It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Test Performed in Nevada - They will never learn.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
So many falsehoods here, I don't know where to start. But here goes.

Originally posted by Trueman
If other country does it, we invade them.

I am assuming you are still believing that this was a test of a nuclear weapon. Really, you need to READ what you are commenting about. But back to your statement, exactly what countries has the USA invaded for performing shock wave tests on plutonium? Silence........

We do it, don't worry.. It's just another super cool experiment.

It was an experiment (if I am reading this correctly) to determine how decades-old refined plutonium reacts to shockwaves produced by chemical explosives. Given the sheer numbers of nuclear weapons in existence worldwide, this seems to be something I would want the scientists to know. I don't want things to go boom unless they are TOLD to go boom. And maybe not even then.

Don't need to be a nuclear weapons expert, get moral values in first order.

My morals are in fine working order.... ummm, Thanks?

Besides that, notice it wasn't announced by mass media, you found out in ATS.

The story in the OP was based ON A PRESS RELEASE FROM THE DEPT OF ENERGY. No super-sleuths here, just people failing to read and comprehend. It wasn't on the 'mass media' because it is a non-story.

But the most important reason to go against this is the love and respect for our Mother Earth, this stuff hurts her.

I am not sure how hitting a glob of plutonium with shock waves hurts Mom (considering this same effect would happen with every earthquake), but whatever I guess.

It's sad to have to explain all this.

It most certainly is....

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

No doubt.. the pie isn't as bad as I thought. Thanks for the Ice Cream!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

But the most important reason to go against this is the love and respect for our Mother Earth, this stuff hurts her.

It's sad to have to explain all this.

No, what is sad is to have to explain to well meaning uniformed people that a sub-critical nuclear test in a laboratory is not a war crime and is actually a responsible measure on behalf of a nuclear power.

I would also point out that the worlds combined nuclear arsenals are inconsequential on a planetary scale.

There were over 900 nuclear tests conducted in the confined the space of the Nevada Test Site. While I wouldn't want to live there year round, I can take a bus tour of Yucca Flats with no adverse effect to my health.

Tens of thousands continued to inhabit Hiroshima and Nagasaki after the bombings, they are still both thriving metropolitan cities.

How many people around Fukushima have died from radiation poisoning?

Look at the wildlife explosion around Chernobyl, it can be successfully argued that in the grand scheme the worst nuclear accident in history was the best thing that could have happened to the Chernobyl wildlife.

There are plenty of good arguments against nuclear weapons but the facts at hand say killing the planet isn't one of them.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
I agree that the video doesn't show much....Sounds about like a gun going off.

Yes, it is. The test was performed inside the steel bottle you see through the window, meant to contain the whole of the explosion inside. At the point of the explosion, the gathered data was transmitted outside the bottle through the cabling and within a millisecond or so the stuff inside the bottle was destroyed and the sample of plutonium inside smashed a spread all over the inside. The bottle will be entombed...

The bottle is in an alcove within the U1a cave system (formerly called LYNER) in Area 1 of the NNSS (formerly, the Nevada Test Site). The U1a tunnel is 1000 ft below the surface of Yucca Flat.

This test reportedly used a 1/2 scale model of a Trident reentry package with only 1/8th the usual mass of plutonium in it, not enough to engage a significant chain reaction.

The CTBT (Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty) allows these underground explosive experiments on plutonium as long as they don’t sustain a chain reaction, however the U.S. has not allowed international inspectors access to its test site since the late 1990s

Yeah, right. Most of the good information about this and other activities at U1a, including pictures, come directly from their Nevada lab employees newsletter, online for everyone to see. It is quoted extensively by the green folk who want to turn the NTS into a peace garden. The are monthly tours of the site (they're controlled, of course, and you only see selected parts), but I know there have been international reps at several chemical tests associated with the CTBT and Vela/Uniform.

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Pollux, isn;t that the medical term for thumb?

Close. The series of three tests is known as the Gemini series; the precursor test (included no plutonium) was Castor, Pollux's twin brother. They're also a pair of stars in the constellation Gemini. The Latin for thumb is pollex, from the verb pollere, to be strong.

And we got the face to tell others not to use them ?

Our dear Mother Earth is gonna get mad again. Don't ask why when see volcanos erupting and earthquakes all over.

If you're willing to trust Ahmadinijad with a nuke then I will admire your sense of sense of fairness and condemn your mental processes. Mama Earth can take care of herself.

edit on 26-12-2012 by puncheex because: correecting quotes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join