It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumping of U$D.. next attack near?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I found this surfing my usual sites.. I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about all of this financial stuff, but perhaps some of you do..

Does this mean anything? Or just more scare mongering?

Oct. 22, 2004

Many of you don't know I am a hedge fund trader specializing in currencies. I talk to people from around the world every day.

This came my way the other day from a contact in the biz and I thought you might be interested in it. The last time there was this much urgency to dump the U$D in that area of the world was a few months prior to 9-11.

This could mean something and it could mean nothing....but we take notice in my line of work.

Name Withheld

Apparently there was a big money dump before 9/11? News to me..

I just got another email from the guy I told you about before in Cz Repub. who owns 3 money changing houses and is an FX Spot trader as well . This is his broken email to me summarizing, the USD is flat out being dumped, still. It isn't making headlines for some "reason". He, as you may remember I told you, has a strong tie to a large bank in Cz...banker said they are flooded with USD from people changing their accounts over to another currency...EUR, Cz money etc...anything to get out of USD. The Chinese he says there are dumping all their USD. We're not talking FX specs, we're talking mom and pop dumping what they thought a month ago was a solid hedge�the USD.

The person has sent me two other emails in two weeks saying the same thing..one of which you got already, evidently it is an ongoing thing to sell off USD. I didn't know the Chinese are heavy into Cz but evidently they are and dumping USD too. He says yards (Billions). After all, he's the one changing it!

Consider the source(s) before making assumptions too btw, it may not hold any weight.. can anyone see if this dump is true by searching the financial sectors?

www.stevequayle.com...
www.bushcountry.org...

also found this source, again, not sure if its credible
newsfromrussia.com...

[edit on 10/23/2004 by QuietSoul]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I don't think this is pointing in the direction of a new attack, I think people around the world just lost there faith in the U.S. , and because rate's like the euro are doing (much) better at the moment than the dollar the want to play it save with there money so they simply exchange it for euro's or something else, and maybe in the heart of the sory there is something true, there is a chance that an attack like 9/11 will happen again and if that happends people will lose lots of money (again) if I where you I should do the same to because something is about to happen but it could and the dollar isent going anywhere last years so play it save and invest in euro's or just gold, (maybe your own bank did that already ask them about it).

I should say don't worry about a next attack

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You must also realize that some of the paranoia you see on this board is echoed in the minds of plenty of non-Americans. We have an election coming up which everyone has claimed would be punctuated by some attack or other. Even if there is no attack before or on the election, then there is also the possibility that Bush will win and continue his unilateral war on terror, bringing the wrath of every America-hating group out there. Either way, it could just be a bit of bet hedging leading up to the elections and for a few months afterward. If the US demonstrates a positive fiscal direction under the re/newly elected President, the money will come back.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
USD was dumped after the 2000 elections but there was nothing significant just prior to 911.

There have been many occasions since then that the dollar has tanked.

It started falling hard in 2002.
It also fell at the beginning of the Iraq war.

Those may have been related to the US going to war or it could have been a coincidence that was related to bad economic numbers.

Last week, there were some bad numbers that showed the US hitting the National Debt limit. It also a showed record budget deficit, a monthly trade deficit that was the second highest in history and is likey to lead to the highest yearly trade deficit in US history. In addition to that, an Index of Leading Economic Indicators fell for the fourth consecutive month last week.

All of that leads people to short currencies so it's probably not a big conspiracy.

Take a look at a Forex chart to see the value of the US dollar versus other currencies:
FinanceChart

Change it to the weekly timescale to see back to 2000.

[edit on 23-10-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
www.stevequayle.com...

this link was posted at the top. I'm not sure I'd bother trusting it. Drop back to the homepage lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romeo
www.stevequayle.com...

this link was posted at the top. I'm not sure I'd bother trusting it. Drop back to the homepage lol.

He's one of us?
Looks like ATS material.

Anyway, he's right about people dumping the dollar, I just think he may be wrong about it being a big conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
check out the monthly major JPY crosses. All set to breakout. I've had in my mind NK would be delt with prior to the election and I note today olympics.reuters.com...

I think we may see it blow this week but Nov 1 would seem a most appropriate date. Gosh, one might have to postpone an election if war was declared. And the yen would crash because of its regional proximity. EURJPY, CHFJPY and gold would be the best instruments. Close the position Nov 2 if all is well. At least that's my plan.

[edit on 23-10-2004 by Romeo]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Could it just be the usual international civilized game-playing? Ie., Russia is now supporting Kyoto, but the US is still not on line. ...the US pushed for an omnibus proposal in the UN to stop therapeutic cloning PLUS human cloning, but several nations have already put legislation in place to allow therapeutic cloning while making human cloning illegal. ...just warring international agendas.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
From my watching of the market on the news channel the studies strickley euro markets I noticed the value of the euro vs the USD has hit critical mass. and infact the USD has become a loss almost taking countries that trade it into a deficit trade.....meaning the value of the USD is less now in someplaces then the equal amount of currency in the trading country which from what Im hearing has put the USD in a negative balance.....so in a way it makes sense if you are loosing money then drop the problem causing the losses.....I dont see why there would be a 9/11 correlation.....it seems to be simple economics to me..

[edit on 25/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I think its just the world has lost faith in the USA.

Not just because of the War, but because your choice of leader leaves alot to be desired. The way we all see it is;

Vote for bush and we're screwed...
Vote for Kerry we'd be slightly better off... but still screwed...

Doesnt really give anyone much faith in the direction your country is going

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
I think its just the world has lost faith in the USA.

Not just because of the War, but because your choice of leader leaves alot to be desired. The way we all see it is;

Vote for bush and we're screwed...
Vote for Kerry we'd be slightly better off... but still screwed...

Doesnt really give anyone much faith in the direction your country is going

AMEN No complaints with your thinking there

[edit on 25/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

new topics

top topics

join