It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Wolves" Ad is incredibly bad taste.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Not only is the ad hilarious, it's also stupidly done. It's a common misconception that wolves are aggressive human chasing hunters. They're aggressive but only when provoked. Wolves have a natural fear of humans due to their size, wolves may become fearless if they are around humans alot which is why you dont keep them as pets

For those who havent seen it...

Have you seen George W. Bush's latest campaign adthe one with the wolves? A shaky hand-held camera moves through a forest at twilight. Suddenly a wolf darts across the screen, then another, until finally we see a whole pack of wolves, rising from their slumber to come get us. Over a soundtrack of rustling leaves and spooky music, the narratora breathy womansays:

In an increasingly dangerous world, even after the first terrorist attack on America, John Kerry and the liberals in Congress voted to slash America's intelligence operations. By $6 billion. Cuts so deep, they would have weakened America's defenses. And weakness attracts those who are waiting to do America harm.

Slate

There has NEVER been a documented case of a wild wolf attacking killing a human in North America. Oh, and October 17-23 is Wolf Awareness Week where people try to dull these common misconceptions and educate people on the true nature of canis lupus. Wolf Awareness Week is celebrated nationally but is a big thing amongst rural communities in Michigan, Minnesota and Ohio. All 3 of those being swing states.

Wolfpacks For Truth

George W Bush, Crying Wolf.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I am now so scared I am shaking.

This is the second time I completely agree with Nerdling-*Whimpers-Please help me*

I have not personally seen the ad, but have read about it. It is political mud slinging at its best/worst.

IMO- Bush has so abused the terror alert system that most people are numb to it, so he needs a new tactic to scare people into voting for him.

His ad does not scare me, but the thought of 4 more years of Bush does.

If this does not seem to work-October Surprise anyone?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I agree Valhall,
They were trying to get the same feels of a world terror, which Regean used with his bear commercial. Not going to work.Unless you one of the paranoid masses.
Will work on Republican though
poor mindless sheep.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie
poor mindless sheep.

Exactly why it is shown in the US. There are plenty of mindless Democrats as well, hell there are plenty of mindless Americans.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
There has NEVER been a documented case of a wild wolf attacking killing a human in North America.

I wonder why that is?

Wolf Attacks

[edit on 23-10-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Valkeryie,

This may be a minor point, but the only two posters on this thread before you were Nerdling and me, Mrmonsoon.

If Valhall did post anything, it was removed by a mod and never seen by me in the last 3 min.

Don't know what your smoking, but I want some-Please

PS-just kidding-I make more posting errors than all rest of board members combined.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Sorry, meant to say Nerdling, not smoking anything just haven't had my coffee yet. Sorry to both Valhall and Nerdling my bad.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Wolfpacks For Truth

I highly recommend the official Wolf rebuttal above.

As I do this defense of George Bush's Advertising by Angry American Patriot Bob Boudelang.

"Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf!"

Well, I guess there could not be anything that shows clearer what a danger John Kerry is than Our Great President's new ad that says "Wolf!" That is the message everyone should take away from us Republicans as they try to vote if they are allowed to this November: "Wolf!"

"Wolf!" is an exciting new tack in the George W. Bush campaign to tell Americans how unsafe they would be if John Skerry is elected, and not at all like all the other times he has told Americans how unsafe they would be if John Skerry is elected. That is why I am so excited about "Wolf!" I know others are, too, because I see them smile and sometimes point as I walk down the street with my "W" hairdo, holding my handmade "George W. Bush is not an incompetent drunk so stop saying that!" sign and shouting "Wolf!" So there.

Bob Boudelang is a Republican Team Leader who has never had a flu shot or herpes in his life and is proud of it. You can reach him at bobboudelang@yahoo.com if you have an extra ticket to Thighland.

And for those not as scared of needles and nature as Republican Team Leader Bob Boudelang and George W. Bush, here's how you can Adopt A Wolf of your very own.

This howling plush wolf pup is yours when you "adopt" a wolf today!

Please don't hate nature.

Please don't kill the puppies, Mr. Bush.

Mommy? Mommy? Why does the bad man hate "Promise ?"

[edit on 23-10-2004 by RANT]

new topics

top topics

join