It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela's Chavez Names Successor as He Leaves for Cuba

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Venezuela's Chavez Names Successor as He Leaves for Cuba

www.bloomberg.com

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, preparing to travel to Cuba for further cancer surgery, yesterday named Vice President Nicolas Maduro to carry out his legacy if he is unable to remain in office.

Chavez, who spoke in a national television and radio address, said he requires more surgery after malignant cells were detected in the same area as his previous cancer during health exams held over the past month in Cuba. The National Assembly today approved his request to be absent from the country for more than five days as he travels to the Caribbean island.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I for one dont care for Chavez at all. What do ya know? A liberal who doesnt like Hugo Chavez. Shocker?!?!?

I dont wish cancer upon anyone though. But one thinks, maaaaybe if he hadnt pissed so many American politicians off, he may have been able to come to America to receive even better medical care than what he will get in Cuba

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Not long ago i saw a documentary about US Americans who travel to Cuba because their Cancer meds are much cheaper and more easy to get than in The USA.

So probably this is the cause too....................

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheldonCooper

Not long ago i saw a documentary about US Americans who travel to Cuba because their Cancer meds are much cheaper and more easy to get than in The USA.

So probably this is the cause too....................

Wasnt it Andy Kaufman who went to Cuba, or the Caribbean for Cancer treatment? But it showed Andy just getting conned

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I'd welcome Chavez to go to a special part of Cuba. I hear it has state of the art medicine and right on the beach with a view too...Oh nvm.. I guess he never crossed the right lines. I don't wish the way he's going on anyone though, certainly not. It's the worst way in my opinion.

So what does everyone know about the new guy? Friend, Foe or Enemy? Chavez never struck me as the sort to have a real strong #2, so I wonder....?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'd welcome Chavez to go to a special part of Cuba. I hear it has state of the art medicine and right on the beach with a view too...Oh nvm.. I guess he never crossed the right lines. I don't wish the way he's going on anyone though, certainly not. It's the worst way in my opinion.

So what does everyone know about the new guy? Friend, Foe or Enemy? Chavez never struck me as the sort to have a real strong #2, so I wonder....?

Exactly what I'm hoping to find out form the ATS crew

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Chavez isnt visiting "these" Cuban Hospitals, thats for sure......

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Oh Sonnny, you're a cynic. You don't mean to suggest that he's booked at the Potemkin Medical Complex, do you? I'm sure it's not all that bad. I could have sworn a movie showed them all having outstanding, first world medical care down there. It looked like perfection to the last person.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by sonnny1

Oh Sonnny, you're a cynic. You don't mean to suggest that he's booked at the Potemkin Medical Complex, do you? I'm sure it's not all that bad. I could have sworn a movie showed them all having outstanding, first world medical care down there. It looked like perfection to the last person.

Communist Medicine, works just like ours !

If you have the money, or connections, first class service is Guaranteed......

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
According to Michael Moore and those like him Cuba has the best healthcare in the world.

As to Chavez being done the reports of his demise have been many and often and yet he is still around.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Andy Kaufman went to the Philippines for treatment.

No need for the Americans here to grapple for medical superiority. American medicine is the most expensive throughout the world so thereby follows it is the best, right? American physicians for their med school have certainly drank the most proverbial big pharma kool-aid and have the most money for those machines that go, "P-I-N-N-G-G!"

edit on 9-12-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I wouldn't say it has anything to do with American Medical superiority as if American Doctors are somehow better by birthright. If anything, I've found American doctors to be less concerned with quality for what that matters.

My comment was tongue in cheek for the Moore movie showing Cuba to have top notch medical ...which is absurd in the way he portrayed it.

American "superiority" in so far as it still exists at all has only been from the sheer number of teaching and research hospitals and facilities as well as pure research efforts going on all over the nation at any given time...going back decades. That isn't the norm in most of the world, or hasn't been until recently anyway. That's changing....but just figured I'd clear up my own thinking in that area anyway.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This cancer stuff is just a cover up. Perhaps he left for Cuba to a safety of a secret bunker for 21/12/2012 this year.

Who knows.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

My criticism of American medicine is that it is too expensive and there isn't enough of it. Of the Latin American countries I have experience with the access to doctors is much more available and at a more affordable price. In many instances some of the impressive equipment is not present or one must go to a large city for major surgery or access to some services. For routine doctor visits and minor ailments I feel I am getting much more direct and personal care here in Mexico, and without need for making an appointment or waiting long.

We tend to use more generic medicines here also, but typically with good results. In the US I was more likely to be given a prescription for the newest, greatest, and bestest drug on the pharmacy shelf, though granted, it cost a bit more. US waiting rooms tend to have nicer furniture, but one usually spends more time waiting in them as well.

edit on 9-12-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

EH.. I dunno.
Cuba did come up with a vaccination for lung cancer and several other cancers.
There is a LOT of propaganda against Cuban healthcare. It's actually pretty good.

Chavez is going there for a reason.
edit on 9-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
From what I've read and heard Cuba has some of the best healthcare in the world, but then again I'm one of them dirty commie heathens so...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

There is a LOT of propaganda against Cuban healthcare. It's actually pretty good.

Ive heard the same thing.. theres a reason he went there and not some place like Russia or China.

Its funny how people think hes so evil because their leaders tell them hes evil.
I dont think some of you realize that a lot of our petroleum comes from Venezuala.
If anyone has ever gone to a store that sells "Citgo" fuel, it comes from Venezuala

edit on 12/9/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/9/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I wish him the best with his treatment. I think he knows his odds aren't looking good.

Once he is gone, I don't believe that his number 2 guy will have the power Chavez had over the people.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I have been wondering for some time now, and maybe someone can answer the question, is if Venezuela is so much better with the way Chavez is running it, then why does he need to go to Cuba for surgery?

Is his health system that bad in Venezuela or is it just not good enough for Venezuela's leader?

As for naming a successor I am a bit confused... I thought their constitution required the speaker of their house to assume the office of President should the president elect die before his swear in date.

Did I miss something or is Chavez calling audibles?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

While I get your point.. And agree with it....

Many Americans choose to go to other countries for a variety of reasons to treat cancer amongst other deadly diseases. Could be a plethora of reasons...

But still, I get your point.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join