It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: Kerry Suffers 'Election Amnesia'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Personally I love it! Great line! Election Amnesia, that is a great discription of the ol Flipper himself. I mean if he were a car driving down the road he would be pulled over for DUI, as he is just comepletely all over the road, crossing the centerline at every new poll result.

FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) - President Bush said Saturday that Sen. John Kerry must be suffering from "election amnesia" because he has forgotten that he once viewed Saddam Hussein as a threat to America.

After voting to authorize force against the former Iraqi leader, after calling it the right decision when the Bush administration sent troops into Iraq, Kerry now calls the conflict the "wrong war," Bush said.

"Sen. Kerry seems to have forgotten all that as his position has evolved during the course of the campaign," Bush said at the first stop on a hectic day of campaigning in a state critical for both campaigns. "You might call it election amnesia."

apnews.myway.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Are you really posting a new topic on a rehash of the SAME amigulous words, much like "he can run, but he can't hide".

At this point, it's obvious. Please stop the propoganda. You do not need to denegrate other people regardless of who it is. It is not pursuant with the ATS principles or spirit.

Ignorance is the enemy, and posting SLOGONS over and over with a different side dish is getting old. I know there are people like this on the left side, but I am just hoping you can rise ABOVE your enemy and not play his game.

This is what I expect out of anyone around here.

Civility.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well actually I was posting the NEW term or at least new to me,

'Election Amnesia'

that fits the man perfectly. If it has already been said then my bad, but whoever thought that one up did a fine job! Kerry cant remember what he says unless he looks at poll data and to what crowd he is speaking to. Cant you see it? It's brilliant!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Well actually I was posting the NEW term or at least new to me,

'Election Amnesia'

that fits the man perfectly. If it has already been said then my bad, but whoever thought that one up did a fine job! Kerry cant remember what he says unless he looks at poll data and to what crowd he is speaking to. Cant you see it? It's brilliant!

You just keep going, don't you. You seem to be an animatronic Republican, it hears nothing.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
A new post for a new term. Forgive me for rolling my eyes.

You know, all the terms and ads in the world don't make a difference to the fact that he faced John Kerry in 3 live debates and was still unable to "bring it". Sure he struts around like a cowboy but he's all hat and no cattle.

Election Amnesia? That's not even witty. What amnesia? What has he forgotten? Have you seen any Kerry speeches because I for one have been watching them, he goes through a solid plan for National Security, Healthcare and the other key issues.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
animatronic Republican,

Now I like that one!

[edit on 10/23/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
all hat and no cattle.

- Yeah that's Bush to a tee.

Election Amnesia? That's not even witty.

- So they're maintaining their usual 'doesn't quite work anyway' dumb standard then?

Jayzuss thank God this is all over soon.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

A new post for a new term. Forgive me for rolling my eyes.

You know, all the terms and ads in the world don't make a difference to the fact that he faced John Kerry in 3 live debates and was still unable to "bring it". Sure he struts around like a cowboy but he's all hat and no cattle.

Election Amnesia? That's not even witty. What amnesia? What has he forgotten? Have you seen any Kerry speeches because I for one have been watching them, he goes through a solid plan for National Security, Healthcare and the other key issues.

Nerdling, Please don't. I can only work on one person at a time here.

Please don't come in here with more Democratic Election garbage. That is what feeds this thing.

#, if we can't even get it right on ATS, how can anyone fix this country with EITHER PARTY.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
animatronic Republican,

Now I like that one!

So THAT'S how they kept Strom Thurmond alive so long.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Edsinger do you have a mind of your own or somebody else pulls your strings.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
here we go again....

there's no convincing him, your liberal lies will only make his convictions that much stronger. Remember we have to see the "light!"

In the face of solid, unbiased and unpartisan evidence he would not accept truth's that did not conform the image of the Bush administration that the Republican spin doctors have set out.

thank,
drfunk

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Wonder how long he uses this thread to go on a rant about John Kerry sleeping with Jane Fonda in 1952 and giving birth to Satan himself causing a future apocalypse.

The swift boat vets said it, it must be true.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NerdlingWhat amnesia? What has he forgotten? Have you seen any Kerry speeches because I for one have been watching them, he goes through a solid plan for National Security, Healthcare and the other key issues.

Which plan? Is it the same one he has had all along? Solid Plan for national security? Right war or Wrong war? When ? UN approved?

Get real the guy has had so many differing opinions that even he cant track them.

So THAT'S how they kept Strom Thurmond alive so long.

I like this one, funny....ever wonder how he handled all those young women? Damn I wish I have the stuff at that age.

Originally posted by drfunk
In the face of solid, unbiased and unpartisan evidence he would not accept truth's that did not conform the image of the Bush administration that the Republican spin doctors have set out.

Show me some and I might listen? I get no unbiased and unpartisan evidence here that I can see. Well for the most part anyway.

Originally posted by NerdlingThe swift boat vets said it, it must be true.

Well here is a perfect example, you dog the Swiftboats but yet dont agree with what they ask. How can YOU be unbiased? All they want is for him to come clean on his record, sign the 180 form and they would stop. Now if all you leftist liberals should be asking "just what is he hiding?" but you dont. You just talk about Bush's missed physical. It is BIAS on your side also, at least admitt it. You say Bush lied about the war, yet you wont admitt that therefore Kerry lied and many more lied? You will not consider the possibility that the WMD were moved, so dont give me crap for standing up for I deem to be right. I think Bush has done well, not great but well. The last administration has many lost chances at stopping this war but it is all put in Bush's lap and you hammer him for doing what I consider the right thing.

Deny Ignorance?

Well here I am asserting Blind Ignorance from the Left side......deal with it.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Oy.

John has a solid plan for national security, he's even going to increase the size of the military by adding 2 combat ready divisions and double special forces ranks to 50,000.

Iraq war? Heres an analogy for you... You give someone the keys to a car but you're not authorising them to crash it. Got that one?

I'd rather not think about Strom, the very thought makes me heave. I'm sure all his prostitutes and bullied interns were paid well.

Did you ever think that maybe John is entitled to his privacy? Do you tirelessly campaign for Bush to release all of his records? You know they're doing friday night document dumps to disclose that info right? I don't particularly want to know what John Kerry did in Vietnam. It was almost 40 years ago and I trust what he has become.

Bush had no viable exit strategy to get out of Iraq, it's become the worst mess encountered post-WW2. People are DYING every day and that includes American men and women because Bush did NOT plot an exit strategy.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Okay Ed,

It appears that your attitude is not in line with the idea of "Deny Ignorance". I have noticed that in your posts you either crow with victory when ever a new anti-Kerry slogan or news development happens, or you scream and whine like a little child as you did when you complained about 11 christians getting arrested.

It would be better for debate if you would consider checking your attitude at the door so to speak. Your blind loyalty to Mr. Bush and the Republican party is outweighing the idea of eliminating the B.S. that is part of this website. Here's some simple truth for you ... There is no Candidate for any office that is perfect ... there are many candidates that perform their service in order to satisfy their handlers ... there are a huge number of people in the United States and every other country in the world that have AGENDAS. I suggest that before you choose your next candidate - check their agenda.

In regards to the 11 christians getting arrested -- they were arrested because they intruded where they were not wanted nor did they have the required permit, they commited assault, aggravated assault, battery and I would not be surprised if they each get jail time for their actions. Screw them, they were violating the LAW.
-C

[edit on 24-10-2004 by Chuck Stevenson]

[edit on 24-10-2004 by Chuck Stevenson]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
"Sen. Kerry seems to have forgotten all that as his position has evolved during the course of the campaign," Bush said at the first stop on a hectic day of campaigning in a state critical for both campaigns. "You might call it election amnesia."

You might want to call it having a brain and identifying that when new information comes to light you might want to change your position. As in elected official working to represent the people. The people all know the truth...time for Bush to wake up and see the voice of the people.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
It would be better for debate if you would consider checking your attitude at the door so to speak. Your blind loyalty to Mr. Bush and the Republican party is outweighing the idea of eliminating the B.S. that is part of this website. Here's some simple truth for you ... There is no Candidate for any office that is perfect ... there are many candidates that perform their service in order to satisfy their handlers ... there are a huge number of people in the United States and every other country in the world that have AGENDAS. I suggest that before you choose your next candidate - check their agenda.-C

Well since there is not one here supporting the other side I think y'all need to at least be exposed to it. Deny Ignornace works BOTH ways. When I am wrong I admitt it, as I have already done.

If folks would quit spewing ANTIBUSH bull#, I probably would never have been to this part of the forum.

And until the Mods tell me I am breaking the rules, dont read my posts if they make you mad to find out Kerry aint so hot after all.

Since you have not read all my posts I will let you in on something, I have also criticized Bush, but not on the war or Taxes...I think he did the right thing........Deal with it.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
ED

I will try to be fair, so here goe's

1. I actuall watched Kerry on the Senate floor when he authorized the use of force. He pretty much said then what he says now. No flip flop.

2. Can anyone explain why it is wrong to learn from mistakes and then implement those lessons.

3. The only answer that Bush has to the health care issue is the lawsuits. This proves to me that he has no other answers on the issue, or doesn't really care enough about it to initiate a new policy.

4. The last thing in the world to use as a stump speech slogan is "You can run but you cant hide" Sound familiar?

5. Bush has so little imagination that he has been using the same words over and over again. ( For us or against us, Flip-flopper, Most liberal in Senate and my favorite Evil-Doers) Now we will here "Election Amnesia" until the election is over.

6. What about his own election amnesia ? ( No nation building, Compassionate Conservatism. For those suffering from their own amnesia these were from the 2000 election.

7. With all this repetition he is alot like the Energizer Bunny. He just keeps going and going and going.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat
1. I actuall watched Kerry on the Senate floor when he authorized the use of force. He pretty much said then what he says now. No flip flop.

OK, so what would he have done to saddam? So which is it?

The Washington Post: "Mr. Kerry Seemed Unable, Even At This Late Date, To Articulate One Clear Position. 'I Do Believe Saddam Hussein Was A Threat,' He Said, But Only Minutes Later He Criticized The President For Being 'Preoccupied With Iraq, Where There Wasn't A Threat.'"
www.georgewbush.com...

2. Can anyone explain why it is wrong to learn from mistakes and then implement those lessons.

Well to some degree yes, but what caused the change? Ones standing in the polls? Is Dean winning on this? Then I will change my position....

3. The only answer that Bush has to the health care issue is the lawsuits. This proves to me that he has no other answers on the issue, or doesn't really care enough about it to initiate a new policy.

Well it is a start. You tried to get an OBGYN? They are getting hit the hardest.

Lawsuit Abuse Threatens Healthcare
"[W]e should be serving the interests of the patients, not the self-interest of trial lawyers�.Frivolous lawsuits drive up insurance premiums for everybody and discourage employers from offering employee coverage at all. It is really important to remember that we want to help doctors to heal, not encourage lawyers to sue."

� President George W. Bush, Agenda For Improving Health Care Security, February 11, 2002
www.cala.com...

4. The last thing in the world to use as a stump speech slogan is "You can run but you cant hide" Sound familiar?

Well I like it, he IS hiding from his record, at least the ones that ARE public, he wont sign a 180 so we just dont know the whole truth.

5. Bush has so little imagination that he has been using the same words over and over again. ( For us or against us, Flip-flopper, Most liberal in Senate and my favorite Evil-Doers) Now we will here "Election Amnesia" until the election is over.

Good, when the label is truthful and it sticks, so much the better.

6. What about his own election amnesia ? ( No nation building, Compassionate Conservatism. For those suffering from their own amnesia these were from the 2000 election.

No nation building?
Good one and your are 100% right..............at least before 911 you would be.

Compassionate Conservatism?
Well he is spending to much monies on social programs, way to much.

7. With all this repetition he is alot like the Energizer Bunny. He just keeps going and going and going.

Well when the truth is spoken.....repeat it so people dont forget it.

new topics

top topics

join