It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planetary Alignment / X-Flare Watch Dec 17-18, 2012 (Geminid Showers on the way too)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
A short video showing an alignment that has very strong planetary influences, along with the appearance of two known asteroids, Vesta and Ceres. It seems there is a history of events occurring in relation to similar alignments; something known as the "Carrington Event" is referenced; the Solar storm of 1859.

en.wikipedia.org...

From August 28, 1859, until September 2, numerous sunspots and solar flares were observed on the sun. Just before noon on September 1, the British astronomer Richard Carrington observed the largest flare,[3] which caused a major coronal mass ejection (CME) to travel directly toward Earth, taking 17 hours. Such a journey normally takes three to four days. This second CME moved so quickly because the first one had cleared the way of the ambient solar wind plasma.[3]

ttbtsdisclose.wordpress.com...

Meteor shower Geminids and Planetary Alignments in December 2012! Before we approach the ‘Winter Solstice’ on December 21, we will be observing the next meteor shower named “Geminids”. This meteor shower gets the name “Geminids” because it appears to radiate from the constellation Gemini. The Geminid meteor shower peaks on Dec. 13th and 14th when Earth runs through a stream of debris from a strange object that some astronomers are calling a “rock comet.” The Geminids are a unique meteor shower in that their identified parent body is not a comet, but what seems to be an asteroid! Of the meteor showers with known parent bodies studied by meteor scientists, the Geminids are the only shower to have an asteroidal parent body; all others have a cometary origin.

Thought this was interesting and wanted to share.

BAW33

edit on 12/8/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Howdy BAW33!

Do you happen to know in what parts of the world the meteor shower will be able to be seen? It's been a while since we were able to watch one in our neck of the woods, and I slept through the meteor that flew past the other day.

As far as a Carrington type event? Even if something like that were to occur the kinfolk will still show up hungry and looking for presents on Christmas Eve!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I will research it for you to see LTcat16.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
You can pick just about any date at random and find an "alignment".
www.fourmilab.ch...

Here is an earlier thread on the topic.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

One of my favorite sites gives this guide... be sure and book mark it, very informative for sky watching.

earthsky.org...

December 13/14, 2012, late night December 13 until dawn December 14 Geminids The final major meteor shower of every year (unless one surprises us!) is always the December Geminid shower, often producing 50 or more meteors per hour. It is a beloved shower, because, as a general rule, it’s either the August Perseids or the December Geminids that give us the most prolific display of the year. Best of all, the new moon guarantees a dark sky on the peak night of the Geminid shower (mid-evening December 13 until dawn December 14). But the nights on either side of the peak date should be good as well. Unlike many meteor showers, you can start watching the Geminids by 9 or 10 p.m. local time. The peak might be around 2 a.m. local time on these nights, because that’s when the shower’s radiant point is highest in the sky as seen around the world. With no moon to ruin the show, 2012 presents a most favorable year for watching the grand finale of the meteor showers. Best viewing of the Geminids will probably be from about 1 a.m. to 3 a.m. on December 14.

BAW33

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hey Phage, thanks for stopping by, you are quite a legend...you are correct, there is most definitely an alignment every day, however, the same alignment does not occur every day, the Sun and the Earth do not stay in the same position and neither do the rest of the planets or comets or meteors, the Universe is constantly changing every day, but you are right, there is an alignment every day.

BAW33

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

And yet, the Earth is not struck by a major CME every day.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Thanks BAW33! You rock!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Also, correct Phage, but we do have the ability to be slammed by one any day, and currently our magnetic field is weakening as we speak, according to those other than me, and we get slammed by solar winds every day, also, not me, and I know you are smarter than me so I'm sure you will challenge me on these points, but the possibility always exist, whether you admit it or not.

The person doesn't say it will happen, only that the possibility exist because of similarities from past events. Maybe I misunderstood, perhaps you could listen to the video, I only watched it reading the subtitles, maybe he said this will happen. In which case maybe he is right and maybe he is wrong. I thought it was interesting just the same.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

And you are the Cat's *** Ltcat16, that was a favorite phrase of one of my pals years ago, said it to my mom one day and she almost fell out of her chair hysterical.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hurray Phage- you brought back Lithgow!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage has returned! Tarah Tah Tah!

Its been... 4 months?

Been missing you on the science and space threads. Welcome back.

Going to be needing your wit and clarity on ATS.

Pssst... shhh... the world is about to end again you know

top topics

join