It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright lights flash across Texas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Good Morning ATS. Many residents are reporting seeing bright lights flashing across Texas this morning around 6:40 cst. Unfortunately for me that is when my alarm goes off and so I did not witness the flash, but it is all over Facebook so I wanted to share here and see if anyone saw the lights. It is being reported from Rockport to Dallas, and everywhere in between which is quite a large area. One meteorologists speculates it the Geminids. I don't know about that..

KHOU 11 Houston
ABC 13 Facebook page

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by christine76

Interesting, I hope someone nabbed some pictures, or a video.

Will keep this thread posted, hoping for updates.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
We had some flashing lights in Mcallen , Tx

A different person caught the same lights on different video ...cant find it right now though.
edit on 7-12-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen

Doesnt fit the same description.

"shooting star"-like object
the fireball, which reportedly had a long trail behind it.
only lasted a few seconds

The most plausible answer is the one given in the article.

the object may have been from the Geminids meteor shower

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

edit on 12/7/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

link   
There was a thread on here about increase in meteors this month. Possibly could be the answer ill see if I can find it..

There we go
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-12-2012 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added link

link   

Originally posted by ElOmen

A different person caught the same lights on different video ...cant find it right now though.
edit on 7-12-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

That video is from a week or so ago, so not the same lights as in article.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I saw it at 6:40. White to greenish light, streaking polar to horizon directly south from I45 @ Loop 12, white burst abour 30-45 degrees off horizon, then darkness - no sound,. Sky was extremely overcast so it may have gone behind heavier cloud cover.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I too also saw lights flashing in the sky this morning at around 5:40 A.M. I'm in the Louisville, KY area. Tough it was cloudy I just chalked it up to being lightning. I'm not so sure now, with this report and the one in the U.K. that got posted this morning. Strange things are afoot.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Look here for a couple of pics from this morning's sightings...

Houston Chron

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Here is a picture from Channel 2. I'm not really sure what to think since more and more people are now stating that they saw a flash of light yesterday too. Also, the sightings are so widespread. We've had meteor showers before and I don't remember so many people reporting it.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

I'm not going to say it isn't the Geminids, but it seems odd to have so many people reporting on it when there have been meteors before. Maybe everyone is just on "high alert" for anything unusual..

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
WFAA (DFW) has a story up Mysterious bright flash in sky reported across Texas complete with another picture showing what looks like a sundog/reflection

This event occurred during my wife's drive-time and I asked her. She mentioned seeing something like a flash but she thought it was simply headlights of another car.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Nobody is connecting it to the thread about Texas power poles bursting into flames?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I did think about it! But I read the other thread and didn't quite see a connection, but who knows? I hate to overthink anything and be all doomy-gloomy the end is nigh.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

My co-worker, who drives in 30 minutes ahead of me, said the same thing! That she was driving to work @ 6:45 and she saw a flash too, but at the time she was looking down at her phone
and attributed to either lightning or another car flashing their high beams. It's been very foggy this week and we are out in the country, about 40 miles SW of Houston. She didn't think anything of it until I mentioned it from what I was reading online.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I have been seeing almost the exact same thing where i live in the thumb area of michigan. Ive witnessed them along with a few friends about three separate times now, an we see at least 5 of them at the same time. Theyll move from side to side, up and down, but very slowly as well as getting very bright and dim. Another odd thing about it is there will be numerous amounts of planes flying around them. After about 15 minutes or so theyll zoom away. Deffinatly something out of the norm here, whether its a military experiment or whatever, it still seems to keep me wondering. Ive been trying to capture a video on my cell Phone but my camera is obviously not strong enough. I have a legit video camera ready for when i see them again so hopefully i can catch a good one.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TarusTheBull

Three separate times and not even a cell phone pic? Come on man, anything captured might have shown something. Sounds really interesting and I hope you are able to get it recorded. I think I'd be camped out to see it again!
edit on 7-12-2012 by christine76 because: Grammatical error

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by christine76

I have tried every single time, however my cell phone camera wasnt strong enough to capture them. All i have is a few videos of me trying to capture them but all you can see is the lights from the houses, and hear us going on about how bizzare it is. I had a friend who was able to let me barrow his video camer that should be able to capture them, so im on nightwatch as of right now. Hopefully they come around soon, I'll post it as soon as i get it, hang in there.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Local news station finally has viewers picture gallery. It's hard to say that all of the pictures are of the same thing, but reading the comments people were leaving on the various news sites and Facebook, one person did mention chemtrails. There aren't normally chem(con)trails left by meteors. A tail maybe, but not a chemtrail as one of the pictures shows.
edit on 7-12-2012 by christine76 because: added more

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join