uganda B J Odoki said here at a press conference on Thursday.

Our country is constantly threatened by tsunamis and storms. The danger of drowning due to rise in water level as a result of global warming and melting of icebergs looms large on our heads. A concerted world effort is needed to deal with these problems. What we need is a democratic world government with representatives of all countries. It is just now or never,” Governor General of Tuvalu Iakoba T Italeli said.

President of Qatar’s Court of Cassation and Supreme Judiciary Council Justice Ahmad Mohd AA Almansouri also said the formation of a World Parliament was the need of the hour. “We, judges, can make things happen. A world Judicial System is the only way to solve global problems and ensure equality of all nations. The Rule of Law must prevail on Earth. This is only possible through an effective World Law,” he noted.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
so it seems to me that there are a bunch of little steps taken over a long period of time towards the nwo. This would be one of them. What is there end game in all this? This is one of the reasons i came to ats, and now i have more questions than before.(face in hand)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
World wide Sanhedrin.
All under the name peace and security.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Sorry couldn't read your thread, short attention span tonight (at least I'm honest)

How bout same job same pay, first, no matter where you are on the globe, then we'll talk about that fickle creature of law.

you know what they say, last in first out.....which incidentally is backwards to how, to rotate your food in your fridge....hmmmm?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It all sounds so good on paper but we all know how it is.

International laws only means centralized lobbying.
When you got money, you fight the law with well payed lawyers and when you got even more money, you pay to get the laws changed.

I believe in the idea of a one world government but we need a serious change of values, a change of leaders, a change of goals and it must be done with total, peaceful, agreement of every country not with bribery or manipulation.

How this would be possible and beneficial with a corrupt money system, that I have no idea.
edit on 11-12-2012 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
In theory, I am all for some limited global law. But in practice, I dont think we are ready yet. There are countless conflicting views, bureaucrats, corrupt officials, authoritarians and dictators who would make a mess out of any such idea. Also, I doubt it is enforceable much.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I have to wonder....
did the USA and the UK attend this conference of chief justices?
What about those guys at The Hague? Isn't there already a "world court" somewhere?

My point is that all the african and pan-pacific countries can talk all they want - unless the big players are with the program it's just a moot point. I thought the USA specifically exempted itself from any "world court" or other such notions, simply because the government doesn't want to be able to be held accountable by anyone for anything.

ganjoa
'
edit on 11-12-2012 by ganjoa because: spellin'

top topics

join