It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multi-Conscious Astralling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This idea has been mulling around in my noggin for a while.

Take standard astral projection, or meditation, then imagine if this person could perform this in conjunction with not performing it. In our normally accepted view of these phenomenon, you have a person, a singular consciousness, projecting from their body, whom experiences an OBE, an out of body experience, along with whatever unique perspective/experiences that they have during this.

Here's what has got me wondering. If we could somehow attain, or an individual was born with, a "multi" consciousness. Maybe this person(s) is two or more people due to a genetic anomaly, maybe this person(s) has multiple 'spirits', maybe this person(s) is "God", maybe this person(s) is just one consciousness, but uses time diffraction/dilation methods to appear as a multi-consciousness, who the # knows.

Anyway, the supposed mechanisms and labels aside, if a person managed to achieve this multi-consciousness state, does that mean that they could simultaneously astral project during waking hours whilst they do normal things, and mostly appear normal during this state of differentiated consciousness, rather than having to go into deep meditative trance?

The idea is that this person could be carrying on a normal conversation, doing regular activities, and seem completely normal, but in reality they are simultaneously (if you look at time that way) projecting into the 'realm', and possibly even bridging gaps into the minds of others THROUGH that realm (which is all in the mind anyway).

Take it a step further, could it it be possible to somehow utilize this 'multi-consciousness', or time dilation to tap into electronic devices and specific frequencies of electromagnetism (wi-fi) for example.

Aliens?
Ghosts?
Hippie-gurus?
T-rex babies from the future with giant brains?

Your guess...as good as mine.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ProperlyErrant

No you cannot move or act normal while doing astral projection.. It's like watching UNC basketball AND talking to your girlfriend about the kids at work today At the SAME Time.

However. Your consciousness always splits in asral projection you just are not usually conscious of both pieces.. People who get Sleep paralysis are the people who experience the piece of consciousness in the body as another piece projects..

You need to be ALL there to control the body.. It takes a lot of concentration and energy.. Hence Sleeping in the first place being needed...

I have had split consciousness in astral projection where I could feel both consciousnesses. The thing is that your memory is hard to keep because 2 memories are constantly trying to get written down at the same time.

One consciousness would be laying down (body oriented) while another I would be dreaming and "he" would be standing up. then I noticed the other me.. Then I was both, which made a 3rd piece of me come out because something other had to be conscious of both, the third level was the total of it all..

It is all too confusing to maintain for any length of time. Your main mind tries to figure out am I laying down or standing up? And then one will win, and you are either back in your body all the way, or you are back in your dream all the way, lucid too...

Having my own experiences like hearing people in the room, and feeling my arms and legs on the bed, as I am running around a school looking for my class I am way late for.. haha

Here: Check out Robert Bruce..

Source

Robert Bruce (born 1955) is an English-born mystic author living in Australia. Bruce is best known for his studies of Out Of Body Experience, which first became public in the early 1990s through his activity in the alt.out-of-body Internet news group. Over time, he collected and peer-tested his findings in an evolving set of articles, A Treatise on Astral Projection,[1] which he later expanded upon substantially to form his first book, Astral Dynamics, which has sold over 50, 000 copies as of 2008.[2]

In 2008, Robert Bruce was listed as one of the world’s foremost OBE experts by EnlightenmentNext magazine.[3]

The Mind Split Effect

A key concept in Bruce's theory of projection is the Mind Split Effect.[8] In contrast to the traditional view that projection leaves the physical body empty of consciousness, Bruce's interpretation is that physical consciousness remains in-situ, but is subject to a duplication process. According to this theory, after duplication the multiple versions of a projector's consciousness operate largely independently, building up separate but simultaneous memory traces that compete when they recombine (cf. Schroedinger's cat), confusing later recollections.[9][10]

Mind Split Effect - OBE Great link explains it all.. Actually You can get the whole book "Astral Dynamics" It's free from his site.. That book was what got me out of body. It's not just techniques, it's like a whole system.
edit on 12/7/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Sounds like you're talking about bi-location.

In any case, your post reminded me of a Rumi poem.

'This being human is a guest house
Every morning a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes

as an unexpected visitor.
Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they are a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house

empty of its furniture,
still treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out for some new delight.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice,

meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.
Be grateful for whoever comes,
because each has been sent

as a guide from beyond.'

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ProperlyErrant

Try this idea,

Imagine that every spirit in the world is one drop in a ocean of consciousness.

That spirit has to enter into a physical body to press keys on a keyboard to interact with other spirits.

The powers that be have made it look like a spirit is contained (imprisoned) within a host body when in actual fact every spirit is free on the astral plane and 'lives' by possessing and controlling a host body.

Now if a body is possessed by multiply spirits then your idea of 'Multi-Conscious Astralling' is true.

According to new-agers, it will soon be possible to freely interact between the astral and physical world after 21-Dec-2012.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProperlyErrant

Here's what has got me wondering. If we could somehow attain, or an individual was born with, a "multi" consciousness. Maybe this person(s) is two or more people due to a genetic anomaly, maybe this person(s) has multiple 'spirits', maybe this person(s) is "God", maybe this person(s) is just one consciousness, but uses time diffraction/dilation methods to appear as a multi-consciousness, who the [delete] knows.

Try this.

It involves what are called, Chimeras.

There is even a video of a real chimera cat with a 50/50 face. i thought it was a PhotoShop picture only to be shown a link to a video. Another video shows the same cat on a USA chat show so its not a YouTube HOAX.

timenolonger.ning.com...

It is then, maybe another obvious question to be answered as to what might become of two spirits in one body after death.

The cat is quite amazing, half face with black fur and green eye. The other half, ginger fur with blue eye.

new topics

top topics

join