It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestion for new Forum Topic....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
MEDIA LIES

It amazes me the headlines that I find on MSM news AND alternative news sites that really catch my eyes and I go to start a thread on it and in the process realize that what they are saying is not true or they have nothing to back up what they are claiming to be a breaking story.

I would really love to see a new forum created by ATS to step up the means to discredit OR give credit to those websites or news media outlets that actually tell the truth and have the facts to back up their stories.

I am sure ATS is watched and monitored and if indeed the motto is to Deny Ignorance, this would be a great way to step up ATS's reputation and also be a great way to show how we are lied to by the media.....

Thoughts?

Let me just add, that some may say this already happens on ATS, but this forum would be for media articles and for those who can disprove the lie with facts versus argueing over ideologies.
edit on 7-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Not a bad idea.

I think we should have a Cops Gone Wild forum topic. Would be nice to have 1 set area for all those stories instead of them being spread out into many different forum topics.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Now that the 2012 forum soon won't be needed. I suggest they create the 3058 Forum. Being that we all know the world is really, totally, going to end in the year 3058...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Word on the street is that the 2012 Forum will become the "Cat Memes Are The Apocalypse Fulfilled" forum - at exactly 11:11 PM GMT on 12/21/12.

( Over 20 years online and that is the first time I have ever been compelled to create a cat meme. Now my soul is truly lost.
)

~Heff

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff I will pray for your soul.
Don't expect too much he don't like me.

Wouldn't this be better in the board forum??
just asking

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
On a slightly more serious note, I should ever so much want a HISTORY forum to be made available for Spiegle history buff's such as Rising Against and other great members

History, hurrah!!!

SS

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
ats member's often wont accept a story without a link to a msm source.
*1st reply* 'hey, have you got a link?'

-that link is an unreliable source.
-that link is a reliable source, but i think they're lying.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Already covered in the Deconstructing Disinformation and Deflection forum!

~Heff

Ooo, instead of "Breaking News" that's where we put the "Broken News." Good to know.

new topics

top topics

join