It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atonin Dvorák's Slavonic Dances No. 1 and 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Dvorák was an amazing composer
These songs really opened my eyes to classical music, I can't get enough of it. Hope others can find enjoyment in them as well.

This piece has such intense energy, the first time I heard it I was literally awe struck, lol. Being a musician myself I have a great amount of appreciation for greatness in music, and this definitely fits the bill.

This song is very melancholy, yet at the same time relaxing, like a sort of acceptable sadness. The resolve is awesome as well. I love how it takes your ears on a sort of aural journey.

Feel free to share your favorite classic music with me, I'd love to hear other great composers.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Thank you OP, I love Dvořák too.

The Slavonic Dances are my favorite as well, followed by...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Oh yeah, New World Symphony is epitome of epic.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

All of Dvorak's work is wonderful...though the Stabat Mater is probably my favourite...so hauntingly beautiful and reflective of his personal tradegy...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
This song is very melancholy, yet at the same time relaxing, like a sort of acceptable sadness. The resolve is awesome as well. I love how it takes your ears on a sort of aural journey.

Feel free to share your favorite classic music with me, I'd love to hear other great composers.

Prokoviev's The Scythian Suite...it has a fabulous rawness to it...I love it! At full blast, it really blows out any lurking cobwebs...and carries you away to other times and places...

I can't find it in it's entirety on You Tube...but an excerpt...

edit on 8-12-2012 by KilgoreTrout because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
It's good to hear music that sounds more like film scores rather than traditional "classical"

top topics

join