It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien hairspray may help us find E.T.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Hairspray might one day serve as the sign that aliens have reshaped distant worlds, researchers say. Such research to find signs of alien technology is now open to funding from the public.

www.space.com...

CFCs are entirely artificial, with no known natural process capable of creating them in atmospheres. Detecting signs of these gases on far-off worlds with telescopes might serve as potent evidence that intelligent alien civilizations were the cause, either intentionally as part of terraforming or accidentally via industrial pollution.

This SETI project seems really interesting and could have more chance of success than looking for incoming radio signals.
edit on 8-12-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hold on do we even know aliens have hair?

Best title for a thread ever dude

I hope we find the likkle buggers.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I like it.

Sure, there's the supposed 'cat people', and 'Nordic' type claimed aliens like Billy Meier's Pleiadians, and Adamski's Venusians. They all, according to claims have hair, and with hair comes the potential for hair spray.

I seriously doubt we'll ever find Venusians, Cat People, or Plieadians, ever, even if we suddenly had magic space craft that could travel instantaneously anywhere.

The CFC idea, however, is pretty nifty. More than hairspray produces CFCs, so, if by chance they're detected, it's a pretty good sign that someone's home, and with big enough population producing CFCs to show up in the atmosphere.

cool

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Cat people? wow I wanna find a female cat person......erm that was odd wasn't it?

Links about the cat people please
or pm me some

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

You can find long lists with utterly fantastical descriptions of every imaginable delusion people have imagined regarding aliens by just doing a google search for alien races.

I think the cat people are supposed to be called Lyrians(???). I don't know for sure. There are so many overlapping delusions regarding all these made up fictions, it's difficult telling who's the alien grey hybrid Anunnaki insect reptilian PTB and whats the benevolent light worker Pleiadian Galactic federation of Hoohah from who knows where, and what any of the cat people, bird people, monkey people, elephant people, or any other imaginable animal people to go along with reptiles and insects are doing with each each other and how it applies to Earth and the rest of the Universe.

It's more complicated than watching a Russian translation of Shakespeare done by Germans that don't speak Russian, or English.

Anyway, yeah, enjoy. People do indeed actually think there are cat people out there somewhere.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
we should find those cat people, we could make a killing
by bagging up our dry sand and shipping it to them.

Earth Catbox filler. *lol*

but to the op, that is actually a decent idea they came up
with. One would think CF's would be easier to pick up
and observe than what they are currently doing.

Should be interesting to see what comes of this.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Cute. Any chlorofluorocarbons found in the atmosphere of Venus might raise speculation about air conditioning sooner than hairspray. But yeah, good way to look for clues about inhabitants of exoplanets.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I guess every civilization needs to go through a bad 80's period sometime.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
I guess every civilization needs to go through a bad 80's period sometime.

What do you mean "go through"? I am still there.

new topics

top topics

join