It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney has life-sized fire-breathing Flying Dragon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
It looks to me like this is just a really large animatronic dragon suspended from a helicopter where the helicopter can't be heard due all the fanfare music, nor seen if it's got all lights turned off.

Dunno. Doubt this thing really flies, as it's motions would seem to suggest suspension from something else like helicopter.

Still, pretty neat none the less.

Who'd of thunk we'd ever see life sized flying dragons that even shoot fire?

edit on 7-12-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Good Morning all.

The YouTube description tells how the dragon works. Linked to this page

Basically, it's an ultralight aircraft. Cool!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Thank God a lot of money was spent on that and not put to more helpful use.

I'm sure the next 3 Star Wars films will be a massive waste of their apparent abundance of cash.

I'm still bitter about the whole Star Wars thing.

edit on 7-12-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
David Icke was right ! the reptilian takeover begins

If i were a kid i would have LOVED that dragon. Always been into monsters. Kids these days have it so good where technology is concerned.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Jesus that thing is cool.

I wish I was a kid.....

I wish I had one of these.....

I wish I had one of these things and a real suit of armor....and a Conan sword.....and a Zelda shield.....and....

thank you Disney.....

edit on 7-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Very nice! The links on YT show how it's done, too. For those that don't want to go look, here:

The dragon is a variation of an ultralight vehicle, a manned aircraft powered by an engine and aided in flight by a parachute overhead, as seen in the photos here. But the mechanics behind the carefully crafted dragon were completely hidden from view in person, with a bright spotlight illuminating only the beast’s body, leaving all in attendance in awe. Music and roars piped into the area carefully masked the aircraft’s low engine rumble, which was faintly heard by some at the party standing away from the park’s speakers.

link

Great fun to watch, though.....I think I want one!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Druscilla
I just loved this thread ..the dragon was magical and breathing fire made it even more so ..can you imagine being a kid and seeing this that would be a moment to remember..Heck i would have loved to have seen the magic myself..peace,sugarcookie1 S&F

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The dark humor side of me can't help but think of the knickers changing moment something like this crashed into someone's house.

I wonder what other nifty stuff Disney has planned for up and coming attractions.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I was thinking I want one to fly over houses, just to see the reactions! Alright, so I am a little warped.....

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

They can't tax our memories Jibby, we'll always have 77 - 83 x

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

They can't tax our memories Jibby, we'll always have 77 - 83 x

What if they redo those memories like Lucas did though?
You know they have the money to waste to attempt it too. Maybe Greedo will shoot 1st, 3rd, & 5th next time. The probabilities are retarded.

I like all their Pirates movies, but so much damage has been done to SW so far, I dread what may yet come to be. They can afford to buy planets, and they have tried I'm sure. Hungry in Africa... bah!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

its pre-programming for real dragons from genetic labs for the apocalypse...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

That storm trooper will always bang his head no matter how many times they edit it out of the new versions!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Damn I was just there in Feb and didn't get to see no damn dragon. Pretty cool!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
That... is... so... bad ass! Can you imagine how much the thing cost? or how much the inventor got paid to design something like that? way cool!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Looks cool, sounds cool...the fire breathing could use some work....looks like a short lived roman candle got lit up. Now having a real "napalm-like" fire would be sweet

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I had no idea there were definitive measurements on what ''life sized'' is pertaining to dragons. How big are they in real life?!
S&F for the nice read though.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
actually that looks pretty cheap to do, now paying a guy to fly around in the dark to do, that bit of the pricy part ha!

very cool, love the human imagination, i was thinking helicopter, towed by a light airplane etc, not a paraglider!

amazing

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Some reptiles eat mice, right?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

"The dragon is a variation on an ultralight aircraft, utilizing a fan and kite to stay afloat while an onboard pilot navigates it." Source: Dragon

top topics

<<   2 >>

join