It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pacquiao gets knocked out by marquez

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
pacquiao gets knocked out in the sixth round by a straight right from juan marquez.

the judges had pacquiao winning at the time of the knock out.

i'm not sure what to make of this win by juan marquez. he hired on trainer angel Heredia.

here is an article about Heredia from the ring magazine online.
ringtv.craveonline.com...

For their last fight, Marquez sparked controversy and came under scrutiny for hiring controversial strength guru Angel Hernandez for his last fight against Pacquiao, since Hernandez had been widely known to have a history of being involved in performance-enhancing activities.

A graduate of Texas A&M's exercise science program, Hernandez was known as Angel Heredia, in May of 2008 when he testified in a San Francisco Court that he supplied former track stars Marion Jones and Tim Montgomery with illegal substances.

Hernandez never was convicted of any crimes, although he admitted to giving the blood-booster EPO, growth hormone and insulin to Jones in 2000 at the request of her then-coach Trevor Graham, who was on trial. Heredia also sold banned substances to Montgomery.

Hernandez was hired by Marquez in order to achieve better results than he did in his welterweight debut, a one-sided unanimous decision loss to Mayweather in September of 2009, and has insisted that his state-of-the-art techniques helped Marquez to gain strength and weight for Pacquiao.

if marquez is clean then he deserves all the credit in the world. let us see what happens when he takes the post fight test.

edit on 9-12-2012 by subfab because: fixed a couple of things in my post

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Sorry the quality is crap

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
i think when people view the knockout they'll see the bell rang just as he was about to get hit. i heard the bell, then saw pacquiao on the floor.

it was really close, i think thats what happened. pacquiao sensed the bell was about to ring or heard it and let up after he missed with his shot for that split second.

it looked like pacquiao died. he was out cold.

edit on 9-12-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

my guess is that Floyd mayweather now will scream for a fight with manny pacquiao.

edit on 9-12-2012 by subfab because: added wording

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Savage hit. Lax defence though, wide open - asking for a mighty clock on the chin.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
That was an intense fight, Marquez had such a bloody face. That hit was so powerful, I felt so bad for his wife, she was so scared! Good fight though, hate to see that happen to Manny, he's been my fave for a while now.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Manny only just woke up i think.

marquez and floyd.

When will Floyd actually fight someone worth fighting ??

Floyd is the American A.Mundine

join