It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Sol 113

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I was looking on curiosity, went to 113, seen a picture kinda star within it (Mastcam: Right
2012-11-30 08:52:38 UTC)

So I clicked to see a bigger view, and looks like to me an half head on stone ?
The other thing was odd so I don't know. Maybe someone can give some info on these?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
When will these ridiculous mars rock photos end?

EDIT: I decided to look at some mars photos myself, found some very interesting things...

edit on 8-12-2012 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

Never, unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
lol so they are both rocks? pretty odd to me when I had a little zoom.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Spares

Bottom pic looked like a dead alien rock with a boner.But at the 3 o'clock position from the bottom pic. I swear it looks like the cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz.

Look at the image again tell me I am wrong.

edit on 8-12-2012 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

Star!

That's just awesome!

(but I think I may have seen something other than a rock in your picture - it sure LOOKED like a rock but I don't think it was a rock!)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice

EDIT: I decided to look at some mars photos myself, found some very interesting things...

Someone forgot to notify everyone, Martians and and Martian animals look like OUR ROCKS!!! Use a little imagination! Why not?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice

You may have very well found something!!!!!

Who would of known there were so many rocks on mars!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Spares

Don't pay any attention to the thread police OP. If it were up to some of these folks, Einstein would have had his funding pulled before he ever figured out his first formula, and we would still be in the dark ages. Come to think of it, maybe we are still in the dark ages...

On Topic: I don't really see anything myself, but I like looking at what folks find, because you never know. I'm glad there are people scouring these photos. I've seen some compelling ones. S&F for courage to post this.

edit on 12/8/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Spares

I Guess wind and cold may be part of the rock weirdness on Mars as the pictures of Antartic dry Valleys have some real strange ones that look completely like Mars in some areas.

www.google.com... =0CAQQ_AUoAA&biw=1024&bih=728
edit on 8-12-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Erosion by wind and sand can create many weird formations, on Mars and on Earth. In the OP's photo I only see rocks, sorry. It's part of a panorama showing finely-layered rocky outcrop, most probably exposed sediment where water once flown. www.pictureshack.us...

P.S. I stitch Curiosity's raw images into panoramas, feel free to check them out: www.facebook.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Thanks, I only posted as them two spots as they looked odd while I looking though the pictures, after I zoomed in on two the spots. It still looked odd. Also to see if anyone else seen the same I was seeing. ( Guess not ) lol

So I will just take it as rocks of course with it maybe eroded, maybe while it looked odd but sorta a half-face to me but hey ^.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Spares

Sure would like to have a chance to go and see for myself. There are countless objects that could be things and animals, also trails of animals.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Wow, look whatI found! Sol 89, right Mastcam. The rock at the bottom of the image has a face on it!
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

I believe it's natural, but that's one hell of a pareidolia!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Kind of look like those things they brought back from the moon...oh yeah...rocks. As stated by a member earlier, these rock threads are bad.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Face rocks lol ,

new topics

top topics

join