It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tangent Arc, Mysterious Rumbling and Infrasound. Another piece to the puzzle??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Maybe its HAARP.

Since they have been very active in their "atmosphereic research" many anomolies have been going on. Ever since human kind have been tinkering ignorantly with their new technology, strange things have been going on with this planet.. coincedence? I dont believe in coincedences..

Or maybe its volcanoes

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by doesntmakesense
Could the pressure caused from hydraulic fracking pumps constantly pulling in gas from the earth have something to do with it? Those natural events you listed all seem to involve vibrational energy and that seems to me what the infrasound detectors detect. If that's the case, I'd reckon the drilling and/or operation and/or explosion of said wells could cause the vibrations felt. Just my 2 pence

Although I'm no supporter of fracking, I'm not sure how safe it is. I don't think fracking is the culprit here because many of the reports of sky sounds are no where near fracking sites.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
Maybe its HAARP.

Since they have been very active in their "atmosphereic research" many anomolies have been going on. Ever since human kind have been tinkering ignorantly with their new technology, strange things have been going on with this planet.. coincedence? I dont believe in coincedences..

Or maybe its volcanoes

I have to agree with you here. I've been wondering about HAARP as well. I know Phage will dispel this and claim HAARP is as innocent as a flower in bloom, but I find it strange that much of the strangeness occurring seems to do with a fast global warm. Droughts, warm weather, mild winters, super-charged storms. Then you add in the quakes, rumbles, booms, etc., they could also be attributed to the sun. HAARP heats up the ionosphere. My question is, could they have already damaged the ionosphere? Of course, they wouldn't tell us about it. Could this be why all the strangeness with sky sounds and freak storms?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Hi Rezlooper, it is true. These vibrations are of concern...they have been reported in at least 7 states here in the U.S. WestCoast seems to be experiencing the same scenario as the other folks. I read about the vibrations at a few websites...will try and find the ones for ya'll. I also googled "Strange vibrations detected throughout the U.S".. and on the second google page it had some mention of it all also. No one seems to know what is causing the vibrations. I wonder about possible earthquake connections or crustal problems and such.

Texas is especially having such odd occurrences like vibrations, booms, flaming utility poles and more...can't help wondering what's up with all of that. I agree, not fracking this time relevant to Westcoasts issues there.

I hope it isn't earthquake related. When I lived at the foot of Mt. Rainier in Washington State, in a small town called Spanaway, we had a "shaker" one nite...made an intense vibration feeling...at first I thought it was me having a siezure or something but found out it was the quake. It was a very unusual and disturbing feeling. Blessings and safety to West coast poster.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Hey, WestCoast .... just wanted to make sure you saw this person's post regarding sounds heard.... also from Washington state....

post in a different thread

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

The seven states reporting rumbling, booms and other strange sounds are California, Rhode Island, Alabama, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma and Georgia. Around 4 websites have posted that news...rules for posting...not sure if I can post the sites. The fellow that runs the one site looks like he's wearing a gray wig, if that helps.
Like I mentioned, google has info too if the above sentence I put up is used just as I posted it in upper post.

We've had 2 incidents here in NW Louisiana about 2 weeks ago of loud booms yet "officials" had no idea as to cause.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
These noises are not new, they have been documented for hundreds of years. I have read about them since I was little. I believe I first came across the reports in Ripley's Believe it or not. Also read of them in Charles Forte's books. Here's one example www.lewis-clark.org...
There are a lot of strange things out there, most have baffled people from the beginning of recorded history.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Thanks for all the responses! I'll spend some time tonight going through the linked info...espcially looking forward to checking out the infrasound data.

Thought I would go ahead and provide my video from this past February. You really need to listen to it with good headphones in, or you won't hear the rumbling. It is very, very low so hard to capture. There is wind in the video but the rumbling is much lower and 'bigger' if you know what I mean.
Sorry for the length....around the 5 min mark is good.

ETA: You can clearly hear the rumbling at the 2:15 mark - at 3:38 you can hear it cut out abruptly (I have to seriously push the earphones down inside my ears and slant them in order to hear the base)

edit on 9-12-2012 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

ETA: Thanks for the info, fireballstorm!! Although, I will say that I have been avidly watching the skies here for years now and NEVER saw anything even close to this.

@sagitaris...your info on the CSZ and yellowstone are WAYYYY off. Kdog was spot on with the corrections.

ETA:

I took this picture on Feb 2 of this year in the evening. The sun is well below the horizon, what you are seeing is a reflection and sun pillar.

This next one was taken on 3/25/12 in the afternoon

This double pillar/sun halo was taken on 4/8/12 in the afternoon:

Finally, this massive what I thought to be a sun dog but what I know think is a rare fire rainbow was on 6/20/12 around noon:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
There is an unusual phenomena which has taken place many times in just the last year alone. No I am not talking about UFO sightings; however, we all know there have been plenty of them lately. What I am referring to are strange sounds that are being heard all over this country. They seem to be heard more often in the United States, then anywhere else. I say this because the amount of reported events last year exceeded 750. When we talk about things like this, and the amount of reports, it is usually accepted that for each report, there are at least 10 witnesses who made no reports. This would mean that over 7500 people in this country had an experience, where they heard a strange sound, and could not figure out where it was coming from. Why is it that this happens more in the United States than anywhere else? The strange noises are also being reported by many witnesses in Canada. What could be the connection between Canada and the United States? We know that Canada adjoins the United States on two sides, if we count Alaska.

One thing that I do know is the United States probably has more tunneling machines than the rest of the world put together. There are even rumors we have nuclear-powered ones. Our government purchased the tunneling machines that built the Chunnel, the tunnel between England and France. Some of you might ask, “what does this have to do with anything?” For the last couple of years, we are said to have a massive tunneling project going on under this country. We also know when it comes to military matters, especially continental defense, we join with the Canadian military, so it is possible our tunneling extends into their country. Tunneling is usually an abrasive procedure. Giant cutting tools spin as they cut through the hardest rock. There is bound to be some vibrations.

Link aboutfacts.net...
edit on 9-12-2012 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Sounds like you have some movements of the plates pretty steady around where you live. The sound given off by that is not heard by a lot of people. It is probably there but the other sounds drown it out. We make a very noisy world around us.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I hope this isn't TOO off topic but the past few months (summer-autumn) i have seen a few strange sky anomalies.

Not only what might be "chem trails" recently but strange circular clouds. Like "donut" shape clouds. Just like a giant circle object had punched a hole in the clouds. Very odd. I often watch the skies because i find it relaxing so when i saw these i knew they weren't the normal, every day clouds. No saying they are anything RARE, because i really don't know. I just know i'd never seen them until a few months back.

Never heard the booms, groans and hums from the earth that people seem to be hearing! Which is a disappointment in some ways. But in others, i bet its quite unnerving to hear them!

Anyway, great post, thanks for a good read!

PS. if anyone wants pictures of the clouds i've seen, let me know. They aren't the best photos (iphone camera) but i think you can get the idea

EDIT: Forgot to mention also, another strange cloud formation i've seen last week as well as the moon reflecting blue and red lights on the clouds around it. Very odd... (i think?)
edit on 10-12-2012 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hi Westcoast, you and I have spoken before (ok not technically spoke, but through messages ) I believe I live very close to you now as I have moved about 10 miles west of where I was when we last spoke. I am now right next to the HS. I have not noticed anything out of the ordinary lately but I have also had my head buried deep in textbooks as I have returned as a student to SVC. I'm now on winter break so, can you please provide specifics on what you are hearing so I can keep an ear open? We get continual wind where we are so there is never silence here but I will try my best to pay attention. I look forward to hearing something so I can share my thoughts. Please let me know. Thanks.....

edit on 10-12-2012 by Brandyfro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

HAARP is known only in Alaska.. but there are many simular HAARP "researches" going on around the world. Its not just Alaska. Its just he front, or most known to the public. Anything that is ran by government or air force is no good for Earth or humanity.. PERIOD.

If we have dozens or hundreds of these HAARP things around the world; it could deffinately be damaging.. its possible the elite governments are not actually against eachother but aganist the mojority of humanity, hence power and control.. in other words working together.

Just another probable chain link among mystery of chains.. (metaphorical)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandyfro

Hi brandy! Yup...I'm about three miles West of you.

It hasn't been loud the past few days, but when I can hear it, it's coming from the West. If you listen to the video a few posts up, you can hear exactly what it sounds like. You really need earphones with it though.

Good luck at SVC, I went there for awhile.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
ETA: Thanks for the info, fireballstorm!! Although, I will say that I have been avidly watching the skies here for years now and NEVER saw anything even close to this.

They can be easily missed sometimes, for a couple of reasons. Firstly they are usually short lived - I often miss photographing them because of this! Secondly, more often than not they are quite faint, and not as vivid. Yours for example I would say is a 5 or 6 out of 10 in terms of vividness.

If you want to catch them more often, it helps if you are constantly glancing up towards the part of the sky where a CZA would appear, and keep an eye on the type of cloud that causes them (usually "feathery" cirrus) moving towards that area.

I spent a few years only seeing sundogs and 22 degree halos, then I saw my first CZA 3 or 4 years ago - now I see them so often, I barely even give the fainter ones a second glance.

A similar "awakening" also happened to me with meteors - once you know how/when/where to look you see all kinds of phenomena that seem to elude those who do not have that experience.

Anyway, from what I have seen you are going in the right direction with your photographs. Keep up the good work

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I am SOOOOOOOOO thrilled to have found you. I thought I was going crazy. I live in a rural-ish area. One hard-of-hearing neighbor doesn't hear it, another doesn't seem to notice -- they're usually away from home, and when I posted about it on a local forum -- thinking it must be the Oak Harbor naval base, I got the "stop whining about a little bit of noise -- it's the sound of freedom -- if you don't like it move, and you shouldn't have moved close to the base in the first place."

I'm just learning about how this site works, but I'll try to "friend" you.

Thanks for your great posts about this.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Is this upside down / circle rainbow phenomenon comparatively recent? I've never seen anything like that before.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateninjah
Is this upside down / circle rainbow phenomenon comparatively recent?

Circumzenithal arcs are cased by sunlight passing through ice crystals that make up clouds. There have always been clouds and sunlight (since Earth got its atmosphere anyway), so there have always been circumzenithal arcs... just as there have always been rainbows, sun dogs, lightning, and many other types of atmospheric phenomena.

I've never seen anything like that before.

Because you've never seen a blue whale (assuming you haven't) does it mean they do not exist? Have you ever gone out of your way to look for one?

I've encountered numerous people that have not seen or heard of them before I pointed them out. People in general don't notice them because they don't look for them.

Have a read through this site, and you'll probably learn about many other atmospheric optical phenomena that you were not previously aware of: www.atoptics.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Just to add a little to my previous reply, this page has a reproduction of a drawing of a famous complex display of halos and arcs that was observed in 1790. Along with a circumzenithal arc, there are various halos and arcs, some rare and some not so rare:

Tobias Lowitz observed this famous display at St. Petersburg June 18, 1790. It lasted for several hours and to some extent his drawing is a composite. Lowitz drew a number of rare arcs but none so controversial as those marked with red arrows. They extend downwards from each sundog to join the 22° halo and were subsequently named after him.

The non-Lowitz halos agree reasonably well with the all-sky HaloSim4 simulations made for the display's peak at ~10am when the sun was 51° high. Outwards from the sun Lowitz shows a 22° halo and circumscribed halo then a 46° halo. There is a complete parhelic circle with two 120° parhelia. Below the sun Lowitz shows two prominent infralateral arcs. The lower sunvex arc tangent to the 22 degree halo is puzzling. It could be a lower tangent arc seen earlier when the sun was lower. In the same sense, Lowitz shows a circumzenithal arc that could only have been seen earlier in the morning. Wegener arcs extend from the top of the circumscribed halo over the sky to the anthelion. Greenler's book has a very good account of the display.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I've never seen anything like that before.

Because you've never seen a blue whale (assuming you haven't) does it mean they do not exist? Have you ever gone out of your way to look for one?

I've encountered numerous people that have not seen or heard of them before I pointed them out. People in general don't notice them because they don't look for them.

Have a read through this site, and you'll probably learn about many other atmospheric optical phenomena that you were not previously aware of: www.atoptics.co.uk...

What crawled up your panties bro? I was just stating that I've never seen it, NOT that I didn't believe it. Why is eveyone so ready to jump to a fight. It was a simple inquiry. Go take a xanex.

edit on 24-12-2012 by Pirateninjah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join