It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dexter Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by bkaust
reply to post by Ben81

You know the show is originally based on books about a character called Dexter, not this prisoner?

en.wikipedia.org...(writer)

well it was in my local french news
and they said that he was the guy the producers were inspired by

the cnn link dont even mention that
i could be wrong or they missed that detail

In the opening credits they state that the dexter character is based on the book "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" by Jeff Lindsay.

Here is a screen cap from the DVD opening credits.

Scroll the picture to the right side to see the credit.

edit on 12-12-2012 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Yup "Darkly dreaming Dexter", i have the Audio Book version, i used to play it while falling asleep.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Absolutely love this show since its been on.. As others have said, it gets a little frustrating in the latter seasons but honestly I'm no less addicted nor entertained. This is the 2nd to last season and I'm extremely anxious to see how they wrap it up.

!!!!!!! SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!!

The previews for next weeks show have me going nuts! Doakes!? Dexter being arrested?! Oh man... I downloaded all the books because I need my fix. Going to cruise through them once the season is over with.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

maybe the book itself has been inspired by Manuel Pardo

then it inspired the tv show

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I think she did it.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
*****SPOILER*****

The last episode of season 7 is coming up.

For those who may not know, there is going to be a season 8, but it is the final season. Basically the theme of season 7 and 8 is an overall arc of ending the Dexter series.
And now he is getting caught by Laguerta.

My theory is that he will pin the whole thing on Debra to get away. But we won't know for another year.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
SPOILER ALERT !!! last episode of season 7

anyone saw it ?
where Debra shoot her Captain for her brother
it finish like that and they both go to Angel's party
for the new yrs eve

last word of Dexter where he speak to himself
asking himself if this is the beginning of the end
then you see a firework show in the sky

the 21 december 2012 is also describe to be the beginning of the end
are the producer trying to tell us something ?
because that was one big coincidence that season 7 finish like that

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I just watched the final episode of this season and OMG

I knew there was another season or two but I guess there is just one. So the final season will definitely be a good one, or so I hope. ESP with how season 7 ends!

Debra SHOT LaGuerta! OMG
WTH was she thinking!!! She just screwed her career and life up and all for Dexter!

I always knew LaGuerta would get knocked off, she pissed off too many people but i didn't think it would be by Debra!! I mean her response after she shot her was crazy! She knew it was wrong but she did it anyway. This will make for a good finale season!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by Ben81

I just watched the final episode of this season and OMG

I knew there was another season or two but I guess there is just one. So the final season will definitely be a good one, or so I hope. ESP with how season 7 ends!

Debra SHOT LaGuerta! OMG
WTH was she thinking!!! She just screwed her career and life up and all for Dexter!

I always knew LaGuerta would get knocked off, she pissed off too many people but i didn't think it would be by Debra!! I mean her response after she shot her was crazy! She knew it was wrong but she did it anyway. This will make for a good finale season!

i really though she would shoot Dexter at one point
was really OMG when she shot Leguerta .. i hate her yes because she is annoying lol
but didnt though that something would happens to her

i made a big facepalm when Laguerta caught Debra with a big lie
showing her the gas station video after she said she wasnt around the church lol

Dexter and Debra are getting out of control now

thats why --> Florida executes "Dexter"

now we know how season 8 finish

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Bump for the new stuff!

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Spoiler Discussion: Anyone think the "Brain Surgeon" is actually the Psychologist?
just my guess...

I think she is the one who is going to "kill" Dexter. or rather.... and scene with her stabbing and.. black screen.. then after end credits....Boats motor revving.

The End.
edit on 7/22/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Nah. We've pretty much seen the guy.

To the OP:

i wonder if someone had such a trauma experience seeing their parent killed when they are young
could they develop the "Dexter syndrome" ?

Not really. They'd have to be a psychopath already, also, which may be more of a physical defect than mental. That right/wrong center of the brain, compassion, etc. just isn't firing right.

That's what makes Dexter interesting. He's a contradiction. Just wait until you get into the whole "Trinity" storyline. You have a lot of cool seasons to go through.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Are you aware that Dave C. Hall (Dexter) also played a gay man in the five seasons of 'Six feet Under'? I kept saying to myself, 'That's not him. It's him! No. Yeah!"

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Yeah I seen that! When the series first started, I was like there is no way he can play a bad/good guy. I was wrong! He is awesome. I think also that the BS is that guy as well, but it would be cool if it was a twist and deb was..lol. As far fetched as that seams!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Nah. We've pretty much seen the guy.

Spoiler:

But i thought that guy was coerced into killing another victim by the actual brain surgeon, all you see is a hand and a gun.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

The guy that was hung at the killing cabin, was the guy who was coerced, I believe. Unless there are three involved.

The smirk Dexter gives right at the end of the opening credits of the show....I'll wager that's what got him hired. That'd do it for me, if I was casting. He looks downright secretive and evil with that gesture.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Starting to get interesting huh? Its getting thick.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

Well, I mean it is building up to the end....so quite a ride so far....

Question is, how is this case ever going to get wrapped up? The killer is (to the Police) still at large....

edit on 1-8-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

Question is, how is this case ever going to get wrapped up? The killer is (to the Police) still at large....

edit on 1-8-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

My guess is that it all gets pinned on Dr. Vogel; and rightfully so. I believe she is the true "brain surgeon". She is feeling guilty for her crimes but can't stop, she initiated a relationship with Dexter because she knows she needs to die and she knows that Dexter is the one to do the job; after all, she created him. In a surprising turn of events, Dexter chooses to help the police capture her, rather than give her the death she desires; leaving Dexter vulnerable to Vogel revealing the true identity of the "Bay Harbor Butcher"....alas, there is a code amongst serial killers and/or "family" that Vogel must respect and, as such, Dexter remains free to feed the fish; one dismembered corpse at a time.
edit on 1-8-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
God damned mother #*&$#((*$## Bright House! They are currently fighting with Showtime, so now I can't watch my Dexter, despite the reason it's the ONLY reason I even added Showtime in the first damn place!

Oh, this is not going to go over at all well....oh no....

*starts blowin' up the phones....*

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join