It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[2013]***Breaking News***

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Thank you for the kind words. I take it as a compliment as I think that your stories are as disturbing as mine, if not more...

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

Could be but let's just hope it never gets to that.

Thanks for your reply !

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Yeah, the 80's...

When I was a kid in school, in one of Montreal's suburbs, one of the teachers told us this: When you get home, go to the kitchen, pick up a spoon and hold it 12" from the bottom of the sink. Now imagine, that if a nuclear bomb was to detonate in Montreal and you'd let the spoon go as soon as you'd see the flash, you would be dead before the spoon touched the bottom.

That is a long time ago and I don't remember who this teacher was but it scared the heck out of me.

And to think that nuclear warheads were firecrackers back then compared to what we have now...well...

Thank you for your reply !

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by abeverage

Yeah, the 80's...

When I was a kid in school, in one of Montreal's suburbs, one of the teachers told us this: When you get home, go to the kitchen, pick up a spoon and hold it 12" from the bottom of the sink. Now imagine, that if a nuclear bomb was to detonate in Montreal and you'd let the spoon go as soon as you'd see the flash, you would be dead before the spoon touched the bottom.

That is a long time ago and I don't remember who this teacher was but it scared the heck out of me.

And to think that nuclear warheads were firecrackers back then compared to what we have now...well...

Thank you for your reply !

My Uncle would tell me he always wanted time for a quick "OH SH*%!" and then vapor. And being the science nut I was once calculated in a Moore's law sort of way of what the mega ton yield would be today. Pretty much I would think it would be a planet ender...

So I think at some point they went backwards to lower yield, lower residual radiation. Smaller more effective weapons to knock out people but keep the infrastructure. Shock and awe but too much death becomes pointless and accomplishes nothing.
edit on 10-12-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join