It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kate/William 'deeply saddened' to hear 'excellent' nurse who put through Australian DJs' hoax

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Special Branch at work?

Punishment for exposing Royal information.

Very suspicious indeed.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
It was the nurse I believe?

And the police are saying the death is "unexplained" but are not looking for anyone else in connection with it and are not treating it suspiciously.

:shk:

Man...

I think that is odd.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Now you tell me....if you were duped by this call....would you commit suicide?

A good friend of mine is an Registered Nurse....and this would have been a major breech. Don't forget, that this nurse was criticized and frowned down by ALL THE OTHER DOCTORS AND MEDICAL STAFF. She probably got a lot of staff talking sh** to her about her mistake and couldn't handle the pressure.

I feel bad for the nurse It was an honest mistake at 5:30 am...and she was probably about to end her night shift routine and was bagged tired!
edit on 7-12-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I think that is odd.

Oh it's way more than odd.

A coroner would usually take 4-5 days to deliver his/her verdict and then maybe a couple more days before the public got to hear what it was.

In this case, they're saying the death is "unexplained" but they "are not looking for anyone else in connection with the death" and that "It is not being treated suspiciously"

Already the story/case is closed "poor woman killed herself over the guilt"

That is very definition of Odd!!

edit on 7/12/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
For those of you who don't know, nurses have access to all sorts of narcotics. The nurse could have easily accessed them and OD on them too.

So right now it is unexplained what narcotic she could have consumed.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by blupblup
It was the nurse I believe?

And the police are saying the death is "unexplained" but are not looking for anyone else in connection with it and are not treating it suspiciously.

:shk:

Man...

I think that is odd.

For as long as i can remember that's always been police speak for 'suicide, but we'll only officially confirm it when the autopsy is done'.

-----

Thanks blup blup and the other member for the video links, unfortunately i wont be able to play them until midnight when Three network stops throttling my tethered net access.

I think the sheeple of the englsh speaking world are also partially to blame for this incident. They are obsessed with celebrity and lap up anything to do with the royals. If there wasn't such interest there would have been no percieved benefit for the DJs, and therefore no prank call.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

A coroner would usually take 4-5 days to deliver his/her verdict and then maybe a couple more days before the public got to hear what it was.

Yes, they would,hmmmm

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Are you actually serious? The nurse in question thought she was talking to a member of the Royal Family - in which case she did not think that she was making a breach of confidence at the time. That she was foolish enough to believe the phone call is no reason to suppose that she meaningfully breached the guidelines. It was a bloody hoax for crying out load. The best of us can be caught off guard by them.

In any event, this whole affair is no reason to take one's life. It is a trifling incident, and I seriously doubt that she actually did commit suicide.

Take these two odd lines in the Independent:

'The death is being treated as unexplained...'

which is then transformed into:

'Sources say Ms Saldanha’s death is not being treated as suspicious.'

Very puzzling indeed..

www.independent.co.uk... suspected-suicide-8393289.html

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I don't believe this story one bit. I didn't even believe it before the "suicide".

There is no way the nurses would give out information without some type of code word or on special secured phones.

The Royals had a few big phone tapping incidents (remember Charles and the tampon?). They would have learned from this and taken steps to secure information. It's not only the press but also terrorists. I bet every call to the hospital was monitored by a security team.

Plus, I'm not sure if it works the same way in England but here in the US there is no way a nurse is going to give out medical information without written consent.

My take on this one? I thought it was strange the media was giving this hoax so much attention. I think it was set-up right from the start to give Kate a little privacy. Because right now, it would deter the media from trying to invade her and the other elites privacy. It would turn public against them and give them motivation to pass new laws.

Would they murder someone for this? Maybe... However, it's not hard to fake a person's death either.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
probably got fired too.
she was probably thinking she would be black listed for life and that she would have no way to support herself or her family. who knows. there are countless possible reasons. what i find odd is that she would feel compelled to give that information to anyone on a telephone.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
OMG I hope those two radio people feel really guilty.
I said it wasn't fair on the poor nurse at the time.
I'm shocked honestly..all for the sake of a giggle.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Oh lighten up you bore!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Murder?...seriously? *shakes head*

The lady in question was a nurse who transferred the call...she didn't give out any confidential information.

As for the prank itself....regardless of whether royalty were involved or not, i see nothing remotely funny about someone prank calling a hospital at 5 30 am ...where the people working are involved with looking after vulnerable sick or ill people. It is a total disregard for respect to be wasting hospital staffs time just for "laughs" when they have an important job to do!

Who knows what else was going on in this woman's life....but the pranksters can at least feel proud they contributed...I wonder if they are laughing now?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Many Americans will not understand the hyper-reality of importance placed on the Royals of Britain, the protocols and behaviour that is to be observed around them. They are treated with an almost messianic fervour by those that serve them. It is medieval and primitive and does not belong to the 21st century.

The two idiotic DJs that made the prank call, obviously did not want such a tragedy to occur, but they played their unwitting part...that is a fact! They will be hounded, and will have to go into hiding all because of a lack of professional judgement.

A husband and 2 children have today no mother because of a prank call, and the way the system here in Britain treats the royals. The nurse's psychological state after realising what had transpired, the way the media over inflated it, and the way the radio show calls it 'all an inconvenience', made this poor woman feel so ashamed of herself, that she took her own life.

No doubt, conspiracy theorists will run with this one with loony tune theories. We place way too much importance on people whom are often less gifted than those that serve them, and the media keeps the illusion in place.

What a sad indictment of our species, our societies, and our behaviours this incident is!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
The original prank was not funny, Kate having her privacy invaded and then broadcast was not funny and the girl dying is not funny.

The Radio DJ's who caused all the trouble should be sacked at the very least!

Whether the prank was funny or not is simply unimportant, it is personally subjective, yet you talk about it as though it were fact and has a bearing on this womans death.

The DJ’s should absolutely not be sacked or sanctioned in any way because pranks like this have been occurring since the dawn of telephones, if they were not funny the practice would have died a natural death
Nobody knows how or why this woman died so portioning blame based on personal beliefs of what is funny or not is crazy…..freedom should be paramount and society should learn that being offended won’t cause you any physical harm…..society should be more accepting and less judgemental.

Finally the DJ’s did not cause all the trouble they were simply the catalyst for the events that transpired. Simply because the prank was aimed at the royals does not justify apportioning blame, the royals love being popular, its their job ffs so Kate choosing to put herself at the top of the celebrity “look at me” tree should expect no more privacy that society grants me, which by the way is zero.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

The prank comes when you realise that the Royal family are a throw-back to the medieval days and yet they are treated as if the sun shines out of their collective arses. The prank comes when you realise that this out-moded and pathologically unjust institution should not be respected but mocked at every available opportunity. So the presenters phoned the hospital and asked how a patient was doing. Big fecking deal! It hardly means they should be sent to the Tower of London!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
A sad indictment of the way conspiracy theorists think that so many assume something more suspicious about this tragic event.

Whilst the shame and embarassment caused to this poor nurse would not cause most people to commit suicide, the fact is that some people react differently to you and I. And that's why you should always think twice before pranking someone you do not know.

Anyway, the 2 Aussie shock jocks have now made international headlines twice in one week. I wonder how they feel about that?

link   
Heads are starting to roll.

The DJs are getting crucified on Twitter - they both deleted their accounts.

That may sound insignificant to some, but that's the first step in damage control these days.

I expect them fired by Monday.

The British and the Royals are striking back at that hoax played on them.

As for the nurse (RIP), who knows what happened...
edit on 7-12-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Parallaxed

Lighten up? Lighten up... some poor woman has just died because of a prank phone call.
I do not know what was happening in this womens life but like someone said it may have been the tipping point.
I tried to put myself in the two womens position and I would have not thought "Oh it has to be a prank" and I woulda fallen for it but what those two radio people didn't think about is patient confidentiality is serious and I have seen 2 nurses get fired for breaking it.
Maybe she was about to get fired but they will never tell us that now she is dead.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

I think a much sadder thing is that people are so willing to believe the appearance of reality without digging beneath the surface. Yes, for all we know, she might well have taken her life thanks to the hoax of two radio presenters. That is a feasible possibility. But it is also possible to theorise that she was murdered for leaking information about the Royal family and that the breach is being used to create harsher laws against information sharing. Both positions contain a modicum of truth. Why not learn to think dialectically instead of simply taking up a single position on this story? After all, it has only just broken!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join