It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Caught Altering LASCO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I can confirm that prior to the editing of the LASCO footage, there was indeed blackness. I saw that huge, what I thought was an artifact, today since I check LASCO daily and it struck me as odd.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

You can see it yourself and check this out, too: stereo.ssl.berkeley.edu...

spaceweather.com has said NOTHING of solar activity within the past three days...

Thoughts, everyone?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
No idea but that was a big flash and I haven't ever seen that before myself.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Certainly seems like something was altered. These oddities I have never seen before in anyway with LASCO images. The guy in the video trying to be funny doesn't help his claim of the images being altered though.
edit on 6-12-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
i'm no video or camera expert but to me looks like a "glitche" from the camera like sometimes i found one in games. Just me saying.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
My head hurts so much from the amount of nonsense I sat through today, that I know it sounds lazy, but I reallllyyyy want to hear Phage on this one. Usual his links get me in the right direction before I look anywhere stupid. Not saying it is a glitch, just saying usually Phage is one of the only people who have links, definitions and examples to back up their explanations.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

I'd like that, too. I'm NOT saying that it is or isn't what the video claims, just sharing information as I come across it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The first blip looks exactly like a CCD hit, as described here, back in 2003.

2. Other horizontal CCD overloads can be seen in this image, and this image, and this image.

Dont know why anyone would be surprised since its a very common occurance thats been going on since forever.

Edit - what the hell, here's a whole bunch more horizontal CCD overloads from LASCO...

edit on 6-12-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
The first blip looks exactly like a CCD hit, as described here, back in 2003.

2. Other horizontal CCD overloads can be seen in this image, and this image, and this image.

Dont know why anyone would be surprised since its a very common occurance thats been going on since forever.

Edit - what the hell, here's a whole bunch more horizontal CCD overloads from LASCO...

edit on 6-12-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Could be but haven't seen a video of the others you posted and this doesn't really look the same as those....the one in the video lit up the entire right side of the field of vision of the camera. While I will side with a camer issue, I would like to hear an actual explanation if that is the case. I am assuming that it is camera related for now though.

top topics

join