It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holland Michigan Radar-Visual UFO Case.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Here's a good vid sourced by Zcustosmorum and as well as the recordings of the police and NWS radar station there's also police UFO reports from town residents found at the beginning.

On the evening of March 8, 1994, residents of Southwest Michigan began seeing strange things in the skies over Lake Michigan to the south of Holland. Blue, white, red, and green lights, sometimes attached to cylindrical objects, and sometimes performing unusual maneuvers, were reported.

911 operators began receiving calls at around 9:30 p.m. about something that looked like "a string of Christmas lights way up in the sky." It wasn't just a few people reporting these things; it was counties all up and down Lake Michigan. Some sources said 300 witnesses, including several police officers, saw the lights.

There were so many reports that one of the Ottawa County 911 operators decided to call the National Weather Service radar operator at Muskegon. The conversations that 911 had with the NWS operator were entirely recorded and presented here.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12
The YouTube link above is a good one. I reached it trying to figure out where the sound bite to the music group Apoptygma Berzerk's song Eclipse came from (song here: www.youtube.com... starting at 4:30 ). From the link in the previous post, there are a lot of very interesting cross-references of similar calls.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metatronin
I live in holland, and this stuff never stopped. You can see crazy stuff on almost any night if you stay out and watch long enough. Stuff goes into and out of the lake all the time. No one reports it anymore because its normal.

I had a ufo sighting from a plane halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee, just across from the area of these sightings. It occurred in December of 1990 and was called to my attention by my three-and-a-half-year-old daughter sitting next to me in the window seat over the starboard wing. It was an enormous and extremely brilliant white light encased behind a visibly thick squared glass-like frame and appeared to be located just off the tip of the wing. I was reading to Annie when she first saw it, jostling my arm and pointing out the window. It seemed to stand still as we passed it. From my perspective it nearly filled the cabin window. I reported it to Michigan MUFON some years later and was told by the person emailing me back from there that he'd recently received a nearly identical report from Lake Erie. Lake Michigan is very deep in its southern end (also up toward its northern end where the Kinross event took place). From what I've read over the years ufo sightings are especially frequent in the southern end, as you indicate. I wonder if the objects headed to Chicago from the Holland area were reported there as well.
edit on 26-3-2016 by Constance because: edited to fill in missing words

edit on 26-3-2016 by Constance because: still missing words

edit on 26-3-2016 by Constance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Constance

The word window is still missing in the above post, where the dashes appear.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluestreak53
reply to post by karl 12

Absolutely stunning case. Superb radar data, clearly suggesting many objects travelling at vertical speeds beyond current earth-based technology (or what is known to exist). And corroborated by multiple ground witnesses.

I wish there were more like this.

I've heard within the last year that there is a researcher currently assembling a catalogue of radar-visual sightings, so we might have access to more cases like this in the future.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
We've seen vids from our space shuttles and stations which show lots of UFO's arriving to, and departing from Earth. We're obviously a popular destination. That's why I'm not surprised when I read "local" reports like the ones that are the subject of many ATS threads. Also, radar and airplane confirmation seem to merely be documentation that supports the UFO's that our in-space videos show.

Of greater interest to me is their method(s) of propulsion, and how many different species are visiting. Some seem to be more advanced than others... but all are (by definition) more technically advanced than humans.

I grew up on the southern end of Lake Michigan, 30 miles south of Holland, Mi. UFO reports were very common. But, planes in and out of the Chicago airports were very common too. The ones flying from Ohare to Detroit never flew very high..and appeared bright white lights, as they passed over Lake Michigan. Visitors to town always thought they were "flying saucers" until the locals explained what was being seen.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
25th anniversary.

"The more I looked at it I’m seeing four lights and they are like the size of the full moon,” said Cindy Pravda 25 years after strange lights lit up the horse pasture behind her Grand Haven home.

25 years later, one of Michigan's most famous UFO events remains a mystery

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Recent vid.

edit on 4-7-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Meteorologist for the National Weather Service Jack Bushong goes into some quite remarkable detail about the object(s) captured on radar on March 8th 1994.

See 4:40

edit on 26-5-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Wow. Not far from where I live. There seems to be some time anomaly going on also with the car stopping and restarting and officer's time lag. Great case.

edit on 26-5-2021 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

Lots of info taken down about this case mate but there's a new mainstream report below featuring an interview with one of the eyewitnesses:

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Resurgence of interest in the case due to new Netflix documentary (news clippings in article).

The Enduring Mystery Of The 1994 Lake Michigan UFO Incident

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Anniversary:

On This Day In 1994, The Unthinkable Happened In Michigan

Everyone loves a good unsolved mystery and there is one that has plagued the Great Lake State area for nearly thirty years. In 1994, a UFO was sighted in West Michigan; an event that baffles Michiganders, scientists, and meteorologists to this day.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Interesting. Is it not also the anniversary of the Phoenix Lights?

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 04:30 AM
link   
CSICOP debunker Philip Klass - see 5:30.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join