It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Navy positions ships to monitor North Korea launch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

The Navy is moving some warships into position to monitor a possible upcoming North Korean launch of a long-range ballistic missile, U.S. Department of Defense officials said Thursday.

The USS Benfold and the USS Fitzgerald - both guided missile destroyers - are moving into positions, although the Navy declined to give their exact location. They are being sent to monitor for a possible launch and "provide reassurance to allies," according two Defense Department officials.

It's possible two additional ships will be sent in the next few days, the officials added.

security.blogs.cnn.com...

Something tells me this one will actual make good flight and be destroyed. This is the 3rd "major launch" from North Korea in 7 years. Lucky 7 and 3rd time is a charm. There has been media speculation (isn't it all?) about having some Russian help on this one and/or parts from Iran because their confidence in this one seems greater.

Obviously, we'll just have to wait and see...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Again. These boys love putting on a stunt show when they're more serious matters to attend to like Syrian.

I think this is more of a distracting tactic rather than "let's see if our made in Korea toy works this time"

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Told you it would be "Successful" !!

This is very important!!

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 12-12-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I don't know much about this topic. Could you explain why this is so important?

I read somewhere, that the reason they launched to booster there integity within there own country.
edit on 12-12-2012 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
I don't know much about this topic. Could you explain why this is so important?

I read somewhere, that the reason they launched to booster there integity within there own country.

It's important because no one took NK's Nuclear Arsenal seriously because they couldn't even conduct 1 long range missile before....... Now, well, the officially can!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
But would they be foolish enough to do something stupid?

It just seems to me there doing this for the sake of saying they can.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

After I posted last nite, I went and watched a video documentary on the subject. I was only able to get through about an hour of a 2 hour video. But I now understand why you say this is so important.

Thank you for this thread. My opinion is, this is a very important subject. I understand that the six party talks have fizzled. And this is something that needs to be watched.
Just wanted to add, I look forward to your future posts regarding this matter.

new topics

top topics

join