It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am just an idea.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have no idea what God is. I do not know what I am.

I know that I am just an idea. But what is is not the idea. God is what is.

Seeking. Desire. Will. Interpretation. All of these are mechanisms of out creative essence. We are the created from the creator. The creator does not know what it is, except that it can create. So out of itself, we are manifest. We are a fabricated idea fabricating ideas from a mystery. We are the mystery's conception of self.

Science will never find god because God cannot be found. Religion will never find god for the same reason. But we do not need to find that which we are. We only need to be and be the one creator and see our ideas as ideas. Everything we see is just an idea. But the idea is from that which is and is connected to that which is. We are that which is, which is indescribable. We cannot see what we are, but only see our ideas of what we are.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Science merely attempts to understand God's mechanisms. Our creator is aware of everything, and if you know Him...then you know this to be true.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
Science merely attempts to understand God's mechanisms. Our creator is aware of everything, and if you know Him...then you know this to be true.

And what makes you believe it is a him?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

It is a comfortable interpretation for myself, that is all. Our souls were made in His image...the rest is unknowable

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

God cant be found because he is an idea of thought. God doesnt exist.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

God cant be found because he is an idea of thought. God doesnt exist.

I have no idea of thought about what God is, except that creation(s) come from that which is. Are you that which is or the idea of that which is?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

What led you to that conclusion?? respectfully asking.
edit on 8-12-2012 by lambs to lions because: Sp

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

reply to post by AthlonSavage

What led you to that conclusion?? respectfully asking.
edit on 8-12-2012 by lambs to lions because: Sp

He led himself to that conclusion because he is the creator of ideas.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Knowing God requires more than philosophy, though I do appreciate rational thought.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

you think you know is all and that's fine but again its a thought only. What can be known is not what you are, identification to what you are not can be fun but will eventually mislead you. Again the you jumps in!! Trying its hardest to be what it is not.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Knowing God requires more than philosophy, though I do appreciate rational thought.

You cannot know God. God does not know God. God creates things from itself to paint a picture of what it is, but the picture will always be a fabrication. Therefore the fabrication makes its own fabrications because it comes from the creator. God knows itself as the creator, only, but does not know exactly what that is, except that it can create this.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I have no idea what God is. I do not know what I am.

I know that I am just an idea. But what is is not the idea. God is what is.

You just said you "have no idea" what "God" is, yet you're describing it/him/her. How can you describe something you don't know? How can you say what it is or is not? And then you say that we are indescribable, but you still describe us?

The rest of your post continually begs that question, so I'll leave it there.
edit on 8-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancientthunder

you think you know is all and that's fine but again its a thought only. What can be known is not what you are, identification to what you are not can be fun but will eventually mislead you. Again the you jumps in!! Trying its hardest to be what it is not.

To see what you are, you must not try to see, but just see. All I see is ideas, so I know I am the creator. What can be known is ideas, but the ideas are not what what is is, but what what is can do. I am that which can create ideas.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

To see what you are, you must not try to see, but just see. All I see is ideas, so I know I am the creator. What can be known is ideas, but the ideas are not what what is is, but what what is can do. I am that which can create ideas.

None of that makes sense. Explain it as though I have no clue what you're talking about, because I don't.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I know that I am an idea, but do not know what I am because I created my own idea. How do you create something from something which you do not know what it is? It cannot be what it really is, but just an idea. So I am not the idea, but the idea is my only reference. Unless I have no idea, at which point I am what I am–a mystery.

We are the creator of ideas and we lead ourselves to believe that we are the ideas. I guess you could say you arenwhat you create but at the same time, not. You are the creator trying to know itself through its creations. We will be searching for answers forever unless we decide to not search and just admit that we don't know.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

So you don't know where you came from or what you are, but you know for a fact that you're an idea. Wow. This really is an informative thread. Thanks you for sharing your confusion with me.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I know that I am an idea, but do not know what I am because I created my own idea. How do you create something from something which you do not know what it is? It cannot be what it really is, but just an idea. So I am not the idea, but the idea is my only reference. Unless I have no idea, at which point I am what I am–a mystery.

Maybe it's me,maybe it's just late n my brain is more fried than i realise but I thought I was a flesh and blood human being,not an idea.

I'm afraid I cannot definitively answer your creator questions either but I do know I've never seen any sign or evidence that there is one and my gut feeling he is the idea and a very out of date one at that.lol

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
lreply to post by fastbob72

Flesh and blood are ideas. They are flesh and blood, as you call them, but are nevertheless fabricated from an unexplainable mind. Matter is what it is, but is also a fabrication of mind.

Ask yourself, "beyond the description of matter by describing what it is made of, what IS it"? Yeah it's made of particles, spinning energy, strings, and all that, but what IS all of that?
edit on 8-12-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

So you don't know where you came from or what you are, but you know for a fact that you're an idea. Wow. This really is an informative thread. Thanks you for sharing your confusion with me.

I know for a fact that I create ideas. Everything you see is a creation of your mind. Everything you see is one creation. But the creator is not the creation even though the only reference the creation has to be formed from is the creator.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
What we see are ideas. What we are is the creator of them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join