It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Is Trying To Track You.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Yep, You tube has been at me to change my 'hard to read username'to my full name and you don't get a clear 'no thanks' option or an X to close the window. Then it tries to corner you about why you didnt take them up on it. It was taken over by google and the entire system of linking facebook and twitter is just a way to link all your info together, not because it benefits you though. The Gov isn't allowed to compile personal info on you, but given the social networking sites everyone is only too happy to publicly post almost anything. If you 'like' anything youre just silly. I don't do twitter or FB although I'm harldy noteworthy. The whole idea just makes me uncomfortable. Add to that the proposed facial recognition software that will automatically recognise you in peoples photos and link that all together for you....smart mannequins will soon be looking us up and suggesting things they know we like. Chocolate bars thats wrappers notify of a GPS location when opened...these are all real, now imagine being on the wrong side of the people who track this information.
Say I have info that proves Osama died of Marphan syndrome shortly after 9/11.....that would reveal the entire governmental system is complicit in the 'terror acts' and all the subsequent cover ups....what chance would I have? 'She lives in northern ireland, attends anti fur protests with NARA and they have a rally on the 4th. at location X. She has children who would be attending X school. She used her cell phone to update facebook at X. Her relatives and close friends are.....I need my tinfoil hat today XD

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Yupper, and Google = whichever multinational financial corporation(s) funded them into existence. Funding = loans, loans=debt and, as we all should know by now, debt=control, so it doesn't matter what the rein-holders at Google want to do, if they go against their financiers, they lose their funding and end up in a very serious fiscal situation, possibly even including lawsuits. The funny thing is, I never said that Youtube or Google were, in themselves, evil. And yet, everyone in this particular thread that has jumped on my hindparts harassing me about how ridiculous that sounds all assumed that that is what I was implying. Some people need to realize that I don't imply things. If I wanna say it, I'm going to, and if people don't like it, inseh, feel free to disregard.
edit on 8/12/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I made a new gmail account that signed me up for google+. Then I made a youtube account and it used my google+ name without asking. So, #. My real name is on my public youtube. I had to change my google+ name and then searched for 3 hours to find out how to get a real username. I ended up having to ask on google's support forums. It's just google being google, tracking everything.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I agreed with. The same thing.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

...It is all about the money dumbasses...there is no hidden conspiracy here...youtube wants to sell your information to advertisers that want to sell you their worthless #...(Merry Fn Christmas)
Dirt

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Just a minor thing I noticed. Has anyone else noticed this?

Youtube as a Zionist spy/tracking operation is not a mere thing, and is surely not something that we should take lightly. You (the OP) stated that these are just "minor things" but they are not just "minor things" - they are major things. The Zionist's, in league with Mossad, are not only in total control of Youtube, but they own the internet in all of its functions in everything from social networking to buying and selling to search engines and general information as transmitted over the internet. All internet and all telecommunications transactions in America (and the world) are under the control of the Zionist/Mossad operatives who then pass it on to the intelligence/spying agencies such as the NSA, CIA, FBI etc.

The Zionist's are tracking your every move - your every click allows them to trace and to track your actions, and your every decision. Essentially they have usurped your freedom and your free will. You are being watched - you are being controlled by the Zionist/Mossad cabal that is in control of every aspect of life in the United States of America.

Briefly: The Zionist terror/intelligence operation Mossad: is a shell organization for Jewish/Israeli terrorism all over the world. Their specialty is False Flags: Committing an atrocious act, such as 9/11 and blaming another party or nation for it. The point is to turn public opinion against an entity, and have someone else go to war for Israeli interests.

The Zionist's have created the so-called "War on Terror." In so doing they have actually succeeded in turning the United States against itself and the rest of the world. A major accomplishment in this regard is best exemplified in Mossad's takeover and ultimate subversion of our nations state and local police force(s).

For example the Zionist's, in concert with Mossad, have infiltrated the United States to the extent that they are operative in most local police departments, and sheriffs offices throughout the nation. These once ordinary police officers have been, and are now being trained (mind controlled actually) in special techniques by the Israelis and Mossad. These activities are promoted in the USA by the SPLC and the ADL who are funded through AIPAC - these form a troika as evil the Stasi, and as pernicious as anything we have seen in Communist Russia and Communist China.

Be on your guard - Zionism is alive and well in America

PS - Just this morning I looked at the bottom of the page on an article I was reading from the news website of "The Telegraph" and - without my having done a thing - my full name and picture appeared in the 'comments' window from a old Facebook acct. that was "closed" years ago.

edit on 8-12-2012 by Gregorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Might be a pointless thread, but those of you with a youtube account, I'm sure you've noticed by now, or if not, you will soon.

When I tried to comment on a video, a pop up appeared, telling me to change my "hard to read" username to the name I'm "most well known as." It wanted me to use my full name for my youtube account.

Didn't youtube used to be kind of strict about name changing?

Anyway, when I refused to change my youtube username, the pop up then demanded that I select a reason as to WHY I didn't want to change it. There were about six options, can't remember them all. One said "My account is named after a fictional character, so I can't use my real name" One said "My account if made for a cause or organisation, so I can't use my real name" and it had a few other options similar to those.

And is it me, or is youtube becoming much better at remembering every video you watch? Ever see a video in the side menu that's related to a video you watched a month ago?

Just a minor thing I noticed. Has anyone else noticed this?

edit on 7-12-2012 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

I got that same question on my yt account. I refused to even answer the freaking question and left. This week I wanted to empty out my hotmail account that is linked to my yt acc. It was blocked, hacked they say. It can only be unblocked if I tell as much about me as possible. (I could even post my credit card number (which I don't have.)) Phone number, address, zipcode, name, surname, my pets name, you name it, they want it.

They can scrape it off a wall in a public toilet.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Youtube keeps the record of every video we searched there.They force us to create gmail account in order to login and as you know , in gmail , its compulsory to give our valid mobile phone number. They use our cookies , automatically saved to the computer , to track our surfing history . Hence , Youtube - Gmail - Google , all are monitoring us .

edit on 8-12-2012 by xplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by strokker

youtube wants to sell your information to advertisers that want to sell you their worthless

Not only , they sell our info to advertisers , they also sell it to Intelligence and Government agencies .

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by xplorer
reply to post by strokker

youtube wants to sell your information to advertisers that want to sell you their worthless

Not only , they sell our info to advertisers , they also sell it to Intelligence and Government agencies .

Youtube is itself a combination of "Intelligence and information gathering and Government spying agencies" so selling something to yourself isn't really the same as "selling" something now is it?

The selling aspect for so-called advertising purposes is merely a front - NOT as a distraction mind you - but as a front.

In order to understand what is meant here you are going to have to start using a different set of tools. Please see posting above.

Nota Bene: The critical commentary regarding Zionist control of the internet (LINK - ) is intended as a cautionary measure with respect to the naive and unschooled users of the internet generally, and of Forums such as ATS in particular.

So - along those same lines may I suggest that before you decide to use PayPal, I encourage you to do a little research on this classic Enron styled Zionist controlled company, which is actually owned by EBay Incorporated. EBay is controlled by the Zionist Meg Whitman who was recently forced to resign from the Board of Directors of Goldman Sachs amid concerns over shares she received in hot initial public offerings managed by Goldman. She is presently the CEO of Hewlett-Packard Co.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

You actually use your real name when you signed up for Youtube? If you are out to make money with YT, I'm sure you need to use your real name...but if not, then why use it? BTW - no matter what name you use, Youtube will still track you. News flash - Google tracks you...Yahoo tracks you...Bing tracks you...Those free programs you've installed track you, Your ISP tracks you, FB tracks you, ATS tracks you...

Everything you do on the internet is tracked - come to peace with it.

-CN

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I'm getting vids on the side related to my Google searches.

Youtube performance has gone down since Google bought them and i don't like the UI changes.

All the best,

QV.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Who's tried to track you?
Total # Blocked
Social Networks 3,749
Ad Networks 53
Tracking Companies 11,373
In total, you've stopped 15,175 attempts to track you.

^less than of a month of light internet usage reflected above.

learn more
www.networkadvertising.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yes that's weird but isn't everything on the Internet. The thing that makes it creepy is that like you said, it will remember videos you've watched a month before.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
when I do my daily spyware scan, I average 225 cookies removed

and I visit about 5 sites daily

lol

everyone is tracking you

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
only way around this is IP hide.
lots of ATS posts about it.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

The remedy is simple. Unplug your router cable from your computer, and remove all WiFi enabled hardware in the system. Short of that? You're going to be tracked or observed in some form or another.

~Heff

Hey Heff, can you make a thread on that and then post the link in this thread for all of us followers please?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I got that message about 4 months ago.

I accidentally refreshed the page and never saw it again. I still have the same Username as i always had though

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yup! Just be careful. Don't post any videos that you will be ashamed of or could potentially get in trouble for from your boss, or maybe even future bosses. Don't like any videos you don't want other people to see you liked. Everything you do on Youtube can be tracked, and unless you change your channel feed settings, people can see all that information.

This won't make me stop using YT though. I've made $70 on my channel so far. Which is kind of fun!

edit on 12/8/2012 by Xaberz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

PARTIAL QUOTE - Originally posted by ChuckNasty BTW - no matter what name you use, Youtube will still track you. News flash - Google tracks you...Yahoo tracks you...Bing tracks you...Those free programs you've installed track you, Your ISP tracks you, FB tracks you, ATS tracks you...Everything you do on the internet is tracked - come to peace with it. -CN

==========================================================================
New FireFox AD-ON - "Collusion Graph" - designed to see who's tracking you.
Collusion 0.24 by Jono X, Dethe Elza

Visualize who's tracking you in real time. To get started, click on the Collusion icon in the bottom-right corner of your browser. (You may need to show the Add-on Bar to see the icon.)

Here is an image of a Collusion Graph just for who's tracking you while you're on this page.

Each dot represents a 'system' of tracking devices that are reporting you're the source/name of the intruder - the interloper!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join