It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Gangnam Style’ rapper Psy used to rap about murdering American soldiers and their families.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Psy, the South Korean rapper whose viral pop hit “Gangnam Style” has been viewed over 900 million times on YouTube, is expected to sing for the President and First Lady Michelle Obama on Sunday night at “Christmas in Washington,” the annual holiday concert held at the National Building Museum.

One carol he won’t be peforming: “Dear American,” a song about a decade old in which Psy reportedly raps about “slowly and painfully” killing American soldiers and their family members. The 34-year-old global pop sensation performed the song at a 2002 protest concert against the presence of U.S. troops in South Korea.

Source

Well, he should fit in well with the current crowd at the white house ... I kid.

But seriously, aren’t South Koreans who think like this the most ungrateful people on the planet? They live just miles from the worlds larges prison camp called “North Korea”, which thanks to U.S. military action, did not conquer the South in the 1950s. And thanks to the U.S. military presence on the peninsula, Koreans like Psy have been able to live free and make one of the most prosperous nations on the planet. If it wasn't for America, he'd be planting rice in paddys fertilized with human waste and living in a one room dwelling … that is when he wasn’t performing his special kind of dancing as part of the mass choreographed tributes to one of the “dear leaders”.
edit on 7-12-2012 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Obama only cares about being 'cool and relevant'.

Had this Psy guy never made that stupid song he'd still be living in his mom's house.

Oh the west and their entertainment.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Context is KING!

link

The performance was in response to the 2002 death of two Korean school girls, who were killed in an accident with an American military vehicle outside of Seoul, according to Korean Web site BusanHaps. The soldiers driving the tank were acquitted by a US military court.

I think that we'd be understandably angry if some foreign military were in our country and killed some kids and they got off scott free.

In any case we've had performers here in this country sing about killing cops, calling women degrading names etc.

As americans we should realize that what he said is covered under our freedom of expression. And he was expressing harder than Samuel L Jackson.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

If we had a foreign military on our soil, killing civilians without being held accountable, our own pop stars would be singing songs about killing them, as well.

That was during a time when there was a high profile case of America soldiers running over some Korean girls and getting away with it. Also, about 3/4 of South Koreans were against helping in the Iraq war and blamed America for dragging them into it. Don't forget how angry we would be with an occupying force on our soil. Imagine the outrage if we allowed Chinese soldiers to set up bases in Texas and then their presence cause civilian casualties.

I'd bet the hatred wouldn't stop at silly pop songs in that case.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Add to that a missionary being beheaded because south korea wouldn't pull out of the war.
Not a good mix.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I dont know if you've ever been behind the wheel of a M60A1 AVLB, but its pretty tough to see out of one when its buttoned up. It was an accident, and accident happen. No one got off “scott free”.

The Korean organizations who want to see the US out of the peninsula, apparently so they can welcome with open arms their North Korean brothers, decided to play the demagogue and use this incident to stir up anti-US sentiment. One of the more notorious stories that went viral on the web was how the members of Bravo Company, 44th Engineer Battalion, 2nd USID were laughing and yucking it up after the two girls were killed. The mocking of the incident, or so the viral story went, so infuriated the Korean Augmentee’s that a running brawl broke out between the two forces.

Naturally, NONE of this actually happened, but for those predisposed to believe this garbage ate it up.

So Psy rapped about his desire to kill US servicemen station on the peninsula to protect his ungrateful tookas and their families based on what any rational person would be able to see as a transparent lie from the suual suspects.

So yes, context is everything.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
You know, I'd call it even if they invite Lee Greenwood to perform at the White House as well. Some balance right? One who hates the troops with an ugly passion and one who respects and almost loves the guys. That would be a fair thing.

Of course....fat chance in this life. lol

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
reply to post by grey580

I dont know if you've ever been behind the wheel of a M60A1 AVLB, but its pretty tough to see out of one when its buttoned up. It was an accident, and accident happen. No one got off “scott free”.

The Korean organizations who want to see the US out of the peninsula, apparently so they can welcome with open arms their North Korean brothers, decided to play the demagogue and use this incident to stir up anti-US sentiment. One of the more notorious stories that went viral on the web was how the members of Bravo Company, 44th Engineer Battalion, 2nd USID were laughing and yucking it up after the two girls were killed. The mocking of the incident, or so the viral story went, so infuriated the Korean Augmentee’s that a running brawl broke out between the two forces.

Naturally, NONE of this actually happened, but for those predisposed to believe this garbage ate it up.

So Psy rapped about his desire to kill US servicemen station on the peninsula to protect his ungrateful tookas and their families based on what any rational person would be able to see as a transparent lie from the suual suspects.

So if Korean soldiers accidentally ran over kids in your town, didn't go to jail, and still maintained a military presence in that town... you'd be cool with that? Don't you think Garth Brooks would sing about dead Korean soldiers and freedom fries? You don't think the Tea Party would be holding signs up with delightful racist demands to kill them?

Violent songs are ugly songs but you need to keep things in perspective here.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

reply to post by grey580

So if Korean soldiers accidentally ran over kids in your town, didn't go to jail, and still maintained a military presence in that town... you'd be cool with that? Don't you think Garth Brooks would sing about dead Korean soldiers and freedom fries? You don't think the Tea Party would be holding signs up with delightful racist demands to kill them?

If it was an accident and no malicious intent or negligence was involved and my town was ten miles south of the DMZ, I would want them to stay.

Yes perspective indeed.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

So you're saying that anyone that drives one of those vehicles would know that it's hard to see out of.

So knowingly driving one without taking extra precautions to detect pedestrians would be negligence wouldn't it.

I understand that it was probably an accident. But that doesn't bring back the 2 girls.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

reply to post by grey580

If it was an accident and no malicious intent or negligence was involved and my town was ten miles south of the DMZ, I would want them to stay.

Yes perspective indeed.

So just to reiterate, you would think that Texans, Tea Party, and Garth Brooks would all think that an foreign friendly occupying military force is just dandy?

I think foreign soldiers could be bringing flowers to every citizen on a daily basis and even mow the city's lawns and locals would still be trying to chase them out with torches and pitchforks. It's a foreign military. On your soil. We would flip out over that.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Ever been to Kyongi province? Lots of one way roads, no sidewalks and many blind corners.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
You know, I'd call it even if they invite Lee Greenwood to perform at the White House as well. Some balance right? One who hates the troops with an ugly passion and one who respects and almost loves the guys. That would be a fair thing.

Of course....fat chance in this life. lol

This guy is pretty much in that vein and he'll be showing up.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

So that means that you would have to be even more careful.
No?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Isn't this something we see on ATS consistently? When the government of a country is responsible, it seems way too easy to blame the PEOPLE of that country!

Take a look around you and realize, that it is the governments who create death and wars, not the people!

Psy seems to fit into the same category as a lot of Americans if you ask me.........Just another simple human being that can't think enough to realize that people are people and governments are the criminals.
edit on 7-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

In any case we've had performers here in this country sing about killing cops, calling women degrading names etc.

You are 100% right about that. You're also entirely right that nothing this rapper sings or says is outrageous by today's standards to even joke about being outside 1st Amendment protections. Far from it, of couse.

On the other hand......Until Baby Bush disgraced the House with his presence for 8 years ...to lead to the second 8 year set....Who performed at the White House was entirely and TOTALLY removed from who "could" or who 'isn't offensive enough to be denied'.

Once upon a time, the White House was the pinnacle of a person't career to be invited to perform at. The best and the most talented of any given area may be invited to entertain the leaders or dignitaries of the world. A major honor indeed. Now? Well... I'll leave out the photos of Halloween Parties or stories of catch being played in the China Room....but low class is what this has become. Utterly, totally low class to the standards of the Office and the White House itself. It didn't start in 2009. It starts in 2001.

However, Obama doesn't need to use past low class behavior as an excuse to add to it. He could be Presidential and take a stand for returning the White House to a place of high honor to be asked to perform at. It would be nice to see, IMO.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

North Koreas situation is to blame on America and the Bush family. So I do understand what your saying. The events around Korea are more complicated...

"If it wasn't for America you'd be F'd" Doesn't cut it anymore. Too many false flags

Edit.: North Korea is definitely a bad place either way. What I mean is corrupt groups in America benefit from North Korea having such a bad unstable image. And America has helped keep it that way.
edit on 7-12-2012 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

But seriously, aren’t South Koreans who think like this the most ungrateful people on the planet?

No I would say they are more than realist.

I've said way worse about America and Americans and I still wouldn't apologize for it.

You know why? Because a lot of it is justified.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by Cuervo

Add to that a missionary being beheaded because south korea wouldn't pull out of the war.
Not a good mix.

Oh my god..

SO a Korean god botherer goes to the middle east to preach christianity, is kidnapped by an islamic extremist group who want everyone one of their holy lands, kills the guy and releases a video of his screaming for mercy, and STILL it's the US fault.

Jesus christ....

edit on 7-12-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

There's more to the story.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join