It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stopped meditating about a year ago and honestly... things have gotten worse..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
So i have spent so much time meditating over the past few years i can't even begin to describe. I have done every sort of meditation you can think of, everything. I have had some seriously potent experiences, a lot of things i have written about on ATS, but for some reason i have stopped recently, about a year ago and I don't really know why.

I have become less creative.

I have lost my intellectual edge in certain regards.

I have become "tired", not physically but spiritually.

I have even lost my competitive edge as an athlete.

I just don't know whats going on. Ever since i have opened my eyes things just aren't the same anymore. I have a hard time getting along with people who live in the dream still. It's not easy. It can be crushing to my self image and as determined as i am, sometimes i want to give up. Watching the world around me and how people interact and treat each other i just don't get it sometimes.

/ end rant

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

What would you like to know?

I could comfort you, If you believe me.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Well i don't know im pretty much just looking to see who else is going through this experience. I'm already getting it into to my head to start again.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Id focus on what you hope to gain... And If that thing truly exists...

I start frothing at the mouth when i hear people talk about nonattachment.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Id focus on what you hope to gain... And If that thing truly exists...
reply to post by Wertdagf

what do you mean

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
What did you think would happen? Meditation gives us the focus and drive to get the things we want most. Think of it like defragging a computer.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
lol

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I dont know what it is that you want but its very likely it doesnt exist.

otherwise you would have already found it.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Think of it like defragging a computer.

Or clearing the built up Cache files.

Once your system gets use to the meditation, it requires it to normalize.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Thats a good way of looking at it. I guess it really is like defragging.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
In meditation, you experience the truth as it is meant for you to experience it. If you learn why meditation brings you to truth, then you non longer need traditional meditation. Meditation can become your natural mode of experience where every minute is meditative.

All you have to do is stop defining and stop interpreting and just watch, because the truth cannot be subjectively conceptualize.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

you need to be honest with yourself as to why you stopped meditating
and you'd better do it fast.
your rapid "decay" could be anything from chi sickness,
to you being in the "dark night of the soul" and/or under Magical Attack

The answers are to be sought within
not here.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Some equate a meditative journey like peeling an onion one layer at a time. Each layer takes us back further and further to a time when maybe traumas occurred and they could be painful to relive. We know this and so become uncomfortable. Its a block to our progress. The longer we avoid facing whatever is causing that "discomfort" the longer it takes to get past it.

Whatever the trauma is we have not dealt with it (properly) and further lessons can't continue until we do. By this I mean returning to meditation and staying in the room past the uncomfortableness, staying in your seat no matter how uncomfortable it becomes or how fidgety you feel making you want to stop and get up. It won't pass all at once, it may take a while, but you must face whatever is around that painful corner as it were.

Don't worry, nothing will be as bad as the real experience that already happened. All that will happen is you will face it for the first time without judgment, just observing whatever it is you see. And usually there is some kind of guide to ease the process. You won't be alone.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I think it is Visualization that makes us more creative. When I believed in Law of Attraction I used to meditate on the things that I wanted, and I would meditate on the feeling of having "it".

After I woke up to "What Is" (from being in my "virtual reality" of mind where I imagine what I want), I tried to find some Virtue to live by, but reality is superior to mental (imagination). Reality is superior to "stopping" the "Mind". Reality still flows whether you are aware or not.

Learn to stay relaxed in reality. Focus on relaxation of The Body.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Why don't you just start meditating again instead of trying to figure out why these things are happening because you stopped.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Meditation feeds the self - the ego, the self-image and the vain imagination. It feeds nothing else. Everything becomes about "me" regardless of what it's gurus claim. It has nothing to do with spirituality and everything to do with worship of self as god. Refrain from it, and your self-image takes a beating. Why? Because you aren't feeding and stroking your vain imagination and ego. What it highlights is that "seeking within" solves nothing because it offers nothing except self-glorification. Your 'fan club' stopped clapping. How about enquiring of your Creator? How about seeking Him? Why don't you ask Him about the reality that you are discovering? His words will tell you to not meditate because of it's deceptiveness and it's consequences. His words will explain why it is that the "meek" shall inherent the Earth - not humans caught up in worship of themselves which exalts every trait incompatible with meekness.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Meditation feeds the self - the ego, the self-image and the vain imagination. It feeds nothing else. Everything becomes about "me" regardless of what it's gurus claim. It has nothing to do with spirituality and everything to do with worship of self as god.

You are so wrong.
Meditation disolves the self. The 'image' of me is seen to be an illusion that does not exist in reality.
When the 'me' (the ego) lifts then all that is left is 'this' - presence.
Only the presence (of the lord) remains.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

You are criticizing; that is not being humble, yet you complain of self-gratification (putting self above others)

Criticizing is putting yourself above all others as a judge. Saying that your beliefs/words just happen to be the same words of the Creator of all existence which you some how have a special connection to - is arrogance.

I heard many people claim to talk to the creator and yet, I've only heard one (you) who ever said meditation was bad...
edit on 8-12-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
How about enquiring of your Creator? How about seeking Him? Why don't you ask Him about the reality that you are discovering? His words will tell you to not meditate because of it's deceptiveness and it's consequences. His words will explain why it is that the "meek" shall inherent the Earth - not humans caught up in worship of themselves which exalts every trait incompatible with meekness.

Do you believe you can hear God speak? Has he really told you not to meditate?
If you want to seek the creator you must return to source.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Stopped meditating about a year ago and honestly... things have gotten worse..

'Things' have got worse. 'Things' are what disappear when meditation is the state. It is the 'things' that make life unbearable, the belief in 'things'.
You think you are a thing in a world full of other things and this is the cause of conflict. There is conflict because there is division.
There are no 'things' to worry about when you realize there is just this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join