It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greko Roman Christian conspiracy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aesir26

Constantine was a spy like PAUL ,Constantine with his fake CHI-RHO, symbol of skull and bones-death

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I agree with you.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by begoodbees

THEY ARTE HIDING THE DOCTRINES, WHO KNOWS IF WORLD ORDER GOES DOWN, maybe the dead sea scrolls come out with new teachings. What is important the VATICAN must go down as they are going against JESUS, WHICH IS EVIL. But i know Jesus is true because THE LEADERS OF THIS WORLD HATE HIM

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

They sacifice JEUSUS AS AN ANIMAL EVERY MASS, FOR SIN OFFERINGS like in the old testamnet and the passover, SO SICK, nothing to do with Jesus

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by charles1952

This can become a pretty heated thread as it stands. Yes, I know the OP made that statement, but it is hardly important to his point and was only used as a descriptive analogy. Whether it's true or false isn't crucial to his case. Besides, if this becomes a threaad on Islam, we shall never extricate ourselves. My suggestion? Let this go and concentrate on the rest of your post:

Fair enough. I'm not trying to derail this thread, but I just had to address that statement about Islam "perverting" the Hebrew faith.

That's interesting. Did Paul play a part in the Gospels, or were those pretty much "Roman free?" Was Christianity, at one point, uncorrupted?

The problem with Paul is that his own ideas became a part of Christianity.

My problem with Saul aka (Paul) is he changed his name and roamed around (shady right there) then quotes Jesus's words 80 something years BEFORE Saul was born! Now how does one do that back then???? How can you quote someone when your not even there to witness the speech???

You got a jew that's a nomad, going by an alias, quoting people almost a century before himself was born, & this is truth???

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thepupils

Actually Paul lived during the time of Jesus, he was one of the persecutors when Jesus was crucified.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepupils
My problem with Saul aka (Paul) is he changed his name and roamed around (shady right there) then quotes Jesus's words 80 something years BEFORE Saul was born! Now how does one do that back then???? How can you quote someone when your not even there to witness the speech???

Where are you coming up with your dates? Jesus died in his mid 30s around 33AD and Paul died in his mid 60s around 65AD -- they were contemporaries. There's no evidence to say that Paul saw or heard Jesus prior to his crucifixion, but there's also no evidence to say that he didn't, and if Paul was a religious leader in Jerusalem, it's not unlikely that he did.

You got a jew that's a nomad, going by an alias, quoting people almost a century before himself was born, & this is truth???

Paul was a traveling Rabbi, just like Jesus was, and a missionary, just like the Apostles were.

Lots of people in the Bible had Jewish and Greek names (like Simon/Peter.)

We've already covered your errors in dates, so what's your point?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by thepupils

Actually Paul lived during the time of Jesus, he was one of the persecutors when Jesus was crucified.

While that's possible, there's no evidence of it -- Saul doesn't show up until the stoning of Steven in The Acts of the Apostles, which did happen some time after Christ's crucifixion.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Zeitgiest? oh no not again..

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I always find it funny when Christians carry on about pagan conspiracies with in their flock. Lets say you remove this Greco roman influence, You are still stuck with paganism either way.
You still have the Sumerian,. Egyptian, Semitic, etc,etc polytheist stuff your faith is based on. Heck Yahweh was merely a minor storm god prior to the Semitic peoples going monotheist , Noah came from the Sumerian tales ,the flood came from Sumerian tales, Jesus was largely based on Osiris and possibly Mithra as well. It goes on and on and on.

You have to accept that your faith is simply a bunch of different pagan beliefs and tales thrown into a blender, You can not remove paganism from Christianity as the entire faith depends upon it! You take it out you are left with nothing.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by paganini

Jesus was largely based on Osiris and possibly Mithra as well

Oh yeah? Prove it.

You do know that all of the documents about Mithra that show parallels to Christ are dated after Christianity became a dominant religion, right?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

You might be right. I don't think he persecuted during Jesus' ministries because he was with Jesus during them.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by begoodbees
I wish I could find some translated hieroglyphs or something of that nature to point me in the right direction.

You apparently didn't look too hard in those sources that I gave you:

Number six is what you were looking for: LEGEND OF THE BIRTH OF HORUS, SON OF ISIS AND OSIRIS

Although interesting I found nothing relevant in that text. Nothing to prove or disprove anything that has been asserted by anyone.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

reply to post by adjensen

Jesus never truly died, he just went to Hades to spread the gospel there, right? How could Jesus ever die anyways? Don't you believe he is eternal?

That is a common Christian assertion that has no founding in the bible to my knowledge. Also hades is from greek mythology. There is no mention of hell or hades in the OT, only gehenna which means something else all together and is often mistranslated.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I think we are splitting hares now with death of the body vs spirit thing. I don't think anyone is saying that Jesus spirit died just his flesh body that was without life for 3 days according to the story.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave13
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Skorpion,

ISLAM IS ANOTHER TOPIC, , but its all connected, divide and control. You know that only one person was the stone, no one else, so you know who the stone represents in the KAABA that they KISS??

This is all I will say about Islam as it is off topic. They do seem to adhere to most of the law except 2 commandments. You shall not commit murder and you shall not bear false witness. The Koran clearly states that all non believers must be killed and it is OK to lie in promotion of Islam. Also I do not know of any OT prophets that had wives and children. Please correct me if I am wrong but I will not respond. Thank You.
edit on 10-12-2012 by begoodbees because: typo

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I wish I could find some translated hieroglyphs or something of that nature to point me in the right direction.

You apparently didn't look too hard in those sources that I gave you:

Number six is what you were looking for: LEGEND OF THE BIRTH OF HORUS, SON OF ISIS AND OSIRIS

Although interesting I found nothing relevant in that text. Nothing to prove or disprove anything that has been asserted by anyone.

It's right there in the title -- Horus, son of Isis and Osiris, who were husband and wife, neither being a virgin.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

The word Easter is in relation to the pagan goddess ishtar. This is factual.

Do you think that the Bible was written in English?

Who cares what the word might be connected to in English, as it was referred to as Paschal in the original Greek and still is referred to that in the Catholic and Orthodox churches.

I believe you are missing the point. Easter and passover are not interchangeable. The word easter is not in the bible rather over time they have been made interchangeable by Christians.

www.datejesus.com...

"The name Easter comes from an ancient European goddess of the dawn called Eostre by the Anglo-Saxons and Ostara by the Germanic peoples. She is also known as Eostra, Eostrae, Eostar, Eastre, Easter, Estre, Eástre, and Austra by various European peoples. Her name means "movement towards the rising sun" and is related to the Indo-European root word Aus which means "to shine". The English words estrus and estrogen are also derived from her name. She was considered the goddess of the growing light and spring, associated with fertility and celebrated with a festival of rebirth. One story has her entertaining children by performing a trick that changed her pet bird into a rabbit. This rabbit then laid colored eggs that she gave to the children. Given the history of these ideas which date back to at least 2000 years before the Christian era, it should be no surprise that the original symbols and practices of Easter persist today, just as our ancestors once celebrated them."
edit on 10-12-2012 by begoodbees because: added link

Actually the English and German words for Easter and Passover have common roots...

Easter is from the old Anglo-Saxon 'Ester'...
...the German cognate of 'Ester' is 'Ostern'.

'Ostern' is derived from the old Teutonic form of auferstehen/auferstehung...
...which means 'resurrection'.

So the English etymology of Easter is traced to the German word for 'resurrection'.

It is more likely that the word Easter was associated with resurrection in Germany by Christians just as it has been in all of the Anglo Saxon world. The info I gave predates yours by thousands of years.

Google ishtar for more info if you like. I and many before me have already established that easter is a pagan holiday going back way before the NT. There is really no debate to be had hear.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

reply to post by troubleshooter

Passover is a celebration of the Jews escape from Egypt mentioned in Exodus. Passover has nothing to do with Jesus' resurrection.

The first Christians thought so though... " For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:" 1 Cor 5:7

This is just another example of the law being supplanted by Christ which is in direct defiance of the law of Moses. God says do and Paul says don't.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

reply to post by troubleshooter

Passover is a celebration of the Jews escape from Egypt mentioned in Exodus. Passover has nothing to do with Jesus' resurrection.

Did you miss the fact that Jesus and the Apostles were in Jerusalem to celebrate the Passover, and that the prisoners on the crosses were killed early and buried hastily to avoid having to do so on the Passover Sabbath? Or that the women went to the tomb as soon as the Passover Sabbath was ended?

If Christianity is as I suppose than relating the resurrection to the passover would be key in convincing people to stop following Gods command to observe the passover and instead observe a pagan fertility festival as we now do. Bunnies and eggs are associated with fertility and ishtar the pagan god of fertility. Have you ever heard the expression "doing it like rabbits"? Rabbits have a high rate of procreation, hence the association.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join