It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phobos declared ARTIFICIAL

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
______beforeitsnews/space/2012/12/space-agency-phobos-is-artificial-2451408.html
I know i know BIN is not the best source but well..............chek it oot
I think its for real....??
edit on 6-12-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

"“We report independent results from two subgroups of the Mars Express Radio Science (MaRS) team who independently analyzed Mars Express (MEX) radio tracking data for the purpose of determining consistently the gravitational attraction of the moon Phobos on the MEX spacecraft, and hence the mass of Phobos. New values for the gravitational parameter (GM=0.7127 ± 0.0021 x 10-³ km³/s²) and density of Phobos (1876 ± 20 kg/m³) provide meaningful new constraints on the corresponding range of the body’s porosity (30% ± 5%), provide a basis for improved interpretation of the internal structure. We conclude that the interior of Phobos likely contains large voids. When applied to various hypotheses bearing on the origin of Phobos, these results are inconsistent with the proposition that Phobos is a captured asteroid.”

I qas tempted to throw in the artists conception too but check it oot
lets hear some learned discussion

realityzone-realityzone.blogspot.ca...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Really...?

So, I decided to go ahead and conduct a couple searches...

and found absolutely nothing even remotely close to the claims made in the link you presented.

Is it too early to suggest, "Check your sources"?

Or is it too late to suggest, "beforeitwasnews has zero credibility." I don't think I've seen anything other than an opinion piece that was close to factually accurate come from that site. lol

although admittedly the only articles I've read from the website were linked from posts on ATS.
edit on 6-12-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional comment

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
______beforeitsnews/space/2012/12/space-agency-phobos-is-artificial-2451408.html

This is old news, and is his own personal theory due to Phobos' seemingly odd, devolving gravitational orbit. This is just your site referencing old theories based on Mr. Shklovsky.

As it says above, Iosif proved that the radio-wave radiation fro the sun come from ionized layers of its corona. That alone help us as a society comprehend the understanding of how the sun works. It also helped by motivating people involved in science to further study the way our sun operates. Iosif also examined the orbit motions of Mars' inner satellite Phobos. He concluded that its orbit was rotting and noted that if this decay was attributed to friction with the Martian atmosphere, then the satellite must have some kind of low density. He had a suggestion that Phobos could possibly be hollow and could be of artificial origin. This has been refuted by more detailed study, but the apparent suggestion of extra involvement caught the public imagination. Though there is some disagreement as to how seriously Iosif wanted the idea to be taken. In 1960 Iosif Shklovsky was awarded the Lenin Prize along with the Bruce Medal. The asteroid 2849 Shklovsky was named in his honor and was a Corresponding member of Soviet Academy of Sciences beginning in 1966.

Site source: actionsciencelab.wikispaces.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
No the ESA is the agency i quoted methinks...
Did you scrooll down?

other sourcerealityzone-realityzone.blogspot.ca...

according to "inside" ESA sources- recounted "a Phobos' interior filled with 'cavernous, geometric rooms... right-angle walls... and floors - detectable via the semi-regular 'structure of the returning, interior radar echoes...' as they were impressed upon the reflected MARSIS signals.'"

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I just knew" doom" was too real.
Great find OP.
Credit for the digging out of the truth.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Lets hope the truth will stand the test of time....

Some theorize its a great big ole planet killer left over from some old interstellar conflict....
Others a mothership....i guess its all in your frame of mind.....
Coupling this radar data with a missing Phobos probe which seemed to have been bumped off by some hulking cigar when it approached Phobos back then....we lost it ...or the Ruskies did....nothing ever was heard from it.
Maybe Phobos still has functioning defenses?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

No the ESA is the agency i quoted methinks...
Did you scrooll down?

other sourcerealityzone-realityzone.blogspot.ca...

according to "inside" ESA sources- recounted "a Phobos' interior filled with 'cavernous, geometric rooms... right-angle walls... and floors - detectable via the semi-regular 'structure of the returning, interior radar echoes...' as they were impressed upon the reflected MARSIS signals.'"

I understand how you can read the word "rooms" and think that scientists definitely believe Phobos is the death star, but besides those one or two words that could also be referring to natural "empty spaces" inside Phobos... what makes you think it is ARTIFICIAL,,, and what do you think it would mean if it were ARTIFICIAL?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Phobos is quite the mystery!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Heck.. Like I've said before.... The estimates are billions of years for Earth's age and hundreds of thousands of years for man. We've had technology as anything worthy of the term for only a couple hundred years and recorded history of any value at all for a bit more than a thousand....kinda.

If man really isn't at the most advanced stage ever reached on Earth across the eons..or perhaps even another life form was here at some point over those 4+ billion years, then space is about the only place we'd likely still find any evidence at all. After all this time, it probably wouldn't look very much like what it started as...whatever we'd find of the past out there.

So who knows? There is far more we don't know as a species than that which we do. Nothing much will surprise me when we're in space. Time has whole new meanings, IMO.
edit on 6-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

I wonder of you took the time to visit the link before replying?
There are two separate tests taken a while apart by two different systems.....
The meaning is open dont you think?
What would it mean if theres a derelict mother ship floating around Mars?
maybe we got to earth in it?
maybe they were trying to escape the fate of Mars...(anyone can see its been hit by something big....If they were home maybe they saw it comming but not in time to finish the ship?
Maybe its a great big hollow rock like OUR Moon seems to be...HUH?

Visit the link look at the pretty pictures fer petes sake.....
If i give you a crayon wanna draw what it means to you?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
It's official. It wasn't captured by Mars....

Hollow Phobos and it wasn't captured by Mars

Scientific research: www.agu.org...
edit on 7-12-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

reply to post by ImaFungi

I wonder of you took the time to visit the link before replying?
There are two separate tests taken a while apart by two different systems.....
The meaning is open dont you think?
What would it mean if theres a derelict mother ship floating around Mars?
maybe we got to earth in it?
maybe they were trying to escape the fate of Mars...(anyone can see its been hit by something big....If they were home maybe they saw it comming but not in time to finish the ship?
Maybe its a great big hollow rock like OUR Moon seems to be...HUH?

Visit the link look at the pretty pictures fer petes sake.....
If i give you a crayon wanna draw what it means to you?

I enjoy your humor.. please keep it coming...

Can you please email NASA... or whoever took the photos and ran the experiments with your enquires and then post the results on this thread? If it really is potentially a mothership that would be awesome.. and i am sure there are ways to prove it.... can you do that? will you do that?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Didnt Carl Sagan say any hollow body orbiting a planet cant be natural?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Didnt Carl Sagan say any hollow body orbiting a planet cant be natural?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
But Phobos isn't hollow, it's porous. A porous, low-density body can form by accretion of rubble ejected by a large impact. Phobos is now believed to have formed out of debris ejected by an impact on Mars: www.bbc.co.uk...

Phobos isn't the only porous body in the Solar System. Saturn's moon Hyperion is about 40% empty space and looks like a sponge. The main-belt asteroid 87 Sylvia might have as much as 60% of empty space.
en.wikipedia.org...

Claiming that Phobos is artificial, hollow, has rectangular rooms, etc. has nothing to do with the scientific data. It's pure speculation.
edit on 7-12-2012 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13

This is old news, and is his own personal theory due to Phobos' seemingly odd, devolving gravitational orbit. This is just your site referencing old theories based on Mr. Shklovsky.

uh ya well apparently the Russians heeded his speculations and sent a probe there only to have it loose communication and disappear...

rt.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Anyone can declare anything, the fact that some guy declared that Phobos is artificial meanings as much as if declared that that guy is artificial.

What ESA said was that Phobos is not a captured asteroid, they never said it was artificial or spoke about 'a huge…geometric… hollow spaceship', that's just interpretation (along with imagination) of what ESA said.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Phobos is quite the mystery!

It's also a mystery why people put images from different celestial bodies on a video about Phobos.

That video shows Phobos, the "monolith", another "monolith" on Mars and a strange formation (I don't know if it's a "monolith" or a "multilith") on Eros.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
More Richard c Hoagland rubbish.. He came up with this nonsense years ago.. claimed it was a spaceship..

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Really, those images are not true probe data simulations? I didn't know that. I didn't intend, by posting the video, to promote R. Hoagland, so much, as just to have a look at the Phobos moon and the alleged monolith.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join