It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aerials and the last generation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hi. I have loved the book Childhoods End by Arthur C. Clarke for some time now, and tend to think it is prophetic and I think we are about to see the return of the "gods" in the next few weeks....I also used to like the band System of a Down, particularly the song "aerials." Most people seem to have no idea what this song is about....I think I get it. Just listen to this song, particularly the bass beat in the beginning and the abrupt end of the song, oh yeah and the lyrics...."aerials in the sky, when you lose small mind eternal prize, aerials so up high when you lose your mind eternal prize...." "spinning through the void we HEAR THE WORD we lose OURSELVES BUT WE FIND IT ALL" Think about the sky sounds (sounds like the bullroarer which the australian aborigines called the voice of god voice of god
Is humanity about to join the oversoul with the help from our creators???? Or am I losing it?
edit on 7-12-2012 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Is humanity about to join the oversoul???? Or am I losing it?

No , your losing it

Love SOAD though and Aerials is a classic , Johns drumming on the track is awesome

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

What is your take on the songs meaning?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Love both the song and the video. Makes me feel sad... in a good way. :-)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

What is your take on the songs meaning?

TBH I've never really thought about it other than taking Aerials in the sky to mean Satellites , some SOAD songs do have meaning as in Boom or Prison song but I'm not sure all of them do .

After reviewing the video I get the usual SOAD theme of people screwing over others for gain .
Time for a new album me thinks

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Well, there is the little "hybrid" boy in the video. Don't know whether it was meant literally or as a metaphor for childhood alienation. Kid gives me chills.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Life is a waterfall
We’re one in the river
And one again after the fall

Yep, seems way too vague to draw any meaning haha

Thanks OP. forgot about this song. But it was one of those defining songs which accompanied a significant stage of my life. Thank you for helping me relive the significance.
edit on 7-12-2012 by redreemer because: spelling

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Life is a waterfall
We’re one in the river
And one again after the fall

Could mean something spiritual

One in the river representing = our physical life on earth with one body one soul
The waterfall = death and joining the pool of souls with all others
One again after the fall = reincarnation, going back to physical life with one body one soul

Aerials and sky = could be angels and heaven

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
cool...I remember that song, never saw the video though...
I'm not deep, very superficial.

what I see in the video...
the boy, something new different, angel alien artist whatever...
gets caught up in the fame and fancy of the world...
enjoys all the latest fads and treasures...
and lyes down like the rest of us...

The end

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
"lose your mind"

The mind is a subjective experience creator. It works by analyzing your experience, labeling it, and trying to direct your beliefs into reality.

Beliefs are not and never can be reality. F### journey. Stop believing. Just watch. Then you will end your self proclaimed version of reality and experience the reality that was intended for you to watch. The one that a human should see instead of the one that a human believes it should see.

new topics

top topics

join