It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Is Trying To Track You.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

I never said I didn't want to waste my time simoly. I stated that you and mister bigot aren't getting squat from me. Care to read that as many times as it takes until it sinks in. I'll give you a hint about the information you're looking for if you want "evidence.": You will find eventually in life, hopefully that nothing can be proven or disproven on the freakin internet. Also, be prepared to visit a library, as that is about the only place that you will learn anything about the multi-nat. corporate takeover of websites, how they track you and howt that pertains to your privacy (or lack thereof.) I hope that gets you started because that's the last you will be hearing of me. I, like George Carlin, have a very low tolerance for stupid bullsh t. Take from that what you will.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexanderDeLarge

Thank you. I hope you don't lump me in with the same group as them... I try to get along and give good information and sources to people that deserve it, but some people just irk me. I imagine it would be quite easy to lull me into a flame-war as I can get a little p1ssy about some things.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I did my "research" and couldnt come up with any sources other than the usual Alex Jones Infowars page. And the thing is, I believe they could be used for evil purposes. But I Searched And I Didnt Find Any Proof, so now what?

This is the closest thing I could find, which points out how Google is using Their Technology to make a profit for Themselves.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

I also read this article about Google World Domination. It claims that they are going to take over the world. They support this by saying they are gathering information on you. But thats it? There is no further claim, he just says theyre going to take over the world because they have our information. Doesnt make sense to me.
googleworlddomination.com...
edit on 7-12-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

when i got a android phone i had start put my full name when setting up being nieve i thought nothing until i noticed it had oppend a gmail account when i went on the gmail on a pc there it was an email account in my name but with number after it,also notice after some vids on youtube that my name was in the top corner i was signed in to you tube under my real name for several days i didnt comment on any video's or i would prob noticed earlier im' now known as chuck norris on youtube but how orwelian of them,but they still have my real deitails,just changed my username to chuck noriss.
edit on 7-12-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Same here, I never had a youtube or google account until i got my android phone, I wasn't even able to log on to the internet before creating a account, which i found funny after hearing everyone complain about apple tracking people. I also needed a gmail account to register for a community college before i got the phone, i wasn't thrilled about that either but i never use it, but it did automatically log me into google account on my iphone . I have not seen the request you have mentioned in the op but i do get asked for my phone number constantly, same with hotmail, they want my phone number too.

Side note youtube is trying to get me to monetize a video of mine I uploaded not sure why they would suggest that?
especially since it only has a couple views hmmmmmm

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Youtube = Google enough said

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's a double edged sword; the benefits of datamining is their algorithms can suggest content that you might enjoy and make your browsing experience a more personalized one. The downfall is they collect all of this information about you and many social media websites are known for selling personal data to intelligence and advertising companies. You pay a price for the service, and that price is privacy, Google is trying to make money, after all.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I once frequented a restaurant. There was this waitress that worked there regularly and after enough visits and orders, she began to understand my likes, dislikes, overall diet, and was all-around great with knowing what I expected or might like to try.

Soon enough, she was so in-tune with me that I practically just had to confirm what I wanted and she would take whatever changes I asked for. She was versatile, smart, and offered great service while I cruised through a hassle free meal.

To this day, I don't believe she was stalking me...or maybe she was!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If you want to stay off the radar, stay off of electronic equipment.

I could care less who's tracking me.

I pay my taxes, don't engage in any activities that could be misconstrued, I don't do on-line gambling from a foriegn country, and I'm a Browns Fan.... Oh WAIT!

I could be followed for being a MORON for being a Browns Fan!

(Peeking Out Curtains)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
As others have noted, Google owns YouTube. Remember a while back when they changed their privacy policy? This was to allow them to track everything they can about you across all of their properties and applications. And by the way, that includes any website that displays ads from Google or uses their scripts for website analytics, everything in your gmail account if you use gmail, etc.

If you want to really get paranoid, remember when Google got in trouble when it was learned that all those Google streetview cars were also intercepting any wi-fi traffic in an area?

One of the things they were doing was collecting geolocation data for every wireless router and every wi-fi hotspot. And most newer browsers can do geolocation using HTML5. In many places in the world, this allows any web page you hit that uses geolocation code to know where you are.

This can be done even without GPS, and whether you are on a desktop computer, laptop computer, or cell phone. It uses information about nearby wireless routers, wi-fi hotspots, and/or cell phone towers and their relative signal strengths to calculate where you are.

The demos I have seen require you to accept sharing your location, but I imagine it is probably possible to avoid that.

Here is a demo from Gazpo (a web design tutorial website):

Gazpo geolocation on Google maps demo

It will prompt you to share your location. If you want to try the demo, it will only work if you do share your location. At least in Firefox, you can choose to only share it the one time or all the time, I imagine other browsers will have similar choices. I did notice sometimes the demo didn't work (didn't find me) but if I refreshed the page and did it again it worked.

The demo will show where you are on Google maps and you can zoom in and even choose satellite view. At least where I live it's quite accurate. Scarily accurate.

If you want to see Google's documentation on their Google maps geolocation API for developers, here it is:

The Google Maps Geolocation API

Probably the best explanation I ever heard of SEO (search engine optimization, for getting a website listed higher in search results) was that you have to understand what Google wants and how they try to get it.

Google wants to make tons of money from advertising. To do this, they want to as best as possible show you search results for EXACTLY what you are searching for so they will stay the #1 search engine. And they always want to show you ads that most match what you are searching for or what your known interests are so their advertisers will pay them lots of money because they make more money with Google ads.

This is the #1 reason they want to know everything about you. It's the same reason stores want to have you get a card for their store to get discounts, so they and the marketing research companies that analyze the data can profile you and sell you more stuff.

Of course, it's also worth remembering that Google allegedly no longer demands a subpoena when the government requests personal info on someone or some group...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
i would never comment on a youtube video.
that would be like dropping a diamond into some dog poop.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Someone is this thread wanted "proof" posted here. Well, "proof" is pretty hard to come by regardless of what we are talking about. Yet, I bet there are alot of things in each of our lives that we believe without there being definitive proof. As far as Youtube (Google). I do believe they have major ties with government. I believe that's who funded them. I also believe that Facebook was designed and funded by the same types of organizations specifically for the purpose of spying and collecting info on everyone. I believe this for may reasons, just one of them being how close the "founders" of these sites have been with our political leaders and our current administration.

Google is facing lawsuits everywhere else in the world for violating rights except from the U.S. Facebook in my opinion is even worse. I think they were both designed for 1 thing and that they are both evil as can be. Google was a serch engine, that's all. Now they dominate the mobile phone market, they are getting involved in the power grid and offering their own internet service. They now or soon will be including your emails into the search results you get. They soon want to make face recognition so prevalent that you could walk by me in the street, let your phone "see" my face and then be provided with any online info there is about me. And not only do they take all of your contact info, they also take all of the info from every other contact person you have in any one of their services or devices. It's 1 thing if you are O.K. with it, it's another thing to assume that everyone you have as a contact is O.K with it. All this and more, from a search engine.

Facebook, well facebook being developed and used as a spy program all along is just common sense. It's a brilliant idea. And everyone fell for it. I don't know what you consider proof or not but I will post some articles though I doubt the person looking for proof will even bother reading them.I will say, I am so sick of people saying that they don't mind being tracked because they aren't doing anything wrong. Good for you. The problem is that how do you know whatever you are doing isn't considered wrong to someone? The rules tend to be changed without warning or consent in case you haven't noticed. Also, I really hope the people who say that mean it, because if I ever meet any of them, I will track them. I will follow them around everywhere they go. I have a feeling they won't like it too much even though they still aren't doing anything wrong. Same with people saying that it's fine for Google to take pictures of everyone's house. That's great, If that's the case, I hope you don't mind if I, a complete stranger, sit outside your house and take pictures of it as well. I also hope you don't mind when I accidentally intercept your wifi connection and then lie about throwing the info away. And then, like Facebook and Google, I hope you are still fine with me selling all your info and all the pictures of you, your family and your house to anyone I wish. You know, since you are not doing anything wrong.

Anyway, we used to have a right to Privacy, It's a violation of that right at best. It's much worse when the government is or can get involved. The general rule of thumb is always "where there is smoke there is fire". That seems to be very accurate and applies to almost all facets of life. Why would it not apply to Google, Facebook or Government. And there is a lot of smoke with all 3. A few:

usatoday30.usatoday.com...

content.usatoday.com...

www.dailytech.com...

www.wired.com...

alethonews.wordpress.com...

majestic12research.blogspot.com...

usahitman.com...

www.pcworld.com...

gawker.com...

theintelhub.com...

newsjustforyou1.blogspot.com...#!/2012/11/facebook-best-spy-tool-cia-ever-made.html

tech.fortune.cnn.com...

dailycaller.com...

articles.businessinsider.com...

washingtonexaminer.com...

real-agenda.com...

www.newsmax.com...

www.wired.com...

edit on 7-12-2012 by awhispersecho because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If you kill me Darth, I will become incredibly powerful. The elite believe they can control everything but they will end up with nothing but their own stupidity to control.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Pretty much all websites now have trackers. I clicked on a link to read a news article the other day and a pop up came up saying "Will you let us store your information onto our database?" I clicked no. Can't remember what site it was - but yeah. Pretty much all sites can track information - even on blogger, if you have your own blog you can track those who visit your blog. I've said it before - nothing is private on the internet. Nothing.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I actually like the feature on youtube. I have my artist account with my real name that everyone can see (don't care who tracks that one, hardly do anything with it)...and then a phony name that I use just watch videos. I like the recently viewed videos because then I can access them easier without having to favourite or like them.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

omg yes. After reading some of the comments on some videos, I swear my IQ drops.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

They have us surrounded lol

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I did not know there were still people out there that thought that they are "trying" to track us...

Dude, they own us LOL!

No seriously, they own you...don't believe me?...ok cancel your internet subscription, destroy your computer, phone and anything else you have ever connected to the internet that has a Mac address (which is everything) and go live in the woods...nay scratch that...go live underground...in a cave, they can still track (not try) you in the woods.

What Google is doing is politely saying privacy is over...long time ago...just go ahead and use your real name.

LOL!

The Rat.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Understands SEO somewhat,and get's where you are coming from.
But it is fun to watch them...suspect

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I had it to. If i recall correctly, i clicked on the one which said i do not want to change my name due to privacy reasons.

I have noticed a lot of Youtube accounts sporting seemingly legit complete names though...i feel sorry for those people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join