It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10 Commandments are Unnecessary, Irrelevant and Immoral

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Whoknows100,

Can you answer my questions from my previous post or are you going to go on quoting from the sources you deem reliable?

I would love to elaborate if you feel so inclined.

Let's see if I can just pull one out of the hat here...

Ecclesiates..No..Numbers.. No..How about Mark...No..Ruth..Yes Ruth!!!....ummmmm...15: duhhhh ...16 ..

!. Who was there?
2. Who saw that?
3. Who wrote it down?

Your turn......go

oxi

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

A lot of the aspects leaked in..but you know how human beings are... We take things and make them our own. But the basic pantheon is still there. Resurrections, being judged after death, all types of interesting carry overs.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Oxidadoblancoquepasa

Apologies, I live in the UK and whilst you are all awake I'm sleeping. I'm not sure which post you are referring to - perhaps the one on the prior page asking how anyone can know? If yes, my answer is simple. Just as Jesus healed the blind to see and the deaf to hear, he does the very same today. I can tell you who wrote scripture - the Holy Spirit through the hands of men. Is it impossible in your state of unbelief to know this for sure? Yes. Is it possible for you to know this in a state of belief? Absolutely. I'm humbled tremendously to have been in both camps, and to realise how often I denied my Creator and His words to those He is saving. Those words show a believer what happened and why. I look out into the world now and see it all over again, men desperately wanting to live in the stars, become godlike, search for immortality and to define their OWN good and evil. I see them deny the consequences and thus buy into the "relative truth" argument because it justifies whatever it is they want to do. NAMBLA for instance justifies man-boy sex as beneficial to the child's development as the most loving thing that they could do for these children. Multiply this rationization across every sort of perversion and desire, and you have the classic result of subscribing to moral relativism. Real life is in scripture, told through parables to those who learn to love the truth. Jesus told all of us why He spoke in parables, and the reason is just as valid today.

Anyways, please clarify your question.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
If I were to reinterpret the 10 commandments in modern times, it would be like this:

1. Do not worship any other Gods.

The only god is "I am" - "The Ultimate Reality", which means that God is existence, which means that God is omnipresent).

2. Do not make carved images of anything in heaven, earth, or the water to worship - Do not worship idols.

Humans have the tendency to make the unknown into gods to worship. In ancient times "Death" was a god that people would worship and they thought that hopefully "Death" would have mercy and spare them to live a little while longer. By creating gods, or focusing gods that are supposed to be "beings" in some "realm" - you miss the essence of the true God that "IS" - the omnipresent one.

3. The not take the name of The Lord in vain.

God is "I am" - "am" - "to be" is the essence. Always defining yourself as a "thing" in the mind - "I am this... I am that..." you forget the core of all existence "to be" - "The I am"

4. Remember The Sabbath Day - to keep it holy.

The word "Sabbath" comes from a Hebrew root meaning "to rest from labor". This was advice given to humans to remind them that they are human "beings" and not human "doings". So many people live their lives in a rush today always trying to "do" something instead of just "resting/being".

5. Honor your father and mother.

Appreciate the source of your physical body that you now experience in this physical existence.

6. Do not murder.

Do not set out to kill another, instead, stay in "I am" presence - in the sense of silence and calmness where action arises from the source.

7. Do not commit adultery.

Lust is short-lived. A temporary satisfaction. A goose chase to the fulfillment of another desire.

8. Do not steal.

Instead of action arising from lack. Allow action to arise from "I am" presence - neutral calmness.

9. Do not lie.

Instead embrace what is (truth/reality). Embrace the "I Am" that is all existence - the omnipresent one.

10. Do not covet.

Instead, allow your intentions to arise from "I Am" presence - neutral stillness. The intentions from the source do not leave a feeling of "longing/lack" instead - focusing on presence - intentions are current and are are easily achieved.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Please don't apologize for living in the UK. Some of us would love to move there and see life from a different perspective.

However, there is no way that I can "clarify" my question any more.

I have asked this same question a hundred times on this board and I still have no takers that want to rationally investigate it.
C'mon Whoknows100, take a stap at this and let's enlighten some folks.

Open your bible, start with the first verse and just answer these 3 simple questions.

1. Who was there?
2. Who saw it?
3. Who wrote it down?

Go to the next verse and do the same thing.
I went all the way throught the newest Scofield Reference bible and still can't make any sense of it.....(This is also very helpful when reading threads on this site, newspaper articles, Yahoo message boards, bigfoot encounters, etc.)

If you can just give me a short synopsis of the OT in relation to those 3 simple questions, I will follow you thru the depths of hell, just like some of the followers of the jesus guy.

It really isn't that hard to do but I have not had anyone take me up on this challenge yet. You say you have seen both sides of the camp...hmmm..
What if I am trying to PROVE the existence of Jesus and you are undermining that by not answering?....Hmmmm...Ever thought about it that way?

Faliz Navidad,

oxi

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Your question is a valid one. Who was there to hear these biblical private conversations? I did a thread a while back, Was Jesus Really Tempted by Satan?

How do we know if this story is true? Did Jesus come back from the desert and tell his disciples all about how he kicked some Satan arse!
Apologists will tell you it's all channeled information, spoken to saints by the Holy Spirit.

So, don't go thinking that you, yourself could ever receive channeled information too, because you would only be listening to SATAN! lol

edit on 12-12-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

God is love. The first commandment pursue love with all your love. Just because man feared God and failed to see the truth in his message you can't blame God, unless you blame him for free will. He did say it was as if a veil covered their face. Who put the veil there God, why because they were afraid, and there is a lesson to be learned in fear. Primarily that fear cannot lead to love, but God felt that this was a necessary step in our spiritual evolution. I'll just trust him.

The NT says God is love. Very plainly "God is love". And still for 2000 years we have refused to look at God through this lense. The OT is a difficult read, because man was given everything they asked for.

They rejected God as their leader and ask for an earthly king. So they got it. How do earthly Kings take land? Maybe if they would have accepted God as their leader they would have received it in a Godly way? But since they refused the spiritual and accepted the worldly they were given over to their demand.

War, peace, slavery. War, peace, slavery. This was the path they choose with their free will. God has never imposed on man's free will he has only dictated the emotional outcome and the direction of our path based on the choices we make with our free will. He has judged us.

I feel the need to add a principle from Job so you can understand the concept why does good things happen to bad people. In Job the three men came in saying pretty much the same things we all accept to be true. They were convicting Job of a crime and saying that he must have done something against God. Job was claiming that he did not, that God was merely being God and testing Job. The three men were counted as having sinned when Job was counted as righteous. The three men were guilty of sin because they had accused an innocent man.

I added this to show that I believe that although I point out reasons why we might feel apart from God's love, if you can't figure out why you feel away from God, this doesn't always have to mean you are in sin, you simply might be learning something. But for those that are in sin, you must believe that God has provided a way for you to overcome.

I believe that time of guessing is coming to an end. I think we are ready to evolve. I believe that for most of us sin has become utterly sinful and we are ready to pursue something better. If God is love than why not pursue him? And if he isn't I imagine that he will accept you if you truly pursue love.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Your question is a valid one. Who was there to hear these biblical private conversations? I did a thread a while back, Was Jesus Really Tempted by Satan?

How do we know if this story is true? Did Jesus come back from the desert and tell his disciples all about how he kicked some Satan arse!
Apologists will tell you it's all channeled information, spoken to saints by the Holy Spirit.

So, don't go thinking that you, yourself could ever receive channeled information too, because you would only be listening to SATAN! lol

edit on 12-12-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

You can't dispute a concept in the bible apart from biblical logic. The bible is written by the power of the Holy Spirit alive in a man. A man need not see, hear, nor understand what he is writing; he simply needs to let his hand be guided by the Holy Spirit.

You can reject the bible but please any attempt to understand the logic of the bible needs to found within the pages of the bible. You can reject what I say as the truth but it is what the bible says about itself.

Divine inspiration is the how. Believing it or not it is up to you. I simply choose to leave all things possible for God. Since creation screams I am something more than you comprehend, I will make every effort to comprehend and where comprehension ends is where faith begins.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

If the guy who gave Moses the 10 Commandments there would be no need to put such a commandment, ordering one to "love God" because all love would emanate from him and through us.

The fact that this Yahweh guy has to order people to love him is a dead give away that he is not the "God of Love' but is, in fact, an impostor.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

So was the story of the temptation of Jesus a divinely inspired story, the truth or a metaphor?

I'm going with metaphor.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

So was the story of the temptation of Jesus a divinely inspired story, the truth or a metaphor?

I'm going with metaphor.

I'm going to go with both if that is ok.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

If the guy who gave Moses the 10 Commandments there would be no need to put such a commandment, ordering one to "love God" because all love would emanate from him and through us.

The fact that this Yahweh guy has to order people to love him is a dead give away that he is not the "God of Love' but is, in fact, an impostor.

Believe me I am going through the OT right now and it is difficult to find the God of love in that book. But i believe difficult with a purpose. Realize i said difficult not impossible. Just one thought that I have maybe we are evolving. Not physically but spiritually. Maybe at that point in our evolution we weren’t ready for love, and fear was the more effective means to teach. Just a guess.

I have found the message of love in the OT but even knowing it is there studying does place a veil over one's eyes so that they look at God in fear. The bible says that when the laws of mosses are read even today, and I am assuming today is still good for today, that a veil is placed over the eyes of the hearer. It is like we know we are supposed to obey the law, we know we broke it, and we are afraid of our punishment. This is the theme of the OT, I will not disagree.

But at work behind the law is the law of love, but few found it. And instead of being consumed by the law and finding love they became consumed by the law and found a righteousness apart from love that Jesus was condemning.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
i sit and ponder about the all the ways we can alter , misinterprit..generally debunk the 10 commandments..then it comes to mind that for one week not one of the laws were broken..i would think that world would not know what hit it.....having disregard of any of these simple laws may not affect all people...but those with any sort of conscience would have some remorse and feel that was an indecent thing to do...yes i do realise we are not all angels and good guys that do no wrong...but is there any need to rubbish some attempt at showing us the light

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Close study will show that the Israelites didnt really come under any sort of phycological bondage untill the left off with Gods law and took up with the local ideas of god. They began buring their children in the fires of Baal, became victims to the maddness of the horoscope to run their lives, the preists used just enough of the law for the sake of unjust enrichment for themselves and their class, the economic system became corrupt......"theres 1 for you 19 for me", the murder rate went through the roof, judges could be bought off, the poors rights were no longer recognized, the systems of wieght and mesure became very corrupt.....you pay for a gallon and get 1/2 and told to shut up....ect ect.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
ATS Thread - 10 Commandments are the Doctrine of Men
Some of you will appreciate the information here.
For others ... the truth will just tick you off.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

It's ideas like yoursthat make me wish we had a negative flag system to bury nonsense threads with our disdain. I'm almost given up on this board; too many shills, too much immorality being professed as wisdom, too much religious bashing based on drama & lack of discipline, too many imbeciles, and good posters dropping off to bans. Everyone is in their own stages of evolution, but I don't have patience anymore for the newer hordes. Thanks for being part of that lot, Op.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join