It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mufon report: Blue star orbiting the sun?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
Tip:

You can buy sunglasses at dollar tree

Umm I'm currently in Algeria, no dollar tree here, lol, but will try taking pics and see.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CottonwoodStormy

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
Tip:

You can buy sunglasses at dollar tree

Umm I'm currently in Algeria, no dollar tree here, lol, but will try taking pics and see.

The guy was taking pictures of the sun. There is no blue star.

If there was, astronomers would be rattling everybody's cage with it.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Am I missing something I just see the sun behind some clouds.
I have seen the sun go like this many times.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
look, if there was something, some other blue sun, planet or spaceship... any proof of this, somebody would try to make money out of this, some scientists, media or other money driven evil, but there is nothing, just some guy who has too little knowledge of anything and scares himself and others. don't panic !!!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

None of what you mention is actually out of the ordinary nor a symptom one would expect of a stellar mass object in such close proximity to our planet and sun.

actually it looks like the true size of the sun minus the glare from the light. what you're seeing is the sun, not a lens flare or anything else in my opinion. the sun as seen without the powerful glare of light we normally associate with the sun due to the clouds covering up most of the glare and the true size of the sun showing through. just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
agreed if there was something there ..we'd all know about it

its not something you could hide,no matter how far you've fell through the rabbit hole

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for the posts, I guess I am panicking a little, I don't know about all of you, but I guess with all the hype surrounding December, this year, I'm a little freaked out! I honestly do hope there is nothing, and I guess after watching that movie Melancholy, I worry we are not being told about something and then given a few days warning of something cataclysmic heading our way, and in the meantime its been apparent in our skies and we don't want to acknowledge it? I just want to deny ignorance and keep a watchful eye on all things.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
It does not look very blue to me mate. LoL. If any object with anykind of mass similar to that of a star was orbiting Sol then all the inner planets would be tearing themselves apart due to the gravitational forces being exerted on them. So no blue or any other coloured star im afraid!
edit on 10-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Thanks everyone for the posts, I guess I am panicking a little, I don't know about all of you, but I guess with all the hype surrounding December, this year, I'm a little freaked out! I honestly do hope there is nothing, and I guess after watching that movie Melancholy, I worry we are not being told about something and then given a few days warning of something cataclysmic heading our way, and in the meantime its been apparent in our skies and we don't want to acknowledge it? I just want to deny ignorance and keep a watchful eye on all things.

well you're correct in thinking the gov wouldn't tell us anything, but in this case it's just someone capturing something they didn't understand that's all. don't live in fear for anything, not even of the mess of a government you may have. if you choose to live in fear then you have given your life away. if something out of the ordinary should occur, then just know you were vigilant and feel good about that.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Forget denying ignorance forget all you have been reading concerning the now.

Switch it all off for a couple of weeks and enjoy the now that you are being worried about, its all just an experience, make of it what you will.

Spend more time outdoors with your pets/family,

Decide to look after yourself a little better

Eat when your hungry, rest when your tired, laugh when your happy and always, don't forget to breathe.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Indeed, I think you may have quoted the wrong person though as I am also of the inclination this is nothing more than another lens glare pic.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

Forget denying ignorance forget all you have been reading concerning the now.

Switch it all off for a couple of weeks and enjoy the now that you are being worried about, its all just an experience, make of it what you will.

Spend more time outdoors with your pets/family,

Decide to look after yourself a little better

Eat when your hungry, rest when your tired, laugh when your happy and always, don't forget to breathe.

Awww, thanks again everyone, your absolutely correct, I will let go of my fear, nothing we can do anyway except enjoy each and every moment, I am living in the mountains of Algeria overlooking the Mediteranean Sea, I think I should get out and just go for a walk and enjoy the breathtaking views!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Indeed, I think you may have quoted the wrong person though as I am also of the inclination this is nothing more than another lens glare pic.

it seems so, sorry about that, although i don't think it's a lens flare but more so it's the actual sun as seen through the clouds.

best thing you can do is live your life and enjoy it, keep things you learn close but don't let them run your life.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Yup seen this many times before. Light intensity is high shining off the clouds. Can usually see the Sun just beside the intense glare depending on the context of the cloud. One time for a brief moment I thought it was the moon next to the sun because of this very effect.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Indeed you should -

I am jealous being stuck in the UK with the coldest Winter on record due to arrive.... Git...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Indeed you should -

I am jealous being stuck in the UK with the coldest Winter on record due to arrive.... Git...

Indeed, I did!!! I just got back, had some homemade cous cous, took some photos of the sun, and sure enough nothing unusual in pics.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I like this one, but wonder why they say blue none of the shots show a "blue" object.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I would be much more impressed if the people taking these "second sun" pictures had a good high quality telescope with the proper filters for solar observation, or knew someone who did, and did a follow up on a clear cloudless day. Then I would be a little more inclined to think they were on to something. As it is they are more likely to be "on something" than "on to something".

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
I would be much more impressed if the people taking these "second sun" pictures had a good high quality telescope with the proper filters for solar observation, or knew someone who did...

One of the biggest astronomical forums is cloudynights, and this link is specifically to that section of the forum discussing Solar observing.
And no, not a single one of those astronomers who have an interest in the sun has mentioned seeing an extra one in the sky.
None.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
When will people ever learn that you cannot take pictures of the sun without a decent sun filter? Well, that is you can, but then all sorts of artifacts will show up, like multiple reflections inside the lens, artifacts from the bright sun reflecting back into the lens from the CCD, and then being reflected back onto the CCD, artifacts caused by any dust on the lens, overloading of the CCD, etc, etc, etc

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join