It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stone Map of the World

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Hmmm...

Interesting that it rests where the Bermuda Triangle is. Cue the Twilight Zone music.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Im glad to see this is instigating some excitement. I like the idea that because the rock shape itself is actually crude compared to what youd expect to find of an 'advanced civilization', it may be a copy of an older map drawn by a remnant population.

Theories abound and, while I don't claim to know one way or the other, there sure are a ton of great ideas popping up on the thread.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fimbulvetr
Agreed.

Then I had the thought.. well, it COULD be a hoax. Then I thought, who would bury a hoax in a tunnel in Ecuador?

Then I thought, aha.. the team who found it because they WANTED to find some awesome ooparts.

Then I thought.. good lord, man. You sound like you're creating a conspiracy all your own about the discoverers.

So, either way I slice it.. Im stuck with a conspiracy.

a.) The people that 'found' it are lying and trying to cause a stir.
b.) It's real and is being left in the background of archaeology to keep us all in the dark about our true origins.

I just can't win either way!

edit on 10-12-2012 by Fimbulvetr because: (no reason given)
you know the price and effords to rewrite oure history....and impact of oure beeing.....

just let it be.......
edit on 10-12-2012 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnWhiteMars
reply to post by Fimbulvetr

You should all look up Klaus Dona's presentations of old artifacts. I guarantee you will be amazed! Good thread! Here is a treat for you!

He has information about this world stone map too.

edit on 10-12-2012 by OnWhiteMars because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2012 by OnWhiteMars because: (no reason given)

One of the best presentations on this subject. Klaus Dona's is one of the best! The only thing is the giant footprint in Africa ( the one that's on the vertical rock) has been proven a hoax. He claims its real. There's threads on it on ATS. Well you can't win em all...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Sorry to spam this thread with these vids but here are some quality pictures of the stone map. Begin at 5:40.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This is a very interesting thread Ive never heard about this stone map before for some reason..This seems almost too amazing to be true..If it is a hoax it is one that took a lot of time and energy, and to what purpose? S&F peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Just wondering. If one had a knowledge about the geographic in that time, would n't he be able to do better and more accurate curves on a stone.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I love seeing old maps & how things looked & have changed over time,it's an interesting find if it's indeed real,part of me says hoax part of me say real,not sure what i'm going with.

like some of you have said it could be a crude drawing done by a child or something copying another map.

Always good to see threads like this come up

S+F

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Fadi15

I've thought of this many times myself. But considering that this stone map could be just a copy of old accurate maps while the carver wasn't from that particular civilization. But then again, you would have to be quite sharp to project the world map on a stone that has a natural quartz line running through it...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I don't know about the rest of the map but the North and South American continents stood out instantaneously. Surprising

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The thing is a fake.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
The thing is a fake.

And you know this for a fact through all of your infinite wisdom, please share what you know, since it seems you must be a know it all, correct?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Awesome find

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

P.T. said it best, there's one born every minute. There's no science behind this rock.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Great Thread OP!

The video's were great as well, i always
love show's that are interesting such as
those.

My only question with the theorie of "Advanced"
old civilizations is....

If they were advanced enough to do surgery, brain,
and chest, and other great feat's that we did not
figure out until the past few hundred years...

Why could they not have carved better figures?

Why is the pottery and figurines so crude like a child
did them, yet, they represent doing feat's of very
highly trained skill's...
such as the one where the one figure was operating
on the other on the table...

The idea of Giants really is a no brainer for me..
all animals were bigger at one time, it only seems
reasonable that if humans were present they would of
been larger in size as well.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
The thing is a fake.

i agree with you. It looks recent but who knows. As for sugarcookies why? Why did my "friend" dump crushed pinapple in the roof of a bmw whe in 1994

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fadi15
Just wondering. If one had a knowledge about the geographic in that time, would n't he be able to do better and more accurate curves on a stone.
That is a good question.

I have a question too.

If the person that created this 'map' had a knowledge of the positions of .the continents on the globe....

Why didn't they use a spherical stone?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

That question has been raised already.. and the only THEORETICAL answer that has been tossed out is that perhaps this is a copy of an older map done by a LESS advanced civilization, and thus the use of an oblong (and very hard) stone/boulder, rather than shaping it with precision into a sphere.

On that note, Mars has already pointed out that there may have been some sort of advanced ideology behind it, as the inherent quartz line SEEMS to fit along the - again theoretical - ancient seeded line of civilizations across the globe, i.e. Peru, Mexico, China, India, Middle East, Egypt.

Nothing is proven for EITHER side of the argument, this is strictly a speculative thread on what it COULD be. If you want to call it fake, please present evidence to back that claim. If you'd like to think it 'real' and follow the THEORY I present in the OP, then by all means add some insight! There have been some amazing ideas and comments made already in this post.

Thanks guys, for thinking it's as interesting as I do (even theoretically speaking!)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I saw a potato chip that looked just like Elvis once. I suppose it was the same artist

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
nvmd
edit on 10-12-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join