It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moin, moin (~"Hello")

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I am Utho, in my early forties - and from Germany.

For the past twenty years I have been studying the sciences of and connected with propaganda, the constitution of deeply felt emotions within human societies and individuals, the rules for the conduct of dialectically pursued conflicts - and other topics from the branches of social, military and historical knowledge.

With this place being a hoard of conspiracy theories and in general a site for the discussion of a broad range of non-mainstream topics, this should be the best place on the web to gain an impression of opinions, eventually some of their their "leaders", and in general how this community "digests" informations "launched" by its partcipants.

Sadly I am living under somewhat of a time-restaint, which will stop me from being too much of an active partcipant, but this place is quite ...inspirational, thus I won´t remain all silent.

Nice to be here :-)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DerUtho

Welcome aboard DerUtho! Look forward to what you have to bring to the table here!
As you well know you will find a wealth of information here, umoung the piles and piles of rocks, there are a few gems to be found here. Best of luck to you!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hello fellow German [living in the UK]. Not many people would know that 'Moin' is hello but my brother lives in Wilhelmshaven and hence I immediately had to answer to your post. Welcome!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I thought 'moin' was a danish thing! But ok, we also spell it 'Mojn'!

Hello from a neighbour!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Like the poster above, I am danish to.. we also use moin for hello sometimes

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DerUtho

nanu nanu

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Greetings! Welcome to membership! Hope to see you out on the boards.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use (The complete and end all guide to our policies)
Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice & you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DerUtho

Sadly I am living under somewhat of a time-restaint, which will stop me from being too much of an active partcipant, but this place is quite ...inspirational, thus I won´t remain all silent.

Tach auch !

would you enlarge on time-restraint, as in time travel vs. being in a time restraint facility, such as incarceration of sorts ?

apo connected ?

un tschüss

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
hello, hello, "this is romeo, calling from a jackpot telephone" Melissa Etheridge lyrics. Sorry couldn't resist!

Welcome, you should be able to get some broad and interesting observations. Question? Are you here mostly for observations in your research? You are correct ATS can be inspirational and supportive environment, just don't get tripped by the trolls, lol.

Lost a contact once atop Zugspitze, but then I also thought I saw a celebrity on the cable car on the way up. Less I digress. Welcome have a good time.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Welcome,welcome you've certainly come to the right place,,though a little late in the day.......12 days and counting

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Thank you all for the nice and warm reception!

I was not that sure if anyone would be able to do something with my "moins", but cool!
Never new that this way of greeting is being used in danish as well, but that ain´t too surprising, thinking of the closely knitted histories of some danish and german provinces. Thanks for enlightening me on this linguistic analogy - and so my registration has brought the first benefit! :-D

@expelliamousse
:-D Aren´t we all incarcerated, by some thing or the other?
My time-restraints are, as with most people, generally self-inflicted by lifestyle. Doing a days work - and trying to conduct a ... worthwhile/appropriate social-life can do great harm to ones time to enjoy educational treats.

top topics

join